Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they have an inkling way back when and have been keeping a close eye on the accused for some time?

No I don't think so , this is just coincidence as far as I'm concerned... this is an league for older players , you would normally play for the team in your area or maybe one you played for when younger ... it was 10 years after the crimes , 8 years before his arrest , if someone can make something from that good luck to them

Did they have an inkling way back when and have been keeping a close eye on the accused for some time?
I dont think this was why but I definitely think they've had their eye on him for some time. At the latest end 2014/beg 2015. By early 2015 it was pretty obvious that someone was in their sights.

wasn't it found the same day as the body though? and if a body had been discovered in a location not far from the telstra box, then unlikely the police would allow a telstra tech in to work while they are processing the scene. if its true that it was found the same day as the body by a witness, then its likely to be close to the body. cops wouldn't be described as a witness in this circumstance, and the road would of been closed for crime scene processing. the only other people it could be is the people that found the body, or someone that came through the area earlier that day, before the body was found.

Or was it left there by someone involved sickened by the escalation from assaults to murder. If the police had swarmed all over Telstra employees like they did taxi drivers the crime spree could have ended then.

Regarding Legal Aid for serious crimes this is the case that I have heard argued as a precedent.

www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Legal_and_Constitutional_Affairs/Completed_inquiries/1996-99/legalaid/report/c07

I don't intend to offend but it was a silly theory and still is. There is no evidence BRE is a cross dresser and was dressed in women's clothing. He has a fetish for women's underwear and puts them on while masturbating. This is different from walking the streets as a female. Then there is the steroid theory which was based on no tangible evidence whatsoever.

Note: I was not one of the people who said mean things. I have been posting somewhere else and was made aware of the comments at the time.

I think portions of this discussion had been deleted by the time I found the BF thread, so I could be wrong but I don't recall the cross dresser stratagem/ruse to get the girls into the car being something that was started or even really entertained by Shellyg. If anything at the least that theory was also questioned with the same reasons you've outlined.

For some reason the theory put forth re Huntingdale case; That BRE may have been wearing the kimono rather than just carrying it, copped the hard hits, as was the narrative encapsulating escalating behaviours such as prowling, peeping tom and snow dropping, (which most of us know are often linked with serial killers) and the notion that this comportment was being exhibited in the lead up to and present at the Huntingdale attack.
I personally didn't think it was a bad scenario to explore.

The theoretical postulations, made over time, that it was quite possible the accused engaged in cross dressing for sexual pleasure turned out to be correct imo.

There's various reasons why people engage in cross dressing.
Both in modern times and all throughout history it's been used for purposes of disguise, comfort and self expression to name a few.

But on the more extreme side of things there's also "Transvestic Fetishism" which
centres around cross dressing.
While this is something that requires a psychiatric diagnosis the following information fits with shellyg's theory and the material the state has provided alleging the accused has partaken in.

With "Transvestic Fetishism" The intensity varies but there is an excessive sexual or erotic interest in cross dressing;
This interest is often expressed in autoerotic behaviour.
(relating to sexual excitement generated by stimulating or fantasizing about one's own body. The most common autoerotic practice is masturbation but not limited to) 

It differs from cross-dressing for entertainment or other purposes that do not involve sexual arousal, and is categorized as a paraphilia.

( Paraphilia; previously known as sexual perversion and sexual deviation, is the experience of intense sexual arousal to atypical objects, situations, fantasies, behaviours or individuals)

There are two key criteria before a psychiatric diagnosis of "transvestic fetishism" is made:
1. Individuals must be sexually aroused by the act of cross-dressing.
2. Individuals must experience significant distress or impairment – socially or occupationally – because of their behavior.

I would have thought that the relevant authorities already have this information.
The issue is what they have done with it.

Who are you going to call ....... ghostbusters?

Which authorities are you referring to?

I have never suggested I would call anyone. wink wink nudge nudge eyes on the ball already.

For some reason the theory put forth re Huntingdale case; That BRE may have been wearing the kimono rather than just carrying it, copped the hard hits, as was the narrative encapsulating escalating behaviours such as prowling, peeping tom and snow dropping, (which most of us know are often linked with serial killers) and the notion that this comportment was being exhibited in the lead up to and present at the Huntingdale attack.

The theoretical postulations, made over time, that it was quite possible the accused engaged in cross dressing for sexual pleasure turned out to be correct imo.

I was rather bemused and confused with the poster in here earlier, accusing the moderator in here of scaring everyone out of this thread a year or more back.

That's not how I remembered it happen.

What is amazing, is that for someone who obviously did not have the links and info being provided by Police or ex-Police/Macro sources, as does one of the foundation posters on the CSK forums that has recently returned and jousted in here today, I find it highly remarkable that shelly was able to use her brain, (as opposed to being fed info straight from the claimed source of truth), combined with information already reported by the media, for the gender clothing theory, that turned from hard analysed speculation, to actual pre-trial prosecution assertions this last week.

And for that I think she should be praised, and not condemned. Particularly, as I recall wondering if the whole womens clothing issue was a red herring, and a bit over the top when I first read about it being discussed on the forums.

Last edited:
Not sure why anyone would be making a big news story over the fact he played football with a now Inspector. A footy team has all kinds of people from all walks of life rolling through it. Between the Little Aths and the footy chances were that he as going to have had an association with some well known people, be it Police/Politicians/AFL etc etc.

It's interesting but nothing more.

Its called basic detective work. you have a major crime with sexual overtones committed most likely by someone unknown to the victims at a common location. logic says that people dont go from no crime to repeated abduction/murder without a progression in crime escalation. the only constant in the facts to search by is the location, so ask nearby cop shops for details of possible 'lead up crimes' (sexual assaults, rapes, break and enters where unusual items are taken such as clothes and feminine items, clothes stolen from washing lines) in the last 5 to 10 years. investigate these crimes for viable suspects (whos currently in jail, does it fit a potential progression pattern, does the age/description etc suit the crime).

in these circumstances, BRE HH 1990 incident would come to light. you have a known assailant in this crime, with fingerprints. check where BRE lived at the time, prior and after. ask cop shops local to that area for details of any 'lead up crimes' around BRE locations. (most criminals of this nature start with small crimes close to home, and grow in criminal magnitude and distance from home for attacks.) doing this brings to light all the huntingdale prowler evidence, and a set of fingerprints from 1988 linked to the prowler. compare the prints to get your match and promote BRE near the top of your suspect list.

its not a case of looking for a blind comparison of finger prints in this case. BRE plead guilty to the 1990 attack, so you have a name. its more a play by the numbers, and investigation of other crimes for links.

Thank you Krusty Crab - you explained very eloquently and clearly the angle I was leading up to - basic detective work may have led to answers much earlier. Bet cops and Macro are kicking themselves now.

Too much focus on other POI's and inexperienced leadership during K-pr0n era.

Not sure why anyone would be making a big news story over the fact he played football with a now Inspector.

Yes. If they'd led with the prophetic Crocs Not Guilty Tour 09 angle, it might have made a far more entertaining story. Despite it likely being the idea of someone on the team involved with Law Enforcement, and likely having absolutely nothing to do with BRE and his involvement with the CROCS .

In fact, I'm not even sure the accused was still playing for them in 09. Although from the sounds of it, he'd not be easily forgotten from his from 07 at least playing days there.

Not sure why anyone would be making a big news story over the fact he played football with a now Inspector. A footy team has all kinds of people from all walks of life rolling through it. Between the Little Aths and the footy chances were that he as going to have had an association with some well known people, be it Police/Politicians/AFL etc etc.

It's interesting but nothing more.

A senior investigating officer in the crime on the same football team. Not just the same club. A lot of people trying to play it down. Who would that be?

Always the possibility of inadvertently giving the accused the heads up I guess. Training once a week and a game.

Loose lips sink ships

Yes. If they'd led with the prophetic Crocs Not Guilty Tour 09 angle, it might have made a far more entertaining story. Despite it likely being the idea of someone on the team involved with Law Enforcement, and likely having absolutely nothing to do with BRE and his involvement with the CROCS ....

As I understand it, any references to guilty or not-guilty is breaching that legal thingy - contempt of court? yes or no?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A senior investigating officer in the crime on the same football team. Not just the same club. A lot of people trying to play it down. Who would that be?

Always the possibility of inadvertently giving the accused the heads up I guess. Training once a week and a game.

Loose lips sink ships
Wasn't he only a detective involved at the time? Wasn't even in Macro, am I right?
Ever been in a sporting team? If you think people sit around and discuss work related stuff from a decade previous you're crazy.
You think it went like:

BRE: Hi Officer, how was your week?

Officer: Good mate, still can't catch that Claremont killer, wouldn't want to lend us an ear so I can run a few things past you?

Wasn't he only a detective involved at the time? Wasn't even in Macro, am I right?
Ever been in a sporting team? If you think people sit around and discuss work related stuff from a decade previous you're crazy.
You think it went like:

BRE: Hi Officer, how was your week?

Officer: Good mate, still can't catch that Claremont killer, wouldn't want to lend us an ear so I can run a few things past you?

I thought the conversation was " Did you know the goal post are in line with Hakea and the Cottesloe surf club "

"Prosecutors have also alleged a knife found in the area where Jane Rimmer’s body was discovered in Wellard 55 days after she vanished on 9 June in 1996, was similar to knives found in the accused’s toolbox. "

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cl...s-dna-under-ciaras-fingernails-ng-b881110356z

My thoughts on what Yovich might say ' Yes your Honour that is indeed a Telstra knife. My client denies it is his and records will indicate he asked for a replacement in 1998. That a knife has been found is not disputed but we dispute it has any connection to the current accused''

My thoughts on what Yovich might say ' Yes your Honour that is indeed a Telstra knife. My client denies it is his and records will indicate he asked for a replacement in 1998. That a knife has been found is not disputed but we dispute it has any connection to the current accused''
Or He had the 2 that he was issued and kept them in his glovebox.

When he was raided they found two other Telstra issued knives at his residence, it would suggest that obtaining these knives isn’t that difficult and there might not have even been a formal process.

Government owned enterpises were lax with equipment back then, I know that vline just had store rooms where employees just helped themselves to what they needed (subsequently a lot of tools were being sold at markets).

Perhaps if someone on here that has worked at telecom/Telstra during that period could clarify if they were just as lax?

In any event I doubt that there would still be records decades later for the procurement of such a minor item in the scheme of things.

When he was raided they found two other Telstra issued knives at his residence, it would suggest that obtaining these knives isn’t that difficult and there might not have even been a formal process.

Government owned enterpises were lax with equipment back then, I know that vline just had store rooms where employees just helped themselves to what they needed (subsequently a lot of tools were being sold at markets).

Perhaps if someone on here that has worked at telecom/Telstra during that period could clarify if they were just as lax?

In any event I doubt that there would still be records decades later for the procurement of such a minor item in the scheme of things.
Absolutely correct

My point is unless forensics says different the knife is a nothing burger. There was/is a Telstra box close by, its coincidental until shown otherwise

The West Australian weekend edition has a very interesting front page today! Huge banner headline indicating ........top cop in footy team with the accused.

hmmmm didn't someone write about that on here very recently? Previous to that I had suggested the accused might have connected with police in a social sense keeping his ear to the ground. I do certainly hope there were no loose lips sinking ships!
yep, that would be me :)

Regarding the knife, defense will need to give better than a plausible explanation for it being there because all the little things add up. They need to convince the jury it didn't belong to the accused. Good luck.

BTW there would have been plenty of Telecom employees that carried that type of knife and drove that model Holden at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back