News Billy Frampton signs with Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

where is billy at based on 2017 SANFL performances? will we see him in the AFL this year?

Sat was the first time I have seen Billy this season and I have to admit I was disappointed, particularly with his ruck work.
He was comfortably beaten at the centre bounce downs ( particularly in the first half ) by the chook's ruckman Craig, who is listed as 5 cm shorter than Billy.

Maybe it was just one ordinary game, but you could see why he hasn't been selected for AFL action yet, and it won't surprise me greatly if we don't see him in a Power jumper before 2018.
At only 20 he should still have plenty of upside though.

Sat was the first time I have seen Billy this season and I have to admit I was disappointed, particularly with his ruck work.
He was comfortably beaten at the centre bounce downs ( particularly in the first half ) by the chook's ruckman Craig, who is listed as 5 cm shorter than Billy.

Maybe it was just one ordinary game, but you could see why he hasn't been selected for AFL action yet, and it won't surprise me greatly if we don't see him in a Power jumper before 2018.
At only 20 he should still have plenty of upside though.

People over here in the west claim he was a star as a kid. Perhaps he was just bigger than everyone else as a kid and now has to adapt to a higher standard.

and yes, big men can take longer to come on. So hopefully in a year or two, we will be rewarded in his development.

thanks

People over here in the west claim he was a star as a kid. Perhaps he was just bigger than everyone else as a kid and now has to adapt to a higher standard.

and yes, big men can take longer to come on. So hopefully in a year or two, we will be rewarded in his development.

thanks

upload_2017-4-25_15-4-19.jpeg

Frampton certainly was nowhere near a "star" draftee. Was never touted much more than what his late draft position indicated and performed reasonably well in colts despite being of very slight frame so I am not sure where you are hearing this being bigger than his opposition as a kid thing.

The bigfooty hype only really started after Lobbe's struggles in the AFL coincided with Billy impressing with a few telling moments of aggression for the Magpies. Looks like he has added some good bulk over the pre-season but is still a fair way off AFL from what I've seen - and is tracking at an acceptable and expected rate.

Who will be at Adelaide airport tomorrow to see which talls get on the plane?

Port Power's unfair advantage revealed - while Gold Coast Suns players will be shoe-horning themselves into tiny economy class seats for their 39 hour trip to Shanghai, the Power's talls will have all the room they need...

thumb-1361222985876-airbus_guppy_2.jpg

Picture: Ray Titus

they leave Wednesday night, not tomorrow night.

Both clubs and officials leave Wednesday night

We're going in 2 waves apparently. Talls on Tuesday and everyone else on Wednesday.

Does this mean Sam Gray and Jonas go on Tuesday and Westhoff on Wednesday?

Port Power's unfair advantage revealed - while Gold Coast Suns players will be shoe-horning themselves into tiny economy class seats for their 39 hour trip to Shanghai, the Power's talls will have all the room they need...

thumb-1361222985876-airbus_guppy_2.jpg

Picture: Ray Titus

Troy Chaplin says Hi!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As pleased with this as I was with Sam. Hasn't played a game and the club have enough faith in him to keep him here for another couple of years. He has to be doing everything right.

I wonder if we are looking post Jacko?

#PlayFrampton

He is so clean overhead and so mobile. Play him as a lead up forward/target man in the middle and give him the occasional spell in ruck.

Quick question:
How different would our win loss and ladder position be if we played Frampton as forward/second ruck this year?
I'm assuming not terribly different, but we'd at least know if he could cut it and be able to manage our list.
We don't learn anything by having players spend 4 years at the magpies and then letting them go.

And it was about time Ah Chee found out how it feels to get a teammate's boot sprigs in the back of your head :D

Quick question:
How different would our win loss and ladder position be if we played Frampton as forward/second ruck this year?
I'm assuming not terribly different, but we'd at least know if he could cut it and be able to manage our list.
We don't learn anything by having players spend 4 years at the magpies and then letting them go.

perhaps it is time to park trengove and give billy a run

Remove this Banner Ad

Back