80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:

Yes it is. Great layout and they spend a bit of money on it too maintain it. They use effluent and bore water as well.
Have you ever played Murgon in Qld?
I'm a President of a near by, (poor with money and effluent water course), and it is astoundingly good.
The bloke who cores our greens travels the length and breadth of rural Qld and rates it as the best by a fair margin.
I'd be playing there today, but I'm stuck trying to figure out a greens irrigation problem.

Have you ever played Murgon in Qld?
I'm a President of a near by, (poor with money and effluent water course), and it is astoundingly good.
The bloke who cores our greens travels the length and breadth of rural Qld and rates it as the best by a fair margin.
I'd be playing there today, but I'm stuck trying to figure out a greens irrigation problem.
No I haven’t but I’ve heard that it’s a cracker. I have wanted to play there for a while and it’s only 2hrs 15mins from Toowoomba. I’ll make it a mission to get there before winter.

No I haven’t but I’ve heard that it’s a cracker. I have wanted to play there for a while and it’s only 2hrs 15mins from Toowoomba. I’ll make it a mission to get there before winter.
You won't be disappointed. Designed by a USPGA accredited designer and immaculate, when you consider it is run by volunteers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing wrong with Ping. Years ago i bought a Ping Anser and i putted really well with it. Went on a golfing trip to Sydney with some mates and it was lifted out of my bag when i went inside to get a drink at the clubhouse. :mad:. Bought a Ping A Blade out of the pro shop and it took me no time at all to get used to it. Beautifully balanced putter. I love it and still have it.
Your driver is your mistress, your putter is your wife.

Life's good when you duck out for a quick 9 at 7pm, shoot 2 over off the stick and are disappointed with yourself. I don't know how, but I've slowed my swing down a tad and am hitting further and straighter. 180m 5 irons, 140m 8 iron.
Love taking the lads out for an evening stroll. 20190121_195325.jpg

Your driver is your mistress, your putter is your wife.
Okay you may think this is BS, but when i won the B grade championship on the back of some red hot putting on the last day of the club championships, i joked at the presentations in the clubhouse, that i was kicking my wife out of bed as i was going to sleep with my putter. True story.

Life's good when you duck out for a quick 9 at 7pm, shoot 2 over off the stick and are disappointed with yourself. I don't know how, but I've slowed my swing down a tad and am hitting further and straighter. 180m 5 irons, 140m 8 iron.
Love taking the lads out for an evening stroll.View attachment 608437

You have the Ogio silencer!!!!

which course?

You have the Ogio silencer!!!!

which course?
Home Course. Royal H.
Im seriously thinking of doing a golf blog about Tassies 9 hole courses. There's some snorters that people just drive past.
Google the scorecard for Quamby near Launceston. A 555m par 5 ( last week I smashed a drive and pounded a 3 wood to be....... 110m short) and a 400+m par 4. For $20 you won't play a better 9 hole course. People come to Tassie play Barnbugle, Lost Farm and leave. It's time to revive the 9 holer!

Obviously not a round as such, but I went for my first lesson on Monday, Im not sure if my biomechanics were all wrong or if my body just hasn't used those muscles in a while, or ever used those movement patterns, but far out after hitting about 100 balls in an hour I have been sore these last two days.

Obviously not a round as such, but I went for my first lesson on Monday, Im not sure if my biomechanics were all wrong or if my body just hasn't used those muscles in a while, or ever used those movement patterns, but far out after hitting about 100 balls in an hour I have been sore these last two days.
where u lesson?

I know I probably come across as a pig headed twit, but my golf recently has been nothing short of amazing.
My last 4, 9 hole rounds have been 4 (over par), 3, 2 and 2. Im shaping drives left to right with perfect 30m fades. Hitting irons with a purity I've never known. Today I hit a 7 iron to the back of the green on a hole where the tees were at 151m, so maybe 155m? Drives don't have distance but I'm hardly missing a fairway. My golfing tide will go out soon enough but right now it is in in a big way.
Tuesday I hit a drive right, punched out, had 60m in and hit it to 5 feet and holed for par.
Putting is awesome, holed a 6 foot down hill left/right for par on the index 5 8th then put a 12 footer in for birdie on the 470m 9th.
Christ its fun right now.
Sorry for the boasting. Not looking for likes, just want to get it out there because as golfers we can curse ourselves for bad rounds so we may as well celebrate the good ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back