A thread on politics- have some balls and post

Remove this Banner Ad

I just can't see how drug testing welfare recipients can ever be expected to save more money than it costs to administer.

Further I'm not convinced that there is a significant sub-class of the unemployed about who we could say 'oh he/she would be able to get a job if only they weren't bent' such that this policy will act as a disincentive to use drugs and find employment.

On HTC 2PS6200 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Turning drugs into a morality problem instead of a health one is the issue.

Don't let a century of attempted prohibition and a perpetually failing war on drugs fool you Caiphus. One day it will magically start working. Probably when 65 percent of the population are incarcerated.

Don't let a century of attempted prohibition and a perpetually failing war on drugs fool you Caiphus. One day it will magically start working. Probably when 65 percent of the population are incarcerated.

"Turning" was the wrong turn of phrase considering for large swathes of the public it's never been anything else. I do wish people had a little bit more critical thinking about how they came to believe their ideology.

Budget 2017: Strong wages growth ahead, Treasurer says

Hmm...
C_bRiC3UwAAEh7P.jpg

Hmmmm...

Does it stigmatise them? I get drug tested. Isn't it fairly common in a lot of industries.
Being tested doesn't stigmatise. The reason or perceived message is definitely damaging.
Getting tested at your work says "Look how responsible we are with regard to safety". Testing welfare recipients says "We think you're a scabby junky, wasting everyone's taxes on gear". Everyone is tarred with the same brush and it also sends a message that "Because we pay you, we own you". It's wrong on every level.

I do wonder if the whole drug test policy is a red herring anyway. Very doubtful of getting through, but is has captured a lot of people's attention and energy.
When I built extensions on the home, I was told by an inspector we knew, to leave a couple faults. Builders do this for certain building inspectors because those inspectors aren't happy until they find something wrong. If you've done things right, they get very picky. So leave something obvious for them to find and easy for you to fix, and they're happy.
Is this the government's obvious fault, where so much attention and emotion is spent on it, other things are slipping through to the keeper? It is also part of the 'bank tax' that the cynical hope will be that a lot of people think the government is finally sticking it to the bastards an as long as they're stinging them, we probably don't need a Royal Commission after all.
This government has so much form, that anything that looks good on the surface, is sure to have a catch or ulterior motive.

I do wonder if the whole drug test policy is a red herring anyway. Very doubtful of getting through, but is has captured a lot of people's attention and energy.
When I built extensions on the home, I was told by an inspector we knew, to leave a couple faults. Builders do this for certain building inspectors because those inspectors aren't happy until they find something wrong. If you've done things right, they get very picky. So leave something obvious for them to find and easy for you to fix, and they're happy.
Is this the government's obvious fault, where so much attention and emotion is spent on it, other things are slipping through to the keeper? It is also part of the 'bank tax' that the cynical hope will be that a lot of people think the government is finally sticking it to the bastards an as long as they're stinging them, we probably don't need a Royal Commission after all.
This government has so much form, that anything that looks good on the surface, is sure to have a catch or ulterior motive.

I'm reporting you

Until he's been dragged by his balls out of the Oval Office I ain't believing anything that's coming out.

It seems to be a new scandal everyday and the last 10000000 scandals didn't do squat. TBH I'm quite over hearing about Donny I know he's easy pickings for the media but it's getting awfully boring turning on the TV and that's all ya hear about

lol McMaster comes out and refutes something totally different to what the Washington Post has actually alleged, then runs away before he could get called on it.

This administration is pathetic.

It's taken you this long to figure it out??

I am joking but seriously. A reality star is president. Sometimes I wonder if I've actually gone crazy

Until he's been dragged by his balls out of the Oval Office I ain't believing anything that's coming out.

It seems to be a new scandal everyday and the last 10000000 scandals didn't do squat. TBH I'm quite over hearing about Donny I know he's easy pickings for the media but it's getting awfully boring turning on the TV and that's all ya hear about

This is exactly the reaction the Trump admin strategy has been trying to elicit.

They keep lowering the bar and crying "fake news" when called on it, knowing that eventually people will get fatigued by the whole thing and stop paying attention. Now the general public is just waving s**t through on a daily basis that they would have wanted Clinton executed as a traitor for 12 months ago.

* that.

This is exactly the reaction the Trump admin strategy has been trying to elicit.

They keep lowering the bar and crying "fake news" when called on it, knowing that eventually people will get fatigued by the whole thing and stop paying attention.

**** that.
That's a good point big dog, it just gets so hard to care. At the end of the day unless Donny starts hittin then nuke buttons were never gonna really be directly effected by anything they do over there.

I love our little island nation, it's a pain in the ass for travel but at least we don't have any major threats on our doorstep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a good point big dog, it just gets so hard to care. At the end of the day unless Donny starts hittin then nuke buttons were never gonna really be directly effected by anything they do over there.

I love our little island nation, it's a pain in the ass for travel but at least we don't have any major threats on our doorstep
Norh Korea have already swivelled as gun turret to our direction and China isn't thrilled with our support of the yanks who are following them very closely in southern waters.
With our Government continuing to pander to the US, anyone this clown pisses of can affect us. What's that? Afghanistan needs some new cannon fodder? When the Trumpster is crossing the line with the Russians, it has the potential to affect the globe.

Yeah, I am divided on this.

I am hopeful it means that asange is safe from extradition to the US. I don't like the man, I think he has no moral compass and exerts no editorial discretion. I see WikiLeaks as an indiscriminate pipe line of leaks which can be used to legitimise bull s**t as easily as it can be to provide legitimate whistle blowers a means of getting information out, rather than a news organisation. But on balance I don't think Assange has likely done anything which warrants a US prosecution, and the Manning info was absolutely in the public interest.

On the other hand, he was being investigated for a sexual assault, and those matters should be investigated fully and without favour and tried on the charges that flow if they do.

Chelsea Manning got out this week, I am happier about that than any impending change in Julian's living arrangements.

Yeah I'm leaning that way.

I like the principles of Wikileaks but he's personally all about Julian.
He stands up there on his little platform like he thinks he is a god. And standing up for something great. When he is just a little man.
I honestly cant believe that he still gets so much media attention.

Yeah, originally I thought Assange was what Uncle Ben was talking about, but now he seems to be what Lord Acton was talking about.

Don't listen/watch much if any MSM news but I just heard Trump on an SEN news bulletin speaking about the tragedy in Manchester saying that the people that commit these terrorist atrocities will from now on be called "losers", he sounded like a school boy name calling. I gave up following politics closely over 20 years ago but Trump is a worry. I have heard a bit of him for the laughs but when you put it all together it really isn't a laughing matter. The USA went straight from the dashed faith in "hope and change" Obama to this clown.

How the hell did the world come to this, the leader of the free world is a dubiously credentialed billionaire business man/reality TV personality buffoon. A sad frightening indictment on western society. The USA has been successfully dumbed down.

Don't listen/watch much if any MSM news but I just heard Trump on an SEN news bulletin speaking about the tragedy in Manchester saying that the people that commit these terrorist atrocities will from now on be called "losers", he sounded like a school boy name calling. I gave up following politics closely over 20 years ago but Trump is a worry. I have heard a bit of him for the laughs but when you put it all together it really isn't a laughing matter. The USA went straight from the dashed faith in "hope and change" Obama to this clown.

How the hell did the world come to this, the leader of the free world is a dubiously credentialed billionaire business man/reality TV personality buffoon. A sad frightening indictment on western society. The USA has been successfully dumbed down.

Dodongo thinks you shouldn't underestimate Trump. Dodongo can see Donald bring peace between the Israelis and Palestinians and if he does that, then what else can he do?

Dodongo thinks you shouldn't underestimate Trump. Dodongo can see Donald bring peace between the Israelis and Palestinians and if he does that, then what else can he do?
As I said I don't follow politics at all except for passing noise in the background of my life. I hope I am wrong on this bloke being the Bozo the clown of politics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back