Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
A mouse broke into my pc and pissed on my R9 380 and it's kaput, so I'm after an equivalent. I live in wheat country and mice are a problem. Unfortunately for the mouse, he suffered the same fate as the board but at least he had an enjoyable ride when I flushed him. I don't need anything better than that so similar would be fine. Are the new models better at the same (now) price range or should I just get another 380? I don't do gaming or high end graphics but use it as a htpc with a 40" 4k monitor as well as a normal computer. The onboard graphics almost cuts it but not quite.

Ta mate, I only got the 380 to balance the rest of the computer when I built it last year. I'll take a look at some of the Rx models :)

A mouse broke into my pc and pissed on my R9 380 and it's kaput, so I'm after an equivalent. I live in wheat country and mice are a problem. Unfortunately for the mouse, he suffered the same fate as the board but at least he had an enjoyable ride when I flushed him. I don't need anything better than that so similar would be fine. Are the new models better at the same (now) price range or should I just get another 380? I don't do gaming or high end graphics but use it as a htpc with a 40" 4k monitor as well as a normal computer. The onboard graphics almost cuts it but not quite.
You should be able to find R9 380's on eBay for around $170. R9 280x's for under $150.

Up until 8 months ago I was gaming on a R9 280x at 2560x1440p resolution so if you're not gaming it was surpass your needs tenfold.

A current RX 580 can be had for as low as $339 brand new & without looking at benchmarks I'd expect around 25% performance increase over your dead 380.

You should be able to find R9 380's on eBay for around $170. R9 280x's for under $150.

Up until 8 months ago I was gaming on a R9 280x at 2560x1440p resolution so if you're not gaming it was surpass your needs tenfold.

A current RX 580 can be had for as low as $339 brand new & without looking at benchmarks I'd expect around 25% performance increase over your dead 380.
Thanks! Yeah I'm weighing up whether to go down the same path or just admit that it's overkill. I'd only be wanting to spend around the $200 mark which counts out the 580.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back