2nds Northern Blues 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

DVR. 5 x touches in a vfl game as a midfielder/flanker is very poor. Had his chances. Good decision maker& disposer when he has the ball, but doesn't get enough of it. - definitely delist. Same with Gowers.with 11 x touches.

2016 season
DISPOSALS
Total: Jason Tutt (376 disposals), Tom Wilson (365), Matthew Dick (327), Hisham Kerbatieh (309), Tim Jones (301)
Averages: Nick Graham (31), Jason Tutt (26.9), Mark Whiley (25.2), Simon White (23), Tom Wilson (22.8)

Season-high: Mark Whiley, Round 15 vs. North Ballarat (38 disposals)

CONTESTED POSSESSIONS
Total: Tom Wilson (163 contested possessions), Hisham Kerbatieh (152), Tim Jones (136), Mark Whiley (117), Dillon Viojo-Rainbow (114)
Averages: Nick Graham (14.3), Mark Whiley (11.7), Tom Wilson (10.2), Lachie Plowman (10), Tim Jones (9.7)

Season-high: Nick Graham, Round 5 vs. Casey (21 contested possessions)

CLEARANCES
Total: Tom Wilson (75 clearances), Tim Jones (66), Mark Whiley (63), Hisham Kerbatieh (43), Jason Tutt (32)
Averages: Mark Whiley (6.3), Nick Graham (6.3), Tom Wilson (4.7), Tim Jones (4.4), Liam Sumner (4)

Season-high: Mark Whiley, Round 9 vs. Frankston (11 clearances)

GOALS
Total: Kristian Jaksch (24 goals), Hisham Kerbatieh (21), Liam Jones (19), Jack Silvagni (15), Tom Wilson (10)
Averages: Jack Silvagni (2.5), Liam Jones (1.7), Kristian Jaksch (1.4), Hisham Kerbatieh (1.2), Harry McKay (1.2)

Season-high: Liam Jones – Round 2 vs. Geelong, Hisham Kerbatieh – Round 17 vs. Werribee, Andrejs Everitt – Round 18 vs. Richmond (5 goals)

13047723_1070623099674693_1627484312832833302_o-e1472519590800.jpg

Jack Silvagni led the club for goals per game in 2016.
PHOTO: Jason Heidrich

MARKS
Total: Kristian Jaksch (87 marks), Jason Tutt (82), Matthew Dick (78), Bill Gowers (78), Jayden Foster (75)
Averages: Andrejs Everitt (6.8), Nick Graham (6.8), Simon White (6), Jason Tutt (5.9), Liam Jones (5.4)

Season-high: Jason Tutt, Round 16 vs. Footscray (12 marks)

TACKLES
Total: Hisham Kerbatieh (62 tackles), Tom Wilson (62), Tim Jones (49), Zach Ballard (44), Clem Smith (39)
Averages: Nick Graham (8), Brent Bransgrove (4), Mason Blakey (4), Tom Wilson (3.9), Mark Whiley (3.6)

Season-high: Nick Graham, Round 5 vs. Casey (14 tackles)

INSIDE 50s
Total: Tom Wilson (67 inside 50s), Jason Tutt (47), Hisham Kerbatieh (45), Tim Jones (37), Glenn Strachan (34)
Averages: Liam Sumner (5), Dennis Armfield (4.5), Tom Wilson (4.2), Blaine Boekhorst (3.9), Jed Lamb (3.7)

Season-high: Tom Wilson, Round 1 vs. Footscray/Round 4 vs. Collingwood, Blaine Boekhorst, Round 20 vs. Williamstown (8 inside 50s)
ISPOSALS

Total: Jason Tutt (376 disposals), Tom Wilson (365), Matthew Dick (327), Hisham Kerbatieh (309), Tim Jones (301)
Averages: Nick Graham (31), Jason Tutt (26.9), Mark Whiley (25.2), Simon White (23), Tom Wilson (22.8)

Season-high: Mark Whiley, Round 15 vs. North Ballarat (38 disposals)

CONTESTED POSSESSIONS
Total: Tom Wilson (163 contested possessions), Hisham Kerbatieh (152), Tim Jones (136), Mark Whiley (117), Dillon Viojo-Rainbow (114)
Averages: Nick Graham (14.3), Mark Whiley (11.7), Tom Wilson (10.2), Lachie Plowman (10), Tim Jones (9.7)

Season-high: Nick Graham, Round 5 vs. Casey (21 contested possessions)

CLEARANCES
Total: Tom Wilson (75 clearances), Tim Jones (66), Mark Whiley (63), Hisham Kerbatieh (43), Jason Tutt (32)
Averages: Mark Whiley (6.3), Nick Graham (6.3), Tom Wilson (4.7), Tim Jones (4.4), Liam Sumner (4)

Season-high: Mark Whiley, Round 9 vs. Frankston (11 clearances)

GOALS
Total: Kristian Jaksch (24 goals), Hisham Kerbatieh (21), Liam Jones (19), Jack Silvagni (15), Tom Wilson (10)
Averages: Jack Silvagni (2.5), Liam Jones (1.7), Kristian Jaksch (1.4), Hisham Kerbatieh (1.2), Harry McKay (1.2)

Season-high: Liam Jones – Round 2 vs. Geelong, Hisham Kerbatieh – Round 17 vs. Werribee, Andrejs Everitt – Round 18 vs. Richmond

Really disappointed with the Northern Blues.

The majority of of our non-AFL players are not up to standard which hurts the development of our younger players and leaves us near the bottom of the ladder.

Trigg and co must look at this arrangement and improve it. Whether that be spending more on recruiting better quality non-AFL players or going stand alone..

Hopefully Carlton loosens up the purse strings and recruits a bit of help for the VFL side..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
At last year's AGM Trigg answered a question I asked on this topic with a very simple response: get more people to buy more NB memberships. The NB leadership team were there and agreed. That was a worry.
I HOPE we can do more, but apparently we are limited in what we can do. We actually need the Preston side of the equation to be better off financially. Not easy when we haven't got back to our own place in the financial pack as yet.

I took Trigg at his word and got an NB membership.

At last year's AGM Trigg answered a question I asked on this topic with a very simple response: get more people to buy more NB memberships. The NB leadership team were there and agreed. That was a worry.
I HOPE we can do more, but apparently we are limited in what we can do. We actually need the Preston side of the equation to be better off financially. Not easy when we haven't got back to our own place in the financial pack as yet.

I took Trigg at his word and got an NB membership.
Thanks for the insight.
I'm not sure how Carlton is limited in terms of recruiting, outside of it's own poor financial state because Carlton has final say on all things to do with the Northern Blues, in fact it's part of what caused an exodus of solid vfl types some years ago.

Thanks for the insight.
I'm not sure how Carlton is limited in terms of recruiting, outside of it's own poor financial state because Carlton has final say on all things to do with the Northern Blues, in fact it's part of what caused an exodus of solid vfl types some years ago.

Truly I do not understand either. It was not the response I was expecting. However, there must be some sort of restriction on what we can put on the field with our own money, otherwise we would do things differently.

I, too, recall the 'takeover'. It has cost us VFL talent, much to my irritation. But in the end, we lost VFL players because we are one of lower paying VFL clubs. I think we need to change that, but that makes some distinct assumptions which I cannot check out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone heard whether Alex Browne will play for NB in 2017? Of course he was set to this year until the bans.

He's a good kid and was probably unlucky not to get more senior footy at Essendon, so I hope someone gives him a shot at VFL level at least.

Anyone heard whether Alex Browne will play for NB in 2017? Of course he was set to this year until the bans.

He's a good kid and was probably unlucky not to get more senior footy at Essendon, so I hope someone gives him a shot at VFL level at least.

At the best and fairest the coach said he's going to do pre-season training with the club, but isn't signed up yet.

Fremantle are seriously sniffing around one of our Northern Blues players, who spent most of the year in Development Side but got a few games later in the year and I thought was really impressive.

He hasn't even heard from Carlton or Northern Blues with regards to his future.

Fremantle are seriously sniffing around one of our Northern Blues players, who spent most of the year in Development Side but got a few games later in the year and I thought was really impressive.

He hasn't even heard from Carlton or Northern Blues with regards to his future.

Kye Declase?

They took Jacob Ballard a few years ago who played most of the season in the Development League side, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Kye Declase?

They took Jacob Ballard a few years ago who played most of the season in the Development League side, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Yes it's Kye.

Pretty poor from a Carlton/Northern Blues perspective that they don't speak to players - or is it we just don't have the resources that Freo do (an interstate club at that) to see an identity talent under our own noses.

Yes it's Kye.

Pretty poor from a Carlton/Northern Blues perspective that they don't speak to players - or is it we just don't have the resources that Freo do (an interstate club at that) to see an identity talent under our own noses.

I don't know his situation that well, but I believe that he has been given a training program for the off season, like the others at the club have and as far as I know he will be doing pre season with the VFL team. It's quite common at the club for guys not to be signed up until the latter stages of pre season.

I think he's in with a shot of being rookied somewhere, but Carlton may not rate him so that may be why they haven't spoken to him. No excuse really if the Northern Blues haven't spoken to him as I would have thought they would be keen to tie him down for next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back