Discussion Round 1, 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to tell. I see what you mean though.

Fun fact. That games was one of two times that we wore gold shorts, but the only time we wore them with the peril...

This combo looks horrible, but the other is glorious

Was clash worn in Richmond-Carlton last year?
Fingers crossed we see yellow!

I highly doubt we will see the clash.

The club hasn't really taken to it post '17 (we even did a run of normal home jumper premiership jumpers) and the AFL still don't seem to see the big 4 as clashes.

In the lead up to the round 1 matchup between Carlton and Richmond I have such excitement and anticipation for what the upcoming season will bring. Then I see white shorts as the only point of difference between the teams and remember that, because the AFL is still in charge, I will never be satisfied with the clash policy, fixturing, MRP, and administration in general.

Then I proceed to watch at least three games a week anyway.

Can't we go back to that system of copy & pasting the little images of the jumpers in the thread as our predictions for the jumper tipping?
Was great but may have been abused by people editing post-the-fact
It could work if someone was able to compile the submissions at a certain time each week but then we're almost at the tipping site again anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I highly doubt we will see the clash.

The club hasn't really taken to it post '17 (we even did a run of normal home jumper premiership jumpers) and the AFL still don't seem to see the big 4 as clashes.
The clash version of the Premiers Guernsey was limited edition too oddly enough, the main one sold was the home version, which can still be purchased now I think.

Was great but may have been abused by people editing post-the-fact
It could work if someone was able to compile the submissions at a certain time each week but then we're almost at the tipping site again anyway.
And people copying and pasting answers, especially when it came to unknown one off jumpers.

In other news, Shaun Burgoyne just said that the Hawks will be wearing the Legends jumper against Adelaide this week (brought his PI in to show off too)

(yes, I watch The Footy Show)
I just tuned in to see what it is like and heard someone say they will wear 8 different legends kits Mero

In other news, Shaun Burgoyne just said that the Hawks will be wearing the Legends jumper against Adelaide this week (brought his PI in to show off too)

(yes, I watch The Footy Show)
Is the Legends one the gold with brown V? Makes sense as the solid light colour would contrast more against the Crows than the stripes did back in the day.

Is the Legends one the gold with brown V? Makes sense as the solid light colour would contrast more against the Crows than the stripes did back in the day.

Yep, that's the one

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 7.10.41 pm.png

I agree that it will look nice against the Crows on Saturday. It's been a while since they've worn the stripes against them though, as far back as about 2009-ish (when the Hawk head clash was introduced) they've been wearing white in away matches to Adelaide

Yep, that's the one

View attachment 638138

I agree that it will look nice against the Crows on Saturday. It's been a while since they've worn the stripes against them though, as far back as about 2009-ish (when the Hawk head clash was introduced) they've been wearing white in away matches to Adelaide
10 years! Very back in the day!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back