Mitch McGovern (please read OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best way possible is you get pick 2 as a priority. That makes this deal super easy.

Pick 1 gets problematic seeing it's such a harder pick to trade/higher expectations then everything that exists. It can be done seeing we have the extra resources, but it would depend on what doesn't Carlton baulk at. After all, it's got as much value as a hope selling exercise, as it does a player (though surely, you're all too jaded to fall for that bs).

If that ass SOS was to get pick 2, he would demand the world unless the afl secretly told them that pick is for McGovern and to demand nothing more.
The reality is Carlton have only 3 assets. Cripps, C Curnow and Pick 1. They arnt trading any of them, the only thing they have done is unsettled our player.

I just can’t see this deal getting done unless the AFL help Carlton

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

After all the chest beating is said and done, under AFL guidance, endorsement a pick in the range from 12 to 20 will close the trade.
No offence intended but McGovern is not a priority, so no pressure we can wait another year, let Adelaide manage a disgruntled youngster, onus is not on CFC to be super pliable and flexible, just fair and equitable.
Mitch is an average to good player with durability concerns.
Nah

Yeah, I really don't see Carlton giving up pick 1 lightly, and its as much a marketing thing to sell hope to fans as anything else. If you're gifted pick 2 by the AFL, it would be much different I suspect, much easier to sell to members/fans, we'd probably throw something back of reasonable value in return too.
The hope that they finally won't waste a top pick?

Mitch to Freo for Neale, sounds like a deal to me.

That's horrible for us. Neale is good, but the last thing we need is small inside midfielders (seeing we already have Matt Crouch).

For such an asset that we're giving up, would just be dumb as there is no real gain there. If we're getting inside midfielders, they have to be around CEY/Greenwood size at a minimum for them to make a real difference to our sides makeup.

If he has chosen us, maybe he likes the idea of walking past 16 premiership cups each morning on the way into work.
See to me it would just be disheartening, walking past a premiership cup when my team only won 2 games for the first time in 100 or so years, knowing that the club was so far away from a flag that the distance was measured in light years, not finishing with the 2019 wooden spoon being considered a positive outcome.

Crows will demand pick 1.

If they don't get it Mitch will stay.

I believe the trade will get done. we will then bundle 7 and 14 to move up the draft

Crows will demand pick 1.

If they don't get it Mitch will stay.

I believe the trade will get done. we will then bundle 7 and 14 to move up the draft
If we do this we are the stupidest club in the history of the game.. in this instance you are rating gov as a pick in the 40s...please let me bend over and take the pineapple SoS

The biggest problem with Carlton's mid first priority pick is that it doesn't get us near Lukosius, despite claims to the contrary. Getting him means picking before Gold Coast, and Gold Coast have no reason to trade pick 2 to us, no matter how much ammunition people will claim we have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh?

Crows will demand a straight swap.

7 and 14 will be used to grab Rankine
At best we will get a pick 7-10 Carlton will not relinquish pick 1 best we can hope for is bundling some of our picks to other clubs for higher picks..

At best we will get a pick 7-10 Carlton will not relinquish pick 1 best we can hope for is bundling some of our picks to other clubs for higher picks..

Expect Mitch to stay if they don't hand it over. There gonna do the exact same scenario as carlton did with Gibbs 2 years ago

If they get 11 as their PP I could see us accepting that plus 24 & 26 for Gov, potentially 24 & 26 goes to Sydney for 13.

This gives us 7, 11, 13, 14,19,37 plus our first next year to work with.

It may not put us in Lukosius territory but it gives us a huge chance of doing something special and building a real dynasty if we were to nail the draft.

Then in 12/24 months time then go all in for Lukosius when he’s out of contract.

That’s what I’d do depending on whether the talent pool warranted it. I suspect though that they’ll prefer to package up at least some of those picks and take less players.

I wondering whether there's any truth in BT's rumour that Mitch is best friends with Jake Lever and wasn't happy with how the club treated him and that was the start of him being unhappy at the club.
If that’s the case then no wonder why he’s being shopped around!

Mitch is nowhere near worth pick one on his own. Can we at least be realistic?

Pick 1 for McGovern + Melbourne's first should be the lowest we're willing to drop - pick 7 back is far too much, no pick 1 ought to be a deal breaker.

Last edited:
I wonder if it was part of the plan last year when we signed him... he said he'd stick around another year for a premiership, then would want to be traded... we knew Luko and the Rank were coming... we agreed and signed him to a three year deal knowing we'd let him go after one...

twelve-dimensional chess people!!!
tenor.gif

Expect Mitch to stay if they don't hand it over. There gonna do the exact same scenario as carlton did with Gibbs 2 years ago
Nah can’t see it we are working for a strong draft hand it just won’t include ( and does not need to include) pick 1

Nah can’t see it we are working for a strong draft hand it just won’t include ( and does not need to include) pick 1

If it doesn't include pick 1 then it's just not a strong enough draft hand to be worth the loss. We already have 8, 14ish, and 23ish, stacking 12 in the middle again is worth less to our current squad than keeping McGovern for another season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back