Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Dodges and Hobart could at least be competitive.

I reckon they will be, Sorell might be a surprise this year with some players they managed to pick up.

Brighton going to struggle massively, sadly for them.

Huonville Lions I would hope would be competitive as well.

Round 3 Press Conference.

Takes nearly seven minutes for someone to sit down?

8th minute mark is when they start talking.
From an outsiders prospective I want to know what players have been brought into the clubs and what they will add to the club, I also want to know what the coach is expecting in the three phases of the season, primary, middle and finals.

Takes nearly seven minutes for someone to sit down?

8th minute mark is when they start talking.
From an outsiders prospective I want to know what players have been brought into the clubs and what they will add to the club, I also want to know what the coach is expecting in the three phases of the season, primary, middle and finals.

Press conferences always seem to have a few delays for some reason, hopefully they get ironed out.

It would be good for clubs to have a list of comings and goings, I have the clearances but that doesn't tell you who has retired though.

Press conferences always seem to have a few delays for some reason, hopefully they get ironed out.

It would be good for clubs to have a list of comings and goings, I have the clearances but that doesn't tell you who has retired though.

Maj buddy, it's fumbler.
I know you work hard mate, busiest bloke I've known.

I like keeping an eye on the Tasmanian footy and it shits me when I have to go through five websites to find something.
The Tasmanian leagues would of been better off just staying the way they were and not allowing the AFL to force it's ownership onto them.

Good luck Maj, you're killing it mate. :thumbsu:

Maj buddy, it's fumbler.
I know you work hard mate, busiest bloke I've known.

I like keeping an eye on the Tasmanian footy and it shits me when I have to go through five websites to find something.
The Tasmanian leagues would of been better off just staying the way they were and not allowing the AFL to force it's ownership onto them.

Good luck Maj, you're killing it mate. :thumbsu:

Hope you've been well, fumbler. :)

Yeah it annoys me as well, I am hoping we can work on getting the site easier and get more info out there, I was updating the medals on the site but then ran into a snag where you couldn't add many awards to the page. Which was annoying so I may have to do something else there.

Thanks been doing a lot of work, and trying to help take some pressure off of Tony who does a lot for the SFL, I don't know how he does all that he does for both the SFL and STJFL but the man's a machine.

I am doing work for the Derwent Valley Gazette for awhile, hopefully leads to more paid work, as I want to upgrade my equipment, my camera is a bit outdated but still does the work. :)

Off those previous 3 weeks, Huonville beating Cygnet with that much ease has suprised me the most. Sorell also seem competitive. Good competition this year. Claremont are now the bench setters I would imagine after toppling the farne. Could be a tussle for 2nd with Huonville, Lindisfarne and I'm going to throw Hobart in the mix. It will be interesting what NN will be able to come up with...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some big matches this weekend.
Hobart and Claremont at the TCA is fourth versus top but Hobart have a huge number of players out including league leading goalkicker, Sam Reeves, playing assistant coach Charlton, Mark Cripps etc.
If Hobart gets within five goals it'll be a surprise I think.
Dodges host New Norfolk at Dodges, home side fell away in the last quarter last week at Kermandie but are a hard side to beat down there.
New Norfolk have been very competitive all season despite sitting in the lower reaches of the ladder and only went down by three points to Hobart last week. Could go either way, maybe Dodges Ferry just at home.
Huonville Lions should win pretty easily over Sorell at Huonville and in the night game at Pontville, Lindisfarne should smash bottom-placed Brighton. Cygnet have the week's break.

Some big matches this weekend.
Hobart and Claremont at the TCA is fourth versus top but Hobart have a huge number of players out including league leading goalkicker, Sam Reeves, playing assistant coach Charlton, Mark Cripps etc.
If Hobart gets within five goals it'll be a surprise I think.
Dodges host New Norfolk at Dodges, home side fell away in the last quarter last week at Kermandie but are a hard side to beat down there.
New Norfolk have been very competitive all season despite sitting in the lower reaches of the ladder and only went down by three points to Hobart last week. Could go either way, maybe Dodges Ferry just at home.
Huonville Lions should win pretty easily over Sorell at Huonville and in the night game at Pontville, Lindisfarne should smash bottom-placed Brighton. Cygnet have the week's break.

Hobart would do well to stop Bowden and with Clayton back in the side as well it's going to be tough I reckon. The Tigers were impressive against the Eagles, I thought they should have been in front most of the day the way they worked hard against the Eagles. They just didn't get a lot of return for their dominance early

I am interested to see how the Eagles go against Dodges, they have gotten Josh Farrow back but Dodges last year down there almost stole a win against Lindisfarne. Should be an interesting contest though, would be the match of the round.

Brighton will do well to be in it after the first quarter the way they have been going, unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back