Social Cats Chat about Our Pets

Is your Pet a Geelong Cats supporter?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He's home ......ouch that was not cheap.
Hope they got it all....fuuuu sake they found another lump tumor thing in his mouth fuuu good god what's next.
On pain killers and tablets and bandaged up like a mummy:eek:.
He will a inside dog for best part of a week......the cats won't like dat..............................bishes.
Hope the tests come back clean...please.
Awwww rocker. :(
Good luck with the test results, spoil poor Hank rotten!!
When do you get the results?

Hank got the tumor cut of hes leg last week that all went well,they think they got it all.
It was cancer grade 3 so hoping for the best.
The cancer finally came back to take my Hank away from me.
Fuuu shattered,but happy i got to spend this extra time with him.
Im feeling sad losing both my dogs,but grateful ive spend the best part of 11 years with these beautiful boys.
Thank you for being good doggies for me,rest in peace.

The cancer finally came back to take my Hank away from me.
Fuuu shattered,but happy i got to spend this extra time with him.
Im feeling sad losing both my dogs,but grateful ive spend the best part of 11 years with these beautiful boys.
Thank you for being good doggies for me,rest in peace.
So sorry too hear that mate.
Went through a similar situation with my wifes dog Roxy a little while ago.
Making the decision to put her too sleep and sitting with her in her final moments were quite possibly the hardest things i have had to do.

Ive made some calls to breeders for another puppy.
I was already looking after fudge passed because hank was lookIng sad,so i wanted to get him a mate to play with.
But the sadness was somthing else.
I thought if i wait then ...I will wait longer,because of high demand of lab puppies and i want the English style big blocky head boarder body type (black this time around).

One breeder didn't even know the difference.

Ive made some calls to breeders for another puppy.
I was already looking after fudge passed because hank was lookIng sad,so i wanted to get him a mate to play with.
But the sadness was somthing else.
I thought if i wait then ...I will wait longer,because of high demand of lab puppies and i want the English style big blocky head boarder body type (black this time around).

One breeder didn't even know the difference.
Sounds like it will be a never ending cycle of labs rocker.

I contacted a breeder a few days ago they said there might be 14 month old black male (lab) available.Oh yeah if hes the right shape and size i might keen.
They emailed last night while i was at work saying hes available.
I emailed back(after i got home) saying yes im interested please give the guys number.
I havent heard back,so i rang them oh sorry he might be gone alady rang dis morning and is going to see him,first in.
Well I was first i emailed in the early hours,maybe check the emails first.

All thd breeders have been lovely to talk too,but im not happy about this.

Damn, had to put my beloved Bonnie down tonight. She was about 10 years, 4 months of age.
King Charles Cavalier with one of the most beautiful natures you could ever wish for.

Like a lot of Cavaliers, it was a heart murmur which ultimately led to her demise. A slow deteriorating illness. I know this day was coming when she was diagnosed about 3 years ago.

Lost my other dog in about early December last year from old age. He was a Cocker Spaniel x King Charles and he lived until he was 16.
Taking him to the vet to be put down was difficult but he was not in a good shape so the whole process was a lot easier than today's procedure.
Bonnie was fine three weeks ago. She then suddenly had this build up of fluid in her belly and it progressed in a very rapid period of time.
Thinking it was fluid build up from the heart disease, it would only need to be pumped out and she could go on for another 3-6 months but it was a tumor which had started to bleed out causing the belly to bloat with blood.
She was not in any pain but she was unconformable.

Such a brutal and devastating last couple of hours. My heart truly goes out to those experiencing a similar situation.
It's not easy but I highly recommend anyone who has a dog with this disease to get regular checkups. Do not let this get to the stage where the dog begins to have trouble walking. As in easily fatigued with shortness of breath.
And as hard as it is, I also recommend being there when she/he is put to sleep. The comfort and love you can share in those final moments is something which helps you process it all as the day draws to a close.

R.I.P
Bon Bon :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn, had to put my beloved Bonnie down tonight. She was about 10 years, 4 months of age.
King Charles Cavalier with one of the most beautiful natures you could ever wish for.

Like a lot of Cavaliers, it was a heart murmur which ultimately led to her demise. A slow deteriorating illness. I know this day was coming when she was diagnosed about 3 years ago.

Lost my other dog in about early December last year from old age. He was a Cocker Spaniel x King Charles and he lived until he was 16.
Taking him to the vet to be put down was difficult but he was not in a good shape so the whole process was a lot easier than today's procedure.
Bonnie was fine three weeks ago. She then suddenly had this build up of fluid in her belly and it progressed in a very rapid period of time.
Thinking it was fluid build up from the heart disease, it would only need to be pumped out and she could go on for another 3-6 months but it was a tumor which had started to bleed out causing the belly to bloat with blood.

Such a brutal and devastating last couple of hours. My heart truly goes out to those experiencing a similar situation.
It's not easy but I highly recommend anyone who has a dog with this disease to get regular checkups. Do not let this get to the stage where the dog begins to have trouble walking. As in easily fatigued with shortness of breath.
And as hard as it is, I also recommend being there when she/he is put to sleep. The comfort and love you can share in those final moments is something which helps you process it all as the day draws to a close.

R.I.P
Heartfelt commiserations Bobby.
My dog (Mackie!) has been struggling for 2 years now with allergic bronchitis (allergic to grass) and has to be on lifelong prednisolone to be able to breathe with any dignity. Hard for a whippet whose nature is to run like the wind. That will shorten his lifespan considerably, but we have to be of the mindset that he's here for quality time, not quantity time.
I dread the day we have to do the same thing, but at the same time, realise he will be in a better place when that time comes.

R.I.P
Sorry for your lose Bobby.
Its not a easy thing to do, make the hard call.
At least you gave your doggies agood life.

Very sad.

Sorry to hear that guys.
They simply don't live a long enough life. 10, 13, 16 years, I wish it was 25 years.

but we have to be of the mindset that he's here for quality time, not quantity time.

That's precisely it in a nutshell.
Bonnie had a great time over the Christmas break. Took to her to the beach about twice a week and she was swimming and loving it.
It's very frustrating how quickly something can hit any living person or animal and within a month or less, the inevitable process has begun in full swing.
I had a very strong feeling deep down that she would go within a period of 6 months and that was about 3 months ago. The deterioration process varies from dog to dog and once you have been on the medication for 2 years, I guess your pushing your luck with this kind of breed.

I hope you get a shock Vdubs and Mackie ends up going on much longer than you anticipated. I know number 4 is currently doing this as we speak.

Makes me think of hank and nudge lost those 2 boyz 7 weeks apart...fuuuu cancer to hell.

It's a rotten phenomenon.
Scientists are doing their best but still yet to find a cure.
As can sometimes be the case though, some child living in poverty will grow up with an intellect which only needs to be tapped into, and with it comes clues to unlocking some primary mysteries of this disease.

It's always a horrible decision to have to make but I think we know when the time has come and that we're doing the best thing for our pets. The most that any of us can do is give them as good a life as we can and when it isn't possible to continue that good life to give them an easy death. My sympathies to all who have lost animal friends.

This is my mate's dog. Just too ****en cute.

18814080_10154882293288318_5140981328158096358_n.jpg

Sheesh, they look fully grown at 5 months.

They destroyed much?
Yeah a few things the cushions on the outside chairs are gone now.
Console in my car has chew-bite marks in it lolz.
They pull the carpet out of there grate Last night early dis morning,i put new carpet in there.They already tying to pull it out,silly boys.

Most part they pretty good.
Heaps of people ask me is it hard having 2 puppies?...No not really they quiet easy to look after.

Back