Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
1951-Clarence-FC-Rex-Geard-Jack-Bennett-Mike-Clennett-V-Sandy-Bay-768x554.jpg

1951 Photo Linked from Clarence Football Club website great original Jumpers pity both sides went for the VFL South Melbourne North Melbourne Knock offs.
L-R: Rex Geard (SB), Jack Bennett (Clar), Mike Clennett (SB)

Some big boys their:)

I wonder if that Mike Clennett was John Clennett's father? JC was an amazing athlete, played for SB & Melbourne but was cruelled by injury.

Some big boys their:)

I wonder if that Mike Clennett was John Clennett's father? JC was an amazing athlete, played for SB & Melbourne but was cruelled by injury.

When John Clennett (The Fork In the Road) returned to Sand Bay in 1975? I remember Melbourne wanted $10 000 transfer fee (Which at the time was a hell of a lot of Money.) I think he was eventual forced to retire in about 1977/78. I remember a book in the mid 70's 200 greatest marks??? and hanger of JC appeared in it.

Back to Jumpers the New Town circa 1929 was different, pity they did not keep it for District Comp after the war Photo link from http://pathartnett.net.au/ Great website the New Town side in 1948 Black Jumper with a white V , 1949 -1951 Horizontal stripes ! 1953 Vertical stripes
1929-New-Town-FC-team-photo-768x531.jpg

Last edited:
1986 East v Clarence R02, South v New Norfolk R17, both York Park, and South v Clarence R18 at Youngtown. I took all these with a dodgy little brownie! East wore the state jumpers in R02, and then had a pretty cool red jumper from R04. Many of the teams took their time transitioning into the new look of the TFL - Clarence had the TANFL logo and no Cascade sponsorship in R02, but were all done in R18. The week before, North played Sandy Bay in the season opener, and two of the Bay players had the blue backs while the rest of the squad didn't. My cousin Michael is in the middle of the middle shot off the ball - best on ground in the R18 match. Wilky loved him, would spend half the game commentating on just him whenever East matches were on the radio! Big crowds in R02 were pretty much gone by R17. Can name a few East players - 25 Chris Pollington with cuz under Clarence no.10's armpit, Wyllie is taking the big mark, no.2's name was Glenn (!), and Tony Hately is the guy with the helmet.
R02-86 East v Clarence 1.jpg R02-86 East v Clarence 2.jpg R02-86 East v Clarence 3.jpg R17-86 East v New Norfolk.jpg R18-86 South v Clarence.jpg

Last edited:

When John Clennett (The Fork In the Road) returned to Sand Bay in 1975? I remember Melbourne wanted $10 000 transfer fee (Which at the time was a hell of a lot of Money.) I think he was eventual forced to retire in about 1977/78. I remember a book in the mid 70's 200 greatest marks??? and hanger of JC appeared in it.

Back to Jumpers the New Town circa 1929 was different, pity they did not keep it for District Comp after the war Photo link from http://pathartnett.net.au/ Great website the New Town side in 1948 Back Jumper with a white V , 1949 -1951 Horizontal stripes ! 1953 Vertical stripes
1929-New-Town-FC-team-photo-768x531.jpg

Great colourised photo. Fabulous old style jumpers.

1986 East v Clarence R02, South v New Norfolk R17, both York Park, and South v Clarence R18 at Youngtown. I took all these with a dodgy little brownie! East wore the state jumpers in R02, and then had a pretty cool red jumper from R04. My cousin Michael is in the middle of the middle shot off the ball - best on ground in the R18 match. Wilky loved him, would spend half the game commentating on just him whenever East matches were on the radio! Big crowds in R02 were pretty much gone by R17. Can name a few East players - 25 Chris Pollington with cuz under Clarence no.10's armpit, Wyllie is taking the big mark, no.2's name was Glenn (!), and Tony Hately is the guy with the helmet.
View attachment 513484 View attachment 513485 View attachment 513486 View attachment 513487 View attachment 513488

Great pics. Good look at the old York Park.

Great pics. Good look at the old York Park.
Great Photos looks like your on the ground so close up, I can spot the Great Des James who ended his career over the river at Clarence after leaving the Bay one of the silkiest footballers and the best back pocket I saw (All Australian), good crowd when you see East were 69 Point's down love the cars and the train in the background!

Gibbke talking Back Pockets did Jeff Dunne former St Kilda & Richmond and Victoria (Richmond 1 Game only) play at East Launceston/South Launceston in 1986?

Last edited:
Those are mint photos Gibbke! Fantastic.
Clarence wore maroon and white until the end of 1978, changed to the South Melbourne style strip in 1979 and won the flag that year.
Sandy Bay wore all blue with the seagull on the breast up until 1967.
Hobart wore the current Richmond style uniform from 1968-1990 and from 2009 to present. From 1945-1967 and 1991-1997 they wore the Glenelg (SANFL) jumper with a sash at the front with gold numbers on the back.
In the SFL they wore an all gold strip with black numbers and a black HFC monogram from 1998-2004 and the Brisbane Lions strip from 2005-2008.
New Norfolk didn't start wearing Red, White and Black until 1950.
They wore Green and Gold from 1947-1949 and during the 50s they wore various types of designs not like the St Kilda strip they ended up most notable for in their famous days in the TFL.

Those are mint photos Gibbke! Fantastic.
Clarence wore maroon and white until the end of 1978, changed to the South Melbourne style strip in 1979 and won the flag that year.
Sandy Bay wore all blue with the seagull on the breast up until 1967.
Hobart wore the current Richmond style uniform from 1968-1990 and from 2009 to present. From 1945-1967 and 1991-1997 they wore the Glenelg (SANFL) jumper with a sash at the front with gold numbers on the back.
In the SFL they wore an all gold strip with black numbers and a black HFC monogram from 1998-2004 and the Brisbane Lions strip from 2005-2008.
New Norfolk didn't start wearing Red, White and Black until 1950.
They wore Green and Gold from 1947-1949 and during the 50s they wore various types of designs not like the St Kilda strip they ended up most notable for in their famous days in the TFL.

Don't forget that period after the end of TSL when clubs went back to the SFL & NTFL. Here NHFC were forced out of their traditional jumper & wore that Navy blue (Black:)) jumper with orange flames! Glenorchy were the Storm in B&W&Green (which I quite liked). The SFL were more happy hurting ex TSL clubs than working for the betterment of football. Small minded & sad. Another reason football here needs a better structure to help player development, also legue & club management at all levels. Were better off with a pyramid structure not a flat earth regional structure. Still thats up to the AFL I guess.

Great Photos looks like your on the ground so close up, I can spot the Great Des James who ended his career over the river at Clarence after leaving the Bay one of the silkiest footballers and the best back pocket I saw (All Australian), good crowd when you see East were 69 Point's down love the cars and the train in the background!

Gibbke talking Back Pockets did Jeff Dunne former St Kilda & Richmond and Victoria (Richmond 1 Game only) play at East Launceston/South Launceston in 1986?
He most certainly did in 1985-86, as capt/coach for the first year and captain under Richard Spencer in the TFL. Ian Paton took over the next year. In 1985, we had Dunne and Leigh Carlson as VFL imports, and had the most second successful season since the early 1970's, knocked out of the finals in the last round...there was a lone finals appearance in 1983 when Doug Barwick was still around...

I was close...no zoom on that camera, everything is within a metre of the boundary...! I was doing photography in Y11 that year, and would take it along with b&w film. Took heaps of photos, all b&w because that's what the teacher demanded, but many didn't survive my clumsy development techniques, and they usually got chopped up for something arty. I did have a good untouched set of the 1986 NTFA v Collingwood game, but they're long gone. Every now and then I'd take a colour roll...

Don't think I have ever seen a club as happy with themselves as the Tigers are considering they haven't won a match for almost 3 months, its embarrassing.

Don't think I have ever seen a club as happy with themselves as the Tigers are considering they haven't won a match for almost 3 months, its embarrassing.
I have watched the post game interview, you could say that Trent Baulmere is very positive with his summation of how the Tigers are going.

I have watched the post game interview, you could say that Trent Baulmere is very positive with his summation of how the Tigers are going.

Defensive would be how I'd describe his press conferences, had a sook at a reporter the other week for saying something mean about his team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've then got the players on the field full of lip and what's with this rubbish of running up to the opposition after you kick a goal, maybe try kicking a few more and winning a game.

Doesn't surprise me
As a supporter and life member of Kingston football club ( not tigers) the club as whole are a complete embarrassment.
Only worried about off field issues and not on field performance. They now have netball teams under the tigers banner and spend to much time setting this up, rather than spend time improving there football teams.
They been in the competition long enough to show some signs of improvement. Unfortunately they are not.

Doesn't surprise me
As a supporter and life member of Kingston football club ( not tigers) the club as whole are a complete embarrassment.
Only worried about off field issues and not on field performance. They now have netball teams under the tigers banner and spend to much time setting this up, rather than spend time improving there football teams.
They been in the competition long enough to show some signs of improvement. Unfortunately they are not.

Agree with that Whowants2know Tigers are in the 5th Season in the SWL and they have so far won a total of 11 Games of Football, I would get this right before venturing into other sports what is next ? maybe the take over of the Kingborough Lions United Football Club that soccer club is a bit like the AFL team constant underachieves. Maybe Kingston is Tassie Answer to the Gold Coast in terms of Sports Clubs :)?

Was watching the post match interview to see if Trent Baulmere quoted any more films! I was hoping for Forrest Gump "Life is like a box a chocolate, you never know what your going to get"

Last edited:
Round 12 leaderboard

Halftimehero 2 = 28
Grey Budgie 2 = 27
Mudmug 2 = 27
Gibbke 3 = 26
Whowants2know 2 = 24

Agree with that Whowants2know Tigers are in the 5th Season in the SWL and they have so far won a total of 11 Games of Football, I would get this right before venturing into other sports what is next ? maybe the take over of the Kingborough Lions United Football Club that soccer club is a bit like the AFL team constant underachieves. Maybe Kingston is Tassie Answer to the Gold Coast in terms of Sports

You onto something Budgie. Something not right down there. In the last 3 years they have turned over 60 players. You will never improve if you dont have a steady group playing together.

Picked the wrong week to pour a Bucket on the Tigers :$!, fair play great win...Most thought it would be North Lauunie and then Launceston as the top two,
Maybe time to re-evaluate the Blues three defeats in a row?

My tipping today a real :poo:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back