Games & Recreation BigFooty Death List Game 2024 - May Deaths Be Forever In Your Favour (Host @ClarkeM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the BigFooty Death List Game where 50+ of BigFooty's sickest posters come together annually to predict the celebrity deaths in the year ahead. The game is open to all so if you'd like to play for the first time, please read and follow the rules below.

The rules are simple but in short, you need to come up with 20 celebrities in a list format and PM them to the host of the game. You will score points for each person you nominate who dies in the year of the game. Don't be silly and post your list publically as others may steal all your brilliant choices. The host has the final say on all contentious matters as they see fit.

Each list of 20 people must be submitted by no later than 11.59pm AEDT on December 31st, 2023.

Death List 2024 Rules

Rule I: The game starts on January 1st 2024* and ends on December 31st 2024*. Deaths may occur closely before or after these dates and will only count IF the date on their respective Wikipedia page is within the year of the game. As an example, Betty White died Jan 1st, 2022 Australian Time, however, is credited as dying December 31st 2021 on her Wikipedia Page. Therefore, points will count for 2021's game and not 2022's game.

Rule II: Each player picks up to 20 "Celebrities" (and 1 Sub should Rule IV be in play). This list can be modified prior to the deadline however as a courtesy, please inform the host should you wish to make amendments.

Rule III: A player receives 1 point for each year short of 100 of the celebrity's age at the time of death. E.g. Queen Elizabeth died aged 96, therefore 4 points to those who selected her.

Rule IV (The Betty White Stipulation): For those contestants who submit their picks early and their celeb buys the farm between list lodgement and before deadline, no points for you! I will, however, allow a contingency sub to be nominated so long as that has been lodged prior to Jan 1st and is a valid selection. No Sub nominated, no Sub given. See Rule V for clarification on Sub.

Rule V (The Queen Elizabeth I rule): The player is responsible for their picks actually being alive before the game starts. Any celeb picked who is already dead is a voided pick, with no substitutions allowed (substitutions will not count for names already dead - only names who die between list lodgement and the list deadline).

Rule VI (The Final Breath Rule): All deaths are valid deaths with one major exception: scheduled executions of Death Row Inmates. While the Death Row inmates are eligible themselves, no points are awarded if they die by scheduled execution. They will count if the inmate dies by other means. Methods of eligible death include Murder, Suicide, Euthanasia etc.

Rule VII (The Red Dog Rule): Homo-sapiens only. No animals or fictional characters are eligible.

Rule VIII (The Random Sociopath Rule): Technically, murder is allowed in this game, so if you feel the need to take out Darren Lyons to garner points, feel free.

Rule IX (The Kanye West Proviso): There needs to be objective evidence or reasonable assurance that the person is actually dead.

Rule X (The Dumbass Regulation): A player will only get credit for one pick if they pick the same celebrity twice.

Rule XI (The Wikipedia Rule): To be qualified as a legitimate nomination, each pick must have their own Wikipedia page that was started earlier than the two years prior to the start of this game. As an example, a Wikipedia page started January 6th, 2022 would not be eligible for the 2024 game however a page started December 17th, 2021 would be eligible. Any picks that don't comply with this rule will be void. Players are responsible for their own lists.

Rule XII (The Adam Scott Rule): To ensure clarity regarding the spelling of names and confusion with shared identities (and in an effort to ease the workload collating the list data), this rule now requires all players to provide hyperlinks of the Wikipedia Page when nominating their list. Should a user ignore this rule, whenever a proposed celebrity shares the name of one or more other celebrities, and no clarification is made, I as host will decide which of them is in play. Be a trooper and send the links please! When submitting your list, please use the BigFooty provided "ordered list" in the toolbar above the textbox to help you keep track of 20 nominations.

Rule XIII (The Kanye West Disclaimer): To ensure the final list updates properly, please preference the name of the person you're nominating as per their Wikipedia header. As an example, Kanye West is listed as "Kanye West". Please avoid nominating "Ye", "Kanye Omari West" or any other variation of their name.

Here's an example nomination:
Player Name: ClarkeM
  1. Donald Trump
  2. Hillary Clinton
  3. Adam Scott
  4. Adam Scott
  5. Donald Trump Jr.
  6. Eminem
    ... etc.

Remember to PM me your lists before 11.59pm AEDT on December 31st 2023 with Wikipedia Links preferably hyperlinked.

All lists will be made public from January 1st 2024.

The game will conclude at 11:59pm January 2nd, 2025 to account for any late minute 2024 deaths.

* Just like how we view age from the date of the location of birth, we consider death at the date and time of the location of death. Thus, someone may pass away January 1st Australian time, which may be December 31st in the location that they pass away in.

Good luck. May the odds be ever in your favour.

Last edited:
Wall of Fame
Last edited:

Same.

Probably next week, I am actually pretty busy today, even with no kids!

I have 5 days off between now and Christmas - I'll hopefully find some time in that, but crazy at this time of year working in a retail setting

question for the death group regarding the wiki rule. If a person you are potentially looking at doesn't have a personal wiki but under their family name they actually have section dedicated to them. an example could be the kardashains , where under the family name all the siblings are listed in there rather than having a specific page for them. would we allow this or are we saying it has to be a dedicated wiki page?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

question for the death group regarding the wiki rule. If a person you are potentially looking at doesn't have a personal wiki but under their family name they actually have section dedicated to them. an example could be the kardashains , where under the family name all the siblings are listed in there rather than having a specific page for them. would we allow this or are we saying it has to be a dedicated wiki page?
Following. I have one of these ...

I really dont take this thing seriously.

If I make a "wish list" will my list be published in full and I am more than happy to just not get any points. (if by some miracle they do die)

Several of my wish lists wont have wikis and I just want them on my list. Thats all.

i look at the edit history as it has dates in there

I've done that, just really slow on the phone as it only shows 50 edits per page - might be a task for the computer if there's someone potentially borderline

Did she die yesterday?

There is grey area here because the answer is both Yes and No. It depends on the example. I would encourage you to PM me (but don't title the PM as "Death List" as I won't view that until I've settled on my own list which might be late December).

Your example, Kardashian Family, this Wiki page refers to the wider family so this would be a NO (however we all know every Kardashian has their own page).

They must have a personal wiki under their name/alias or, if necessary, a page dedicated to them specifically in the title. As an example of a fair nomination:
Ronnie and Donnie Galyon - Wikipedia - I had this pick a few years back and it's fine as the page is under their name.
Bonnie and Clyde - Wikipedia - If they were alive, this would also be fine as the page is once again in their name.

And this is an example of a nomination which does not count:
"Kasim Khan" per Family of Imran Khan - Wikipedia
- Kasim doesn't have a dedicated page and thus, not eligible.

I think at the end of the day, any curly ones can be sent straight to me for a decision.

The Wiki rule has never been perfect but it has to exist with some level of grey area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back