Random Random thoughts and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just checked/worked out my work roster for the next 10 months.

Im working every weekend we have a home game!
b6889593c4db77daa028ef0fec386580.gif

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Just get a new job where you don't have to work weekends like I did.

No surprise.

SCG Trust gets their $$$.
The surrounds at Olympic Park need massive upgrades.

Shops, cafes, pubs etc.

To be fair ANZ only needs a refurb.

SFS hasnt had anything done to it for 30 years and is in dire need of a rebuild due to construction at the time.

Shops, cafes, pubs etc.

SFS hasnt had anything done to it for 30 years and is in dire need of a rebuild due to construction at the time.

100% agree with all of this, the real question for our midterm future is what is our big crowd option, and the answer needs to be a Spotless upgrade.

100% agree with all of this, the real question for our midterm future is what is our big crowd option, and the answer needs to be a Spotless upgrade.
The upgrade would bring it up to 35k(from what ive heard, someone else may have a better idea).

Funnily enough itll only(when compared to 100s of millions for the rectangles) cost 30 mill to finish the stand.

That would be the perfect size for us.

Shops, cafes, pubs etc.

The key here is an increase in residential accommodation. The more people living in the precinct, the better. That will drive the increase in cafe and pub businesses. Otherwise, only pop up businesses will bother.

Reckon the club and afl should provide one year free membership to people that buy into the precinct.

The key here is an increase in residential accommodation. The more people living in the precinct, the better. That will drive the increase in cafe and pub businesses. Otherwise, only pop up businesses will bother.

Reckon the club and afl should provide one year free membership to people that buy into the precinct.
Maybe not a free membership, but definitely a decent sized discount. Half price would be ideal I think. There’s always the chance that these people don’t like and want to know anything about the sport

So, faffing about on YouTube you come across some stuff that surprises you. For instance....

Did you know that before Jason Statham became “Jason Statham” he not only had hair, but actually competed in the 1990 Commonwealth Games in his chosen sport of Diving.

....yes....

Jason Statham: Commonwealth Games: Diving

Three things I would not, in a million years, have ever put together. But there you go.

The other thing I noticed, when viewing the footage, was a “separated at birth” type similarity with an ex-giant player and assistant coach.

3ACEEC1A-5F8E-4E0E-B143-E710D8BC04CD.jpeg

In the last couple of weeks I've caught two GWS guernsey wearers, a hat wearer, and overhead two or three conversations about them around the place. We're definitely getting our roots in.

In the last couple of weeks I've caught two GWS guernsey wearers, a hat wearer, and overhead two or three conversations about them around the place. We're definitely getting our roots in.
4 guys, not together, all wearing 2018 member shirts discovered wandering around Castle Towers yesterday morning :)
5 including me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:) This is the traditional Glenelg song. The current one is a modified version of Tigerland. It's my favourite team song of all time, your challenge of you choose to accept it is try and pick why it was controversial in the 70's.

Just got the invitation to the ultimate members function for the Saints game. Passed last year because Canaoes and drinks dont thrill me much. After wandering past a largely empty warm looking riom on a freezing cold night, I'm RSVP'ing this year.

:) This is the traditional Glenelg song. The current one is a modified version of Tigerland. It's my favourite team song of all time, your challenge of you choose to accept it is try and pick why it was controversial in the 70's.

I remember standing at the southern end of the Bay every year growing up, my Mum & sister sitting over in the stands.
Can't remember ever progressing to the second verse, 'We're dashing we're gay, we're the Pride of the Bay' !!

I remember standing at the southern end of the Bay every year growing up, my Mum & sister sitting over in the stands.
Can't remember ever progressing to the second verse, 'We're dashing we're gay, we're the Pride of the Bay' !!
I was brought up on SANFL, although in Broken Hill and followed the Bays.. I attended odd games and cant recall either.
The 76 GF stands out because I was old enough to have a friend with a car and a licence and it was my first independent weekend away at nearly 16. :oops: Times have changed.
A Port poster sent me video of the game last year and it was shocking how violent it was in retrospect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back