Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Big props for actually spending your BTC regardless. Widespread adoption is what will actually drive the crypto market. Not sure what you mean by saying you didn't invest ?? If you own Bitcoin, you have invested !!

It's been a really weird experience for me, this whole Bitcoin adventure. I've been using a merchant in Europe to buy stuff from for many years. He stopped taking payments in PayPal and demanded bitcoins or bank wire only. This was over a year ago, maybe two, so despite knowing absolutely nothing about cryptocurrencies I was forced to do some research and open a wallet with Coinjar.

Everything was fine at first - I'd put a $100 of cash in and buy the equivalent amount of goods in bitcoins. Then it started getting weird - I'd be depositing $100 in by Bpay and a couple of days later my money had doubled, making my purchases essentially free. I was buying far more stuff than I actually needed, because it didn't cost me any money. Strange times.

Now I'm annoyed because the $100 I put in last week is only worth $50, or $60 today.

For people who just want to use BTC to buy goods we'd prefer it if the price is stable. Imagine if you went on holiday to the States and bought $100US in travellers cheques only to find that they were worth $50 when you got off the plane!

I saw you buying like mad around 48, good luck

I never bought at 48, hell it never got to 48. I am talking USD BTW. Most it ever got to was 45. Most I ever bought was 36 USD. First time I bought, 22 or so, bought again high 20's, again early 30's again 36, and this morning 21.

B/E = 30.

Everyone feeling rich today with all the green but still down badly overall, yeah crypto yeeeeeah :rolleyes:

Why the * do you even bother dude?

There are plenty others who bought cheap and sold high. You aren't alone. What makes you think you are so special? Forgetting all about that, why do you feel the need to gloat about your success and then hope for others to fail? Wouldn't you feel better knowing that everyone in this thread was doing well? Are you that bitter as a person. Does this truly represent your character in RL?

Man, if it does, you epitomise what we would expect of a utensil head.

I couldn't care if I get banned either..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

I never bought at 48, hell it never got to 48. I am talking USD BTW. Most it ever got to was 45. Most I ever bought was 36 USD. First time I bought, 22 or so, bought again high 20's, again early 30's again 36, and this morning 21.

B/E = 30.

I most certainly saw it at 48 on coinspot

Why the fu<k do you even bother dude?

There are plenty others who bought cheap and sold high. You aren't alone. What makes you think you are so special? Forgetting all about that, why do you feel the need to gloat about your success and then hope for others to fail? Wouldn't you feel better knowing that everyone in this thread was doing well? Are you that bitter as a person. Does this truly represent your character in RL?

Man, if it does, you epitomise what we would expect of a co<k head.

I couldn't care if I get banned either..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a stranger thing and you're giving me strength

It's been a really weird experience for me, this whole Bitcoin adventure. I've been using a merchant in Europe to buy stuff from for many years. He stopped taking payments in PayPal and demanded bitcoins or bank wire only. This was over a year ago, maybe two, so despite knowing absolutely nothing about cryptocurrencies I was forced to do some research and open a wallet with Coinjar.

Everything was fine at first - I'd put a $100 of cash in and buy the equivalent amount of goods in bitcoins. Then it started getting weird - I'd be depositing $100 in by Bpay and a couple of days later my money had doubled, making my purchases essentially free. I was buying far more stuff than I actually needed, because it didn't cost me any money. Strange times.

Now I'm annoyed because the $100 I put in last week is only worth $50, or $60 today.

For people who just want to use BTC to buy goods we'd prefer it if the price is stable. Imagine if you went on holiday to the States and bought $100US in travellers cheques only to find that they were worth $50 when you got off the plane!
This is the biggest problem ATM. If you need to automatically convert to fiat to avoid the volatility, it can't really be a useful currency to the masses. And with crypto value quite often based of fanbois' emotions and market manipulators, it's not a great investment yet, more a gamble, which most people seem OK with. Will be an interesting market to watch over coming years. Any chance anyone develops new tech which supersedes crypto before it becomes mainstream?

Which is why a coin with a huge circulation will soon be in massive demand. Enter Ripple or possibly Tron, the next few months will decide Trons future, fascinating stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just out of curiosity, if you're buying in US dollars are you paying conversion fees from AUD > USD when you buy coins?

No, I buy ETH using AUD at Independent Reserve, then send the ETH to an exchange. Then do the reverse to cash it out. So it's in using AUD, out using AUD.

Litecoin May be the way to go just released Lite-Pay in partnership with Visa ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
litecoin seems to have the characteristics more suited to being a genuine alt-currency than bitcoin does.

Slow transaction times seems to me to be a real problem for BTC

From a technical perspective yesterday was very bullish. An up candle on very high volume is a very good indicator but there is not much follow through today. BTC looks like it might trade in the 6000 - 8000 range for a while.

I would suggest it was bullish because of the Senate news from the US overnight. A once off bump up. Now sideways and slightly down I reckons, for a bit. Till we break upwards and MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNN!!!!!!!!!!

Found this on Cobinhood's facebook page...

Rammy Salih · 3:38 In australia all the banks are blocking Fiat deposits which is making it near impossible to deposit more fiat to invest. i need to know when AUD will be supported and how COB is overcome the bullying tactic by the worlds banks

Kyle Bowen · 8:27 Sorry Rammy. I use coinjar to deposit through blueshyft. I dont deposit from my bank

Found this on Cobinhood's facebook page...

Rammy Salih · 3:38 In australia all the banks are blocking Fiat deposits which is making it near impossible to deposit more fiat to invest. i need to know when AUD will be supported and how COB is overcome the bullying tactic by the worlds banks

Kyle Bowen · 8:27 Sorry Rammy. I use coinjar to deposit through blueshyft. I dont deposit from my bank

I have seen no evidence of the banks blocking fiat deposits in Aus.

Anyone on binance last 10 mins, can’t even load it on chrome .

Edit - just saw newsfeed saying it’s down for 12 hours due to system upgrade. Wow, hope it’s just that.

Anyone know what this is referring to on Coinspot? Same msg for TRX

Notice

Due to a trading halt on international markets, ICX will have Buy disabled for up to 12 hours.
We apologise for the inconvenience and we will will re-enable these as soon as possible.

Anyone on binance last 10 mins, can’t even load it on chrome .

Edit - just saw newsfeed saying it’s down for 12 hours due to system upgrade. Wow, hope it’s just that.

Thanks for the info, I was just about to ask wtf was going on with binance. I was just trying to use it, but withdrawals & deposits were suspended for all tokens.

So I headed over to Cobinhood instead, and used their exchange for the first time. They have a reasonable selection of coins on there now, including BAT and TRON (which many people in this thread seem to be obsessed with). Although they still have a long way to go, as they dont even support Monero, Neo or Lisk yet. They have a voting system that allows COB holders to vote on what coin they want added to the exchange next. Cobinhood's layout is different from all the other big exchanges, but it's actually simpler and easier to navigate once you're accustomed to it. There's no trading fee but make no mistake, they still take their cut when you try to withdraw your tokens.

Anyone know what this is referring to on Coinspot? Same msg for TRX

Notice

Due to a trading halt on international markets, ICX will have Buy disabled for up to 12 hours.
We apologise for the inconvenience and we will will re-enable these as soon as possible.

Coinspot is a broker. so they may buy and trade their coins through an exchange that is down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back