Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st Tranche TLS privatisation was 1997, a good % of Australians suddenly become much more invested in the fortunes of the company...just sayin'
I really cant see how a murder is going to suddenly cause a profit/loss forecast
ABC article re T knife discovery verifies the knife was found on same day Jane's remains were discovered by a ''witness''. I wouldn't consider a witness to be a police or forensics officer. Was it the woman who discovered Jane or her husband who was also there, who discovered the T knife?

The court heard that Ms Rimmer's body was found 55 days after she disappeared at Wellard, south of Perth, where on the same day a witness found a knife with a Telstra logo.

10811936-3x2-xlarge.jpg
IMAGEState prosecutor Carmel Barbagallo has begun outlining the case against Mr Edwards.(ABC News: Hugh Sando)
Ms Barbagallo said the knife was a "standard issue" Telstra or Telecom knife that had been issued to employees, including Mr Edwards.
So we have the explanation for the discrepancy

Yes the knife was found the same day but it cant be said it was used. I'm sure forensics would have been carried out on the knife.

All it shows is a Telstra employee was in the area at some time. It could have been before or after . Again unless forensics shows evidence of blood then its a nice story but nothing more

I really cant see how a murder is going to suddenly cause a profit/loss forecast

Yes the knife was found the same day but it cant be said it was used. I'm sure forensics would have been carried out on the knife.

All it shows is a Telstra employee was in the area at some time. It could have been before or after . Again unless forensics shows evidence of blood then its a nice story but nothing more

Information out of directions this week verified that Jane's throat had been cut. One would assume a knife had been used and it may not be the T knife as you suggest.

in something I wrote, I opined the T knife may have been found at Jane's site when Police returned to the site in February 1997 which is 6 months after initial site search. That was before the correct information was revealed in directions and published by media. I have no idea where the 'two months' came from that worked into discussion on BF.

I have noticed a creep of incorrect information being published on here recently which is causing confusion.

in something I wrote, I opined the T knife may have been found at Jane's site when Police returned to the site in February 1997 which is 6 months after initial site search. That was before the correct information was revealed in directions and published by media. I have no idea where the 'two months' came from that worked into discussion on BF.

I have noticed a creep of incorrect information being published on here recently which is causing confusion.
The 2 months is factually correct but presented incorrectly

The knife was found the same day as Jane

But Jane was found 2 months (55 days) after she went missing.

I thought it was the case that the knife was found at the time of the body discovery and was confused by the timelines being circulated in here. Hadn’t got around to finding the source so thanks GC.

I’m not buying the cops being directed to tread lightly around Telstra. Wasn’t a competitive industry at the time and the techs are lower level staff. I don’t think the T knife was seen as the murder weapon.

Information out of directions this week verified that Jane's throat had been cut. One would assume a knife had been used and it may not be the T knife as you suggest.

I'd thought it was Ciara whose throat had been cut but no cause of death could be established with Jane?

I'd thought it was Ciara whose throat had been cut but no cause of death could be established with Jane?
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02...ecutors-case-against-bradley-edwards/10837926

Ciara Glennon had also been drinking in Claremont before her disappearance on March 14, 1997.

She was last seen talking to someone in a car at a set of traffic lights on Stirling Highway.

Her body was located in dense bushland, north of Perth, three weeks later.

This week the court heard allegations that her throat had been cut and fibres found in her hair matched those from a car Mr Edwards had access to at the time.

Couldnt help myself :p

This is the Perthnow version published 16/10/2015 detailing the Post Newspaper's report, that indicated a linked between the 1995 Karrakatta victim and the abduction of Sarah, and abduction and murder of Jane and Ciara.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...al-killer-ng-892372bf2e7886119c85f1860924685a

Terry Dobson's radio interview on 6PR is a good listen. Can't locate it now. Anyone able to help with that? It really makes me wonder what happened to the investigation of this case, way back when local police considered thre 1995 alleged rape was more than likely linked!

Nice to see my personal example of deliberate incorrect information creep was picked up!

Its happening on BF and in newspapers. I have been saying regarding incorrect information in newspapers is a nightmare. Who do you trust in the media to get it correct, this is such an important case and it needs to be reported correctly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terry Dobson's radio interview on 6PR is a good listen. Can't locate it now. Anyone able to help with that? It really makes me wonder what happened to the investigation of this case, way back when local police considered thre 1995 alleged rape was more than likely linked!

Reading the Post article BlueE posted just up a bit, the Telstra van was jumping out at them screaming "Look at me! Look at me!"

Edit: BlueE has the Post article in the media thread, my apologies.

An abduction rape and three serial murders committed by the Telstra man in a badged van might turn people off the brand a bit.
But nobody knew about the other. Telstra knife linked to 1 murder

All the other came over time

But nobody knew about the other. Telstra knife linked to 1 murder

All the other came over time

Are we questioning though why nobody apparently knew when Telstra man was being seen everywhere? He was also using his ATM card in the Claremont quarter and had a car crash on Stirling Highway.

(Telecom/Telstra)

Last edited:
The the prosecution hasn’t claimed the knife as the murder weapon, they haven’t got finger prints or DNA tying it to victims or the accused. They probably collected a number of items of interest and the significance doesn’t become apparent until you they had a firm suspect. At the time all it was , was a telecom issued tool found within a telecom asset, that may or may not have been important.
Excellent summary about he Telstra knife found.

It was me that is asserting where and when this knife was found but the media summaries are vague. Evidence yet to be presented and big possibility it will disregarded by Judge, in my opinion.

Reading the Post article BlueE posted just up a bit, the Telstra van was jumping out at them screaming "Look at me! Look at me!"
Edit: BlueE has the Post article in the media thread, my apologies.

Many crooks now use hi viz tops because no one takes a second look them being in someones garden.

The other issue is the logistics of getting the driver of a company vehicle.

It sounds like they should have been checking Telstra vehicles and their drivers though instead of the taxis.

All that focus on Lance.

Reading back through posts it has been asked a couple of times why police should have taken more notice of the earlier breakins 1988 , as they were lower level crimes
This is why i do not not consider them lower level crimes , because the law doesnt
There was a difference under law with breakins of domestic properties depending on the time they happened and i dont know why it would not be the same now , the cut off time used to be 6pm
Breaks in prior to 6pm were considered to be primarily for theft , inhabitants likely to be at work or enroute
Breaks in after 6pm were more serious because inhabitants were likely to be home , therefore theft was not considered the primary purpose
There were , probably still is , more serious sentences for break ins after 6 pm , the earlier crimes should have been revisted when the kimono was , they were the same time frame , same area , maybe they were revisited or glossed over , but they were not taken seriously , who knows

Excellent summary about he Telstra knife found.

It was me that is asserting where and when this knife was found but the media summaries are vague. Evidence yet to be presented and big possibility it will disregarded by Judge, in my opinion.

Its an interesting challenge, however, I challenge anyone to drive around and find a Telstra knife on the road. Just one.

If BRE was using his ATM card in the Claremont quarter, having car accidents on the Stirling Highway and his van spotted lurking about so many times I lost count and even on a report, he wasn't exactly covert.

We're told another Telstra man was interviewed by police. Okay, not sure I buy it yet though that he went under a scope simply because a few clubbers pointed his way. What about the CCTV, the slowed down speed camera outside .. wait for it .. the Claremont Police Station .. and the camera that was put in to catch the license plate of every vehicle? The cameras that were there when Ciara was abducted.

I really think they need to explain that. Did BRE switch the plates with the car the other Telstra guy who actually did get interviewed drove and send them off looking at someone else and they couldnt work it out? Just shuffled off.

It's very strange and my spider senses are twitching.

As a Telstra technician, losing a knife is cause for concern due to kids getting hold of it.

There was also Janes watch.

So there every chance the car was driven in the direction of the destination for a while. As per Mosman Park screams.

Its an interesting challenge, however, I challenge anyone to drive around and find a Telstra knife on the road. Just one.

Given the media article reporting on directions, stated a "witness" discovered the T knife. I would think the lady who discovered Jane's remains would be a "witness" or her husband who was with her on the day.

I don't think it would be someone driving on Woolcoot Road as the road would have been seal off denying normal access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back