Society & Culture Farmers

Remove this Banner Ad

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Does anyone else find this small sub-section of society, generally privileged, to be overrepresented, patronised, and helped out?

Why in the * is the price of milk going up at Woolworths, as opposed to Woolworths giving them a better deal? Why is the average, s**t kicking consumer paying more to help out one industry? I don't drink milk but this is such a crock. Passing the angst and issues of one group onto everyone else. And, all the while, Woolworths lose nothing but make all the plaudits and attention?

Farmers bitch and moan and ask for handouts all the time. What other industry gets this much airtime? What other industry has this 'we have to support em... cos... ahh' mentality? Why are they a protected species?

It generally seems the people who feel sorry for them are those who've never actually encountered them. And who shop at Coles every day.

Everyone I know who has been a farmer has generally owned a holiday house, sent their kids to Hale, and thinks their job is a lifestyle that needs to exist and cannot change.

As they say: farmers, they're Liberals when it's going well and Labor when it's going bad.

Why are we – the consumer – paying extra for their issues while the company who sells the milk isn't helping them?

Yet, is being applauded for helping them?

I thought I was the only one!

When things go right farmers make bank, when things go wrong the country bails them out. Who starts a business that relys 100% on weather and rain anyway? Especially in this country.

When the whole family owns brand new Land Cruiser Saharas they don’t need bail outs.

I thought I was the only one!

When things go right farmers make bank, when things go wrong the country bails them out. Who starts a business that relys 100% on weather and rain anyway? Especially in this country.

When the whole family owns brand new Land Cruiser Saharas they don’t need bail outs.
Do they pay back the government assistance?

Would be pretty sick having a job where you keep all the money when stuff goes well but you get help when it isn't. Really great.

A lot of them are stupid campaigners who vote for a party that prioritises mining over them at every opportunity.

Brighter farmers, and their communities, have figured out this isn't going well for them. Greens are winning country seats from the Coalition.

Last edited:
I've read some s**t on big footy over two years [deduct 2 months for suspensions ] but I've never read so much unintelligent uninformed crap from people who can read or write in my life.
The first page of this thread is an insult to anyone with a tenth of a brain, then again it is Big Footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t we done this before
Your argument is with Woolworths, Coles and Aldi - not the farmers
Nah they're all campaigners.

Along with teachers, police, moderators, accountants, lawyers, the privately educated, most Baby Boomers, people who are weird about money, skinny jeans; basically anyone who isn't working class.

Along with teachers, police, moderators, accountants, lawyers, the privately educated, most Baby Boomers, people who are weird about money, skinny jeans; basically anyone who isn't working class.

Not many working class people do arts degrees

Meh - enjoy your cake

Not many working class people do arts degrees
First person in my family to do a degree and my family has been in Perth – in suburbs everyone creams themselves over now – for longer than the Baltics've been in WA.

Accountancy, medicine, law and those things are generally for the rich and the azns and Indians. Or annoying prefect sorts.

First person in my family to do a degree and my family has been in Perth – in suburbs everyone creams themselves over now – for longer than the Baltics've been in WA.

Accountancy, medicine, law and those things are generally for the rich and the azns and Indians. Or annoying prefect sorts.

Working class folk tend to go for the commerce degrees. Mature agers lean towards engineering.

Working class folk tend to go for the commerce degrees. Mature agers lean towards engineering.
Completely disagree. Commerce is very puffy jacket, Essendon sort of thing.

Engineering was the go-to degree from about 2008-2012 in WA. Everyone who tried hard in my school wanted to do that. Back in the boom days.

A lot of them are stupid campaigners who vote for a party that prioritises mining over them at every opportunity.

Brighter farmers, and their communities, have figured out this isn't going well for them. Greens are winning country seats from the Coalition.

Not too many country people would vote for those green clowns. In which area r the greens winning country seats??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back