Preview 2024 Rd 9 Carlton vs Melbourne Thursday 9th May 7:30PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Ollie Hollands, Brodie Kemp, Jack Martin, Mitch McGovern
OUT: Zac Williams (glute soreness), David Cuningham, Orazio Fantasia, Lewis Young

Round 9 team v Melbourne
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringLachie Cowan
Half-backs:Alex CincottaMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Jack MartinHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraMatthew Cottrell
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:David CuninghamOrazio FantasiaLewis Young

My team for this week

Outs: Fantasia, Williams, Cincotta, CDurdin
Ins: Wilson, Binns, Kemp

B Wilson Young Boyd
Hb McGovern Weitering Newman
C Acres Cripps Cottrell
Hf EHollands Harry Kemp
F Tdk Charlie Owies
R Pitto Walsh Hewett
Int Cowan Binns Cerra Cuningham
Sub Kennedy

Let’s inject a little youth and speed with Wilson in the backline. He may even get a small amount of midfield minutes. I’d also give Kemp a change. Put him forward and remove the smaller body players in Fantasia and CDurdin. Let’s change up our forward line a little and not make it so predictable with just talls and smalls that aren’t really impacting and being involved in the play

My team for this week

Outs: Fantasia, Williams, Cincotta, CDurdin
Ins: Wilson, Binns, Kemp

B Wilson Young Boyd
Hb McGovern Weitering Newman
C Acres Cripps Cottrell
Hf EHollands Harry Kemp
F Tdk Charlie Owies
R Pitto Walsh Hewett
Int Cowan Binns Cerra Cuningham
Sub Kennedy

Let’s inject a little youth and speed with Wilson in the backline. He may even get a small amount of midfield minutes. I’d also give Kemp a change. Put him forward and remove the smaller body players in Fantasia and CDurdin. Let’s change up our forward line a little and not make it so predictable with just talls and smalls that aren’t really impacting and being involved in the play
Dropping Cincotta after yesterday's performance? 🤣

Have a look at what his opponent did, how many tackles he missed, how many times he ran away from a contest and his clangers
You are right mate, overlooked his abysmal performance. He will be traded to Nth Melb at seasons end imo. Lol.

Post match presser McGovern Martin and Marchbank mentioned ( maybe Marchbank marginal).

VIss stated that the two things to look at always are:

1. Your systems and what needs improving; and
2 Players available who can execute on the system better

Yesterday was teh first game I got the itchies and scratchies over Voss's in game management tbh - his post match demeanour was a bloke that recognised as much.

Try something different this game.

What we're doing isn't working.

Charlie to the backline.

Harry and TDK the tall forwards.

At least TDK is offering up leads in the forward line rather than spending his whole time trying to wrestle with the opposition.

Pitto to ruck majority with TDK to be the chop out.

I’d play TDK at CHB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Williams was copping a flogging from Elliott
Made him look like F Royce Hart
Should be dropped but won’t due to name/contract
I like little Durdin but cringe when I see him flying against Harry when he should be at the front of the pack
I hated Kemp being dropped, don’t care for the matchup bullshit re Cox and Lewis Young- Kemp shorter but would’ve done better
Should play every week
Young just exudes laconic dgaf behaviour, shits himself
In- Kemp, Gov and Martin
Out- Willians, Young ,Fantasia
Give little Durds a rocket and 1 more chance or until Mots is ready
Rant over…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to hope we can get players back from injury. Need to get the best 22 players back ASAP.

McGovern Weitering Newman
Boyd Marchbank/Durdin Williams
Acres Cripps Kemp
Cottrell Curnow Hollands
Martin McKay Cerra
DeKoning Walsh Hewett
Cowan Kennedy Cuningham Owies
Durdin

OUT
Young, Durdin, Fantasia, Cincotta, Pittonet

IN
Marchbank if not Durdin, Kemp, Martin, McGovern, Kemp

Keep Williams at half back, not on a small full forward, that was dumb, that's Newman's role.
Cerra to play a forward/mid role. Kennedy to play a similar role. More rotations in the midfield.
Back to one ruck, too tall up forward, fails more than it works, hurts us at ground level.
Kemp to play a wing role

Gov will come in, for who will be interesting. Any of Young, Williams, Cowan, Cincotta could come out

Cuners isn't getting dropped, not to keep Durdin or Fantasia in the side

Suspect Kennedy will come into the 22
Switching Kennedy for any of durdin or fantasia isn't an answer to our problems if we play E hollands and Cunningham just inserting a name especially with two rucks (TDK last night showed he truly a ruck fwd at present ) -- you would think Kennedy plays only for one of cripps Hewitt cerra.. he is an interesting case Matty as he to good not to play but not good enough at same time ...

Switching Kennedy for any of durdin or fantasia isn't an answer to our problems if we play E hollands and Cunningham just inserting a name especially with two rucks (TDK last night showed he truly a ruck fwd at present ) -- you would think Kennedy plays only for one of cripps Hewitt cerra.. he is an interesting case Matty as he to good not to play but not good enough at same time ...

We were winning games with Kennedy in the side with Cripps and Hewett

Perhaps we might go back to rotating a mid at HF and or HB

OUT: Cowan, Kennedy, Fantasia, C.Durdin, Young
IN: McGovern, Carroll, Wilson/Martin, O.Hollands, Kemp

Pittonet finally looking like the player I saw in the junior ranks after shedding some weight and getting his fitness levels right. If his lower body actually holds up, Andrew*Russell should be simultaneously slapped and hugged for the impact he's managed to have on this guy's career.

Wilson in if Martin isn't able to play. Run, run, and more run.

Last edited:
OUT: Cowan, Kennedy, Fantasia, C.Durdin, Young
IN: McGovern, Carroll, Wilson/Martin, O.Hollands, Kemp

Pittonet finally looking like the player I saw in the junior ranks after shedding some weight and getting his fitness levels right. If his lower body actually holds up, Jordan Russell should be simultaneously slapped and hugged for the impact he's managed to have on this guy's career.

Wilson in if Martin isn't able to play. Run, run, and more run.
5 changes

If McGovern is right he is an obvious inclusion for Young.
Melbourne don't play overly tall forward with Petty, van Rooyen and Fritsch anyway.

If the coaches think Martin is ready to go he comes in for Fantasia.

Wouldn't be surprised if the coaches want O. Hollands to come in for Durdin and we restructure forward minutes of Cottrell and Cuningham. He may have just needed a week off to reset.

I don't think we're that far off. I'm not getting the same vibes as this time last year and we needed the Curnow Camp to get us on track.
Blues by 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back