Mid Gippy

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont know why afl gippsland bothered to ask for submissions from each club its not as if they were ever gonna consider or listen to them. Arrogant agenda but bet when it goes arse up as it will they will just become faceless men in background. It will clubs or whats left of them to pick up pieces

Also read 100% of alberton teams dont want 6 team comp. Ok we'll change that. West gippsland oppose change to juniors ok we'll leave that. 100% of mid gippy clubs oppose merger stiff s**t its happening

Yarragon gone!!!!! Doesn't matter what every one keeps saying the new league will happen. I hear thorpy are on there knees, mass exodus of good players and with NO jouners can't see they club staying aflot, similar with boolarra, how many more years will they be around??? Starting to get kids to the club but can't see it lasting, hillend as well, all ways gets young kids from newbrough and pay them to play ones, u16s have been solid but can't see that next year, yes the travel will be hard but we all need to get over it

facts are facts mate, tarwin wont be around either will boolarra, hill end and thorpy
Mate the only way Tarwin, Boolarra, Thorpy and Hill End won't be around is if the merger did go ahead. The merger won't go ahead regardless of the appeal decision as the league will just dis-affiliate and keep a 9 team comp out of reach of AFLG's grubby little fingers.

good bye mid gippy, stupid stupid not to let this happen. give it 3 or 4 years and the mid gippy will be a 6 team comp,,, i hope am proven wrong but i very much drought it,,, so lets bring on the finals nect year as the same 5 from this year will be there again next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good bye mid gippy, stupid stupid not to let this happen. give it 3 or 4 years and the mid gippy will be a 6 team comp,,, i hope am proven wrong but i very much drought it,,, so lets bring on the finals nect year as the same 5 from this year will be there again next year

Maybe you haven't taken too much notice of the recent past but the only team to have featured in finals every year for the last ten or so Mirboo. Traf won the flag this year and finished equal last in 2016. Yallourn North played off in the last 3 flags and finished dead last in 2014. It's not all the same teams every year like you make out. The Mid Gippy clubs would have been stupid if they let it happen.
Now due to them sticking together we won't see clubs needlessly fold in Gippsland.

I don't think many people deny there will be a need for some change, you only have to look at the number of clubs who consistently can't field juniors to see that. But merging with the Alberton clubs was never going to improve anything for any of the Mid Gippy clubs (and probably not for Alberton either). It would just have guaranteed the demise of Thorpdale, Boolarra, etc.

Think about the result to the Alberton though
They are already in the decline, soon that league will fold altogether .

Congrats, not merging killed the Alberton comp

AFL meddling with the Alberton league has caused this situation. Merging would have created the same thing down the track. Within 2 years if the merger were to go ahead 2-4 Mid Gippsland clubs would likely fold due to this ridiculous proposal. If Alberton clubs had pushed back years ago when AFL changed their league they wouldn't be in this situation. AFL and Alberton are to blame for the demise of Alberton and none of it has anything to do with Mid Gippy. There's half a dozen clubs in the Alberton region that have recently left the league that Alberton and AFLG should be campaigning to get back to fix the issues. Anyone who can't see that when it's plain as day has rocks in their head.

If i remember correctly all 10 teams have been represented in a grand final in some grade of football in last 10 years & 7 of the 10 have played in at least 1 senior grand final. Its been 14 years since the same 5 have played in the finals 2 years in a row & i doubt very much same 5 will be there next year also

Expected typical stupid response

I would say they wont... so there goes 2 clubs, and u peanuts said no to the merger!!!!
If you think bringing in Stoney, Meeniyan, Tarwin etc would help mid gippy then I know who the peanut is.
All the smaller country leagues in the state are struggling, unfortunately the Alberton league is a case of dead man walking, your solution IMO is 'If I'm going down I'm taking you with me'
Mid Gippy will survive a bit longer than most, but it also is fighting against the times, why bring it forward with idiocy.

If you think bringing in Stoney, Meeniyan, Tarwin etc would help mid gippy then I know who the peanut is.
All the smaller country leagues in the state are struggling, unfortunately the Alberton league is a case of dead man walking, your solution IMO is 'If I'm going down I'm taking you with me'
Mid Gippy will survive a bit longer than most, but it also is fighting against the times, why bring it forward with idiocy.

So hows hillend going???? Another club will fold in 2 years, so that would put the league to 7!!! We will re visit this in a few years time my friend, oh a 4 team comp in the u18s is going to go well also

Remove this Banner Ad

Back