Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I was looking at LTC and ETH back in April/May when I first got into cryptos but didn't get in as I didn't think the would be a heap of growth in the shorter term :rolleyes::$

Hey guys,

I signed up to BTC Markets.

I have little experience with crypto currencies but I want to invest in XRP but don't know how?? Anyone kind enough to give me some pointers??

Also, if I say invested $200AUD to begin with is that even worth it?

Cheers :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys,

I signed up to BTC Markets.

I have little experience with crypto currencies but I want to invest in XRP but don't know how?? Anyone kind enough to give me some pointers??

Also, if I say invested $200AUD to begin with is that even worth it?

Cheers :thumbsu:
Deposit some money (via BPAY to avoid fees), wait a few days for it to process, go to the Buy/Sell page, choose XRP/AUD in drop down, enter in how much you want to buy (either at a nominated price or whatever the market price is, you choose) then submit order.

$200 is fine. $20 or $2000 is fine. It’s whatever you’re willing/comfortable with to risk losing if things go pear shaped. It doesn’t matter what the price of the coin is worth when you buy in, it’s about the relative percentage difference when you sell it.

Deposit some money (via BPAY to avoid fees), wait a few days for it to process, go to the Buy/Sell page, choose XRP/AUD in drop down, enter in how much you want to buy (either at a nominated price or whatever the market price is, you choose) then submit order.

$200 is fine. $20 or $2000 is fine. It’s whatever you’re willing/comfortable with to risk losing if things go pear shaped. It doesn’t matter what the price of the coin is worth when you buy in, it’s about the relative percentage difference when you sell it.

If you want the money quicker you can do POLi transfer. Fee is only $3.30 and it clears for me in 5-10 minutes.

Can you deposit with a credit card on BTC markets?
Unfortunately not!

I'm in on Verge today.

The biggest risk to cryptos in Government crackdowns and regulations imo, which could reduce mainstream adoption.
Therefore, the private coins like these are a good bet.
On the other hand, IF Governments do crackdown, which are they likely to target first? Possibly the private coins.
There's also a school of thought that says once there are Government crackdowns/regulations, then people feel safer and cryptos become more mainstream adopted.

So many trade offs that could tip it either way.

The biggest risk to cryptos in Government crackdowns and regulations imo, which could reduce mainstream adoption.
On the other hand, IF Governments do crackdown, which are they likely to target first? Possibly the private coins.
There's also a school of thought that says once there are Government crackdowns/regulations, then people feel safer and cryptos become more mainstream adopted.

True - the whole thing is still up in the air in many ways. I think (hope) in the short term Verge could make some very nice gains.

I'm in on Verge today.

Yeah its the same thoughts I had, especially about Monero. I've had it on my wishlist, will be going in soon.

Verge is 87 satoshis if I'm reading it correct. It used to float between 100-150. Decent price to enter

Last edited:
I'm in on Verge today.

Verge is a good buy. Seen a lot of buzz about it recently. My whole position is invested though bar $200 so I might chuck some on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On BTC Markets website for BPAY it says $500 minimum, can I transfer less than that?? e.g $200?

Has anyone else here using BTC Markets & BPAY had any dramas??

Cheers

People thought that they’d crack down on Uber, so it’s not a certainty. The upside of crypto is that people are becoming optimistic and spending. The more that comes out of savings to convert, the more that is spent and this is good for economies.

What govts will want is (1) a slice of the action in taxation and (2) the ability to still catch criminal transactions (difficult).

These things will drive policy, but it will take 6-12 months for anything real to happen and it will be aimed at controlling rather than squashing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back