Scores and rankings 2017 Rankings

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Gday guys, feel free to post your ranking for the year here.

This thread can be used as a guide for Official Bigfooty leagues for next year

I've also noticed that the Lobby section is playing up and doesn't show your ranking for R23, you will have to manually look through the rankings to find where you finished or use the team history section to do so

Screenshot_2017-08-27-20-23-49.png

172nd, not bad

260 in the end which I'm reasonably happy with; certainly a big improvement from the start of the season!

Also ended up winning the Port Board league. :)

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 20.04.38.png

9th :)

Held onto top 10 despite Hodges and Robertons best efforts!

Congrats to all above, great rankings all round.

668th :(.

Year got worse and worse after round 6 or so, alot of bad luck and some bad trades (Sloane looking at you!!!), but guess thats DT for you!
He came good for finals though. I learnt last year, never ever pay absolute top dollar for anyone. The will eventually drop in price. It's simply not possible to continue to score 140-150. Just have to wait it out.

He came good for finals though. I learnt last year, never ever pay absolute top dollar for anyone. The will eventually drop in price. It's simply not possible to continue to score 140-150. Just have to wait it out.
While I subscribe to this theory too, it took ******* forever for Zerrett and a few others to plummet

Waiting 2 months or so for a top target to fall while your cash cows moo is what we aim for, but this year it wasn't possible with a few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got as high as 63rd but dropped to 853 after a disastrous round 11. Fought my way back to 87 after round 21 and finally finished at 93. Was in the GF of all my leagues but only won 2 of them.

679, which I'm happy with as it's been my best in the past 4 years.

It's tough deciding when that is. I thought top dollar for Taytay was his opening price, and I was wrong and ended up buying him near to max. The other thing is deciding when to chas a score - which I should have done with Murphy.

a disgraceful 2,988th :thumbsdown: (and that's after finishing top500 last year)

i somehow managed to go through the season without a single onfield donut too, which just goes to show how bad i really was

took forever to buy Docherty, Mitchell, Merrett, Laird, Macrae + held onto Shaw for entire season...

original starting squad clearly not good enough, and was too slow building my team (saving trades)

It's interesting to note that so many coaches were saying at the start of the year that they "wanted to have plenty of POD players in their squad". The main reason why they were PODs in the first place is that the majority of people felt they were either poor choices or did not represent good value. I would suggest that most of those teams did not perform overly well.
My only POD at the start of the year was Llyod (although he did not remain a POD for very long). Other than he, the remainder of my squad was made up of universally popular picks. Again, I say, there is also a reason that they were popular picks.
It was then only due to selective trading throughout the year as to why I finished in the top 100.
As mentioned earlier, it is not a good strategy to be buying players when they are at their peak. I refused to do so and waited for the opportunity to get most of my premiums after they had dropped substantially due to either a minor form slump or an early game injury.
Next year will be extremely difficult imo as there will nowhere near as many Murphys, Beams or similar mid price bargain types available.

It's interesting to note that so many coaches were saying at the start of the year that they "wanted to have plenty of POD players in their squad". The main reason why they were PODs in the first place is that the majority of people felt they were either poor choices or did not represent good value. I would suggest that most of those teams did not perform overly well.
My only POD at the start of the year was Llyod (although he did not remain a POD for very long). Other than he, the remainder of my squad was made up of universally popular picks. Again, I say, there is also a reason that they were popular picks.
It was then only due to selective trading throughout the year as to why I finished in the top 100.
As mentioned earlier, it is not a good strategy to be buying players when they are at their peak. I refused to do so and waited for the opportunity to get most of my premiums after they had dropped substantially due to either a minor form slump or an early game injury.
Next year will be extremely difficult imo as there will nowhere near as many Murphys, Beams or similar mid price bargain types available.

My pods at the start served me well, probably why i had a good first few rounds.

Lloyd, Pendles, Zerret, Bont + (Steele to some degree was), all under 8% ownership.

He was under 4% at the start i believe....was an absolute gem of a POD.

Guess ppl doubted him with returning bombers players....i thought otherwise, so started, was one of my small wins this year....shame i didn't have too many lol :(.
That was exactly why I didn't have him to start. I thought lots of returning mids might have diminished his role. Would have picked him as a forward though...

That was exactly why I didn't have him to start. I thought lots of returning mids might have diminished his role. Would have picked him as a forward though...
That was also my reasoning in not starting him. It took me a while to bring him in. He had the 78 in rd 15 and I brought him in 2 two weeks later @ 84K less than his starting price. Down side was that he did nothing in the next 4 weeks.

I was interested to note that the team who was leading RDT right up until the last round DID NOT have Dangerfield in his squad. No wonder he lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back