Song Contest Part VII, Host: Sepp Blatter, Theme: Ashes, Noms Due: Sunday 7:00pm ACDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't learn anything other than you're even more pretentious than I gave you credit for.
That's a shame petal - maybe a book will help. Take it one word at a time.

That's a shame petal - maybe a book will help. Take it one word at a time.

I actually agreed with you but the theme criteria was set out at the start. You could of made your point then but you waited just so you could pick holes in the playlist. You found 2 out of 26. Good for you.

#winning

I actually agreed with you but the theme criteria was set out at the start. You could of made your point then but you waited just so you could pick holes in the playlist. You found 2 out of 26. Good for you.

#winning
Or, I saw the thread title and being the optimist that I am, assumed that everyone would know what alliteration is. But that wouldn't fit with your "Ula's an antagonist" perception. Some rabid flogs love to jump up and down whenever I make the occasional comment about a song not fitting the theme as if it's some sort of offence to do so. I'm sure you would have said "I agree with Ula" if you'd been on line at the time wouldn't ya?

Or, I saw the thread title and being the optimist that I am, assumed that everyone would know what alliteration is. But that wouldn't fit with your "Ula's an antagonist" perception. Some rabid flogs love to jump up and down whenever I make the occasional comment about a song not fitting the theme as if it's some sort of offence to do so. I'm sure you would have said "I agree with Ula" if you'd been on line at the time wouldn't ya?

I don't care enough.

Assonance is sounds, Alliteration is letters.
The definition of alliteration has probably changed enough to allow both sounds and letters, although it was originally just letters.

http://grammarist.com/usage/alliteration-vs-assonance/

Alliteration: words starting with the same phonetic sound and these words placed in a row or close together.

Assonance:
repetitive sounds in words, specifically vowels, which happen at any point in the word.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back