D2 D2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are accustomed to you acting obsequiously when it comes to all matters VAFA, but please don't attempt to suppress the opinions of those who see matters differently. It's not your position.

We know a small number of clubs have been nailed over the years for paying players. We also know they were caught and punished because the evidence was served up on a plate to the VAFA.

I'd suggest it's the view of many that for any club to be busted as we speak they'd have to be caught holding a smoking gun.

So cut the attempt to censor the flow of conversation which is the lifeblood of forums and leave it to the Mods to step-in if and when that conversation is out of order. Stick to the facetiousness where your true talent lies.

Boring.
Wanting a name doesn't stop the flow of conversation. Mods don't need to step in. Relax AM. No need to get worked up.
It's very easy to say I know a bloke who got 150 bucks a game. I'm not a big fan of easy.
I encourage flow..name a name. Or for me don't even bother saying it as it didn't happen.
Don't try and censor me AM. The lifeblood of a forum like this is the flow of conversation. I'm just looking for a little more...

No one likes cheats. As such I trust that you have done the right thing by all VAFA followers and have taken your claims and evidence of these match payment to the VAFA.

This won't happen. I know a bloke who knows a bloke who said this won't happen. So take it as gospel.

Could you imagine the "crack" integrity unit from VAFA headquarters.

Did you or are you paying players?
No Sir we did not pay any players direct from club's official bank account.
Our apologies - case closed, nothing see here move on.

The Vafa have basically given up on being an Amateur organisation and left it to the points Cap to sort it out. In my humble opinion an absolute joke having a points cap in an amateur competition. If the integrity of Amateur is maintained then anyone can and should be able to play where the like.

Points as set up will make it virtually impossible for non school aligned clubs to compete. If this is to be the case then all club's should reach out and create links to as many schools as possible, regardless of any connection to gain as many one pointers as possible.

St Pats (Ballarat) North Old Boys - Pls
Assumption (Kilmore) Prahran/Ivanhoe (any others want to get on board) - Pls

Put two clubs side by side, same 10 recruits, club A 10 points, club B 30-40 points. The long and historical relationship between NOBS and or Prahran with two non Melbourne schools enables this.

That is no way a crack at abovmentioned clubs, in fact kudos and well played, but highlights disparity going forward.

To the VAFA I say, be Amateur, and let the boys play!

Last edited:
It's certainly important for all clubs to work hard moving forward Red Ross. However this has been the case in the Ammos for as long as I can remember. Fortunately for us all, most clubs are prepared to do this. For the love of the game indeed.

Could you imagine the "crack" integrity unit from VAFA headquarters.

Did you or are you paying players?
No Sir we did not pay any players direct from club's official bank account.
Our apologies - case closed, nothing see here move on.

The Vafa have basically given up on being an Amateur organisation and left it to the points Cap to sort it out. In my humble opinion an absolute joke having a points cap in an amateur competition. If the integrity of Amateur is maintained then anyone can and should be able to play where the like.

Points as set up will make it virtually impossible for non school aligned clubs to compete. If this is to be the case then all club's should reach out and create links to as many schools as possible, regardless of any connection to gain as many one pointers as possible.

St Pats (Ballarat) North Old Boys - Pls
Assumption (Kilmore) Prahran/Ivanhoe (any others want to get on board) - Pls

Put two clubs side by side, same 10 recruits, club A 10 points, club B 30-40 points. The long and historical relationship between NOBS and or Prahran with two non Melbourne schools enables this.

That is no way a crack at abovmentioned clubs, in fact kudos and well played, but highlights disparity going forward.

To the VAFA I say, be Amateur, and let the boys play!

While I firmly believe that most club are honourable, I am not that naive to think that it has not or is not occurring in some form. However, if sufficient evidence exists in his mind to accuse a club of cheating and even name the amount involved then surely it is good enough to take that claim to the VAFA and produce evidence of this fact so they can investigate. While I agree, it is difficult to prove, it is impossible if they don’t know about it. They have knocked off a few clubs over the years so give them the facts and let them have a go. Seems a better option than anonymously potting a club on this forum.

Not sure that you comment about points and school clubs is completely on the money. While Old boys’ clubs have an advantage in many areas, one school aligned club will have as many as 7 ex AFL players on their books this year. None of them went to the school so the school alignment is irrelevant. What is does suggest is that they got them over the line through networking, contacts and providing attractive job opportunities rather than an emotional attachment to the school or natural progression from school to U19s to senior club. While that club obviously has some decent contacts, I would suggest that they also put a lot of hard work into recruiting, networking etc.

Spot on, I was just trying to make a point that for club's (predominantly in lower divisions) without a school network or u19's the points system is difficult as most players regardless of talent will be 2-3 points. 22x2= 44 not a lot of wriggle room.

Spot on, I was just trying to make a point that for club's (predominantly in lower divisions) without a school network or u19's the points system is difficult as most players regardless of talent will be 2-3 points. 22x2= 44 not a lot of wriggle room.

Yep good point as it is hardly a level playing field. Any fair minded person would agree that a district club, particularly if they have no junior alignment, should be afforded more point’s space. Maybe 40 - 45 for old boys clubs and 50 for a District club that has no direct junior feeder with provision maybe for an extra point here or there on application.

While I understand the intent, it seems ridiculous that a modestly performed battler is worth 3 if he goes to a lower division club that has no option but to recruit from other clubs and leagues.

Boring.
Wanting a name doesn't stop the flow of conversation. Mods don't need to step in. Relax AM. No need to get worked up.
It's very easy to say I know a bloke who got 150 bucks a game. I'm not a big fan of easy.
I encourage flow..name a name. Or for me don't even bother saying it as it didn't happen.
Don't try and censor me AM. The lifeblood of a forum like this is the flow of conversation. I'm just looking for a little more...

Yes 'Donald', you can be boring! So we agree.

That said, I do find your alternative facts and facetiousness quite amusing. So keep it up. It's just that I'm not big on a punter attempting to subdue the opinions of others at the altar of 'the VAFA can do no wrong'.

You aren't a regular at HQ anymore so have a gander at the real world.

Yes 'Donald', you can be boring! So we agree.

That said, I do find your alternative facts and facetiousness quite amusing. So keep it up. It's just that I'm not big on a punter attempting to subdue the opinions of others at the altar of 'the VAFA can do no wrong'.

You aren't a regular at HQ anymore so have a gander at the real world.

I spend as much time now at HQ as I did last year. And all previous years. I love my real world. It's full of opportunities for me and for all.
I hope you can join me one day.
And perhaps we can be as one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great club Ormond, one of the best, some ripper juniors with a couple more possibly arriving in the next month or so.
giphy.gif

Great club Ormond, one of the best, some ripper juniors with a couple more possibly arriving in the next month or so.

It's a little like when Plugger played twos before his comeback game at the Swans. Ormond are not a D1 club. We all love them here. Past legends, Ammo Men, supporters, Bedders and all...

It's a little like when Plugger played twos before his comeback game at the Swans. Ormond are not a D1 club. We all love them here. Past legends, Ammo Men, supporters, Bedders and all...

Your bestie, mentor, life coach et al doesn't feel the love. Perhaps next time you are kneeling at his feet, longing for the next pearl of wisdom to flow from the lips of the reincarnation of JC, you might sneak in a word or two of admiration for a club with such a rich history. As means of going some way to ameliorating his animosity.

Maybe respond in the appropriate thread as some of us are guilty of hijacking this one.

For my part I'm on the cashed-up Two Blues to get the choccies here.

What are the odds, pendlebury_10?

Your bestie, mentor, life coach et al doesn't feel the love. Perhaps next time you are kneeling at his feet, longing for the next pearl of wisdom to flow from the lips of the reincarnation of JC, you might sneak in a word or two of admiration for a club with such a rich history. As means of going some way to ameliorating his animosity.

Maybe respond in the appropriate thread as some of us are guilty of hijacking this one.

For my part I'm on the cashed-up Two Blues to get the choccies here.

What are the odds, pendlebury_10?

I'm not sure what you mean. But there is no animosity between me and Briza. We are both in it for the right reasons.

I'm not sure what you mean. But there is no animosity between me and Briza. We are both in it for the right reasons.
Either you aren't as "smart" as you boasted here sometime back or you are being wilfully shifty.

As the genuinely smart posters would have cottoned on to beasily, my reference was in no way related to Brian.

Either you aren't as "smart" as you boasted here sometime back or you are being wilfully shifty.

As the genuinely smart posters would have cottoned on to beasily, my reference was in no way related to Brian.

The Beasologist my mentor. Oh..that's what you meant. He's not a mentor or life coach.
You are correct...wrong thread...but as you were fishing...he's ok with Ormond. He's ok with all things football. Has a wild streak but also has a three peat. You have to take the bad with the good. Or is it the other way around..
Thanks for bringing him up. Nice to reminisce again.

Given what I have read on the d1. Thread , I think whitefriars need you back .

Given what I have read on the d1. Thread , I think whitefriars need you back .
Honoured as I am to be regarded as being even in the same stratosphere as the most preeminent poster ever to have graced this board, I am as close to being the great man as you have ever been to the Old Geelong Grammarians Football Club or the Parkdale Football Club. More like someone in the St Kevies camp with an agenda.

Honoured as I am to be regarded as being even in the same stratosphere as the most preeminent poster ever to have graced this board, I am as close to being the great man as you have ever been to the Old Geelong Grammarians Football Club or the Parkdale Football Club. More like someone in the St Kevies camp with an agenda.

2nd most preeminent....
IMO.

2nd most preeminent....
IMO.
There’s no doubting that Rooster is doing some fine work. That would be without question the poster to whom you’re referring of course. However, I’m sure Rooster would agree that, as we speak, he falls short of the virtuoso BF performer of whom we speak.

Beneath your bravado I’m confident you are of the same mind. I have a feeling the new Brian be with us on this one too.

Sadly, this conversation must be harrowing for our psuedo OGGS poster.

Back to my point about the cashed-up Two Blues being the team to beat. It also looks like being a long season for the bike track boys if Bedders is on the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back