Round 6 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brodie Smith > Lockhart
Setterfield > Kelly

I'll finally be down to just 1 rookie forward on field (Parker and Balta on my bench) and ill gladly play 2 rookies in defence instead for the time being.
No more than one rookie in the FWD line is probably the ideal structure at this point in the fantasy season. Just a shame you have to cull Smith to make that happen who probably has some more cash to be made.

As a Smith holder I also want to see how the dynamic in defence shakes out with Milera no longer there. Hopefully it’s good for both Laird and Smith although we’ll see. But I can certainly understand your motivation in reducing your rookie exposure in the forward line.

Butters to Ross
Duursma to Boak (via Burgess).

Heeney an alternate option to Boak but while he has a high BE, North could give up a lot of points to him (also why part of me doesn't like the 2 players going out) and he looks like a clear top 6 so the 716k price isn't actually that high.

Unfortunately I was 2k short of keeping Duursma and getting Parker to Heeney.

Next week Hately and Hayes could both be options which would be Scott and Atkins as the only viable outs there if 1 or both of those are players worth bringing in as they look to be.

Goldy to Gawn. Should of done it last week. Going to cost me $16,200 extra, plus 31 points lost. Had the dollars sitting there aswell ffs.
Yeah I dumped Goldy for ROB last week. Starting Goldy is certainly one of the reasons I’ve gotten off to a sluggish start in RDT. So it feels liberating to not have that particular grievance to deal with anymore.

Hopefully ROB doesn’t provide any headaches of his own but so far so good.

interested in petiole thoughts on grabbing a boak at 716k - a guy who is in top form - compared to waiting on guys like Menegola, Westhoff at mid 500s or even Devon Smith at mid 600s who aren't in form but have the ability to match Boak if they click.

Obviously the ? with the cheaper guys is when/how much do they click.
Westhoff is clearly role with Dixon out. I think Port want to free him up hence Marshall coming in on the weekend but the weather didnt suit Hoff scoring chances so this week will be interesting.
Menegola I have no idea but with several changes to the Geelong team could it be role and will it revert back to one allowing him his 100s?
Smith im sure will turn it around, he's not that cheap though so one to watch.

Just going to do a cash grab this week to set me up to (fingers crossed) downgrade-upgrade every week from Rd 7 into the byes.

Likely moves are

Clark --> Lockhart (if named)
Butters --> Ross

Both my traded out players are on my bench so won't have any impact on points (unless I am forced to field either Ross or Lockhart through injury/outs, but I'd probably prefer them to the outs anyway).

Surprised that Scott's BE is still so low. Have now copped three shocker scores on field with him after chasing the 93 that I missed round 1. May trade him instead of Butters if Scott is dropped, because Butters probably can get up to high 300k if I am patient with him. One of my mids need to go though to get things moving and Butters has the worst BE.

Slight worry on Ross going out for Cotchin in a week's time, but surely he has outperformed some of the jokers that were in Richmond's midfield for the first 3 rounds?

interested in petiole thoughts on grabbing a boak at 716k - a guy who is in top form - compared to waiting on guys like Menegola, Westhoff at mid 500s or even Devon Smith at mid 600s who aren't in form but have the ability to match Boak if they click.
It’s hard to see how Boak won’t finish a top 3 forward from here even if he doesn’t quite score at the same clip as he did over the first 4 rounds. Just so long as he keeps that pure mid role (seems likely) along with Port’s revamped game style. At $716K while it may not still not be overs you are certainly paying full price now.

I have a similar decision to make between Laird and Whitfield this week as my Milera replacement. Although I have the cash for Whit I still think it’s worthwhile to seek value where you can so will be going with Laird most likely. With so many piss poor cash cows this season we are probably going to need every penny we can scrape together.

Last edited:
Yeah I dumped Goldy for ROB last week. Starting Goldy is certainly one of the reasons I’ve gotten off to a sluggish start in RDT. So it feels liberating to not have that particular grievance to deal with anymore.

Hopefully ROB doesn’t provide any headaches of his own but so far so good.

I did the same trade last week. Not something I'd normally do, but it's working out so far and it freed up a lot of cash for other trades.

Thinking about upping Rozee to a premo. His BE is 77 and he's only had 1 amazing score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Upgrade Rozee next week?
Possibly. It really depends how he goes against Norf. With a 74 (his average), he'd drop $1.9k but would have a 47 BE the week after.

Edit: Oh yeah, if it wasn't clear from my other post, I'd be trading Cousins to Jack Ross, not Seb haha.

It’s hard to see how Boak won’t finish a top 3 forward from here even if he doesn’t quite score at the same clip as he did over the first 4 rounds. Just so long as he keeps that pure mid role (seems likely) along with Port’s revamped game style. At $716K while it may not still not be overs you are certainly paying full price now.

I have a similar decision to make between Laird and Whitfield this week as my Milera replacement. Although I have the cash for Whit I still think it’s worthwhile to seek value where you can so will be going with Laird most likely. With so many piss poor cash cows this season we are probably going to need every penny we can scrape together.
I also need to find a Milera replacement. I have been toying around with options and if I move on Cousins to Ross I can go Milera to Lloyd. I was also concerned about Ross' JS but if I get Hately now I need another option as I can't afford Lloyd. One option was to roll Rozee back to def and get Boak. He will likely be available cheaper in a couple of weeks though. I actually hadn't considered Laird mainly because he is horribly out of form. Has been fumbling, missing kicks, and just generally poor. And he's not all that cheap. Hopefully his touch comes back and soon.

I also need to find a Milera replacement. I have been toying around with options and if I move on Cousins to Ross I can go Milera to Lloyd. I was also concerned about Ross' JS but if I get Hately now I need another option as I can't afford Lloyd. One option was to roll Rozee back to def and get Boak. He will likely be available cheaper in a couple of weeks though. I actually hadn't considered Laird mainly because he is horribly out of form. Has been fumbling, missing kicks, and just generally poor. And he's not all that cheap. Hopefully his touch comes back and soon.
Hurn?

thought laird looked a lot better on the weekend.

For someone who is horribly out of for form Laird is still scoring well, averaging 95. Milera being out should be good for his scoring too.

I’m looking at a defensive upgrade this round too, there’s a few other decent cheaper options that could appeal. Sheppard, Stewart, Salem and Jones.

For me personally I’ve already got a few of those premiums that are likely to fall just outside that top 6, Newnes, Worpel and Taranto. I’ll also have an eye on Milera once he returns to fill D6, so most likely pony up for Laird or Sicily, to go with Whitfield, Lloyd and Witherden

For someone who is horribly out of for form Laird is still scoring well, averaging 95. Milera being out should be good for his scoring too.

I’m looking at a defensive upgrade this round too, there’s a few other decent cheaper options that could appeal. Sheppard, Stewart, Salem and Jones.

For me personally I’ve already got a few of those premiums that are likely to fall just outside that top 6, Newnes, Worpel and Taranto. I’ll also have an eye on Milera once he returns to fill D6, so most likely pony up for Laird or Sicily, to go with Whitfield, Lloyd and Witherden
Milera out won't actually affect Laird much. Milera was rolling between mid, wing and high half forward. Laird has been playing his normal role off half back. His scoring is still ok but doesn't look like to rival Lloyd or Whitfield any time soon.

I started Lllllllllllllllllloyd who is the ultimate gull. Also brought him in both AF and SC last week. It's just too painful watching Swans games if you don't own him as it's almost shameless how he racks em up and his team mates all look for him nearly every single time. And with the Swans struggling this season that ball will be in their back half ALOT. He could have a down game this week vs the Giants depending on how much they target him but long term he and Whit are clear top 2 defenders. Although you are paying top dollar for Lloyd he's almost in a category by himself so one I was prepared to make a special exception for.

I don't have Laird in any format so that's another minor reason why I'm probably choosing him over Whit who I already own in AF and SC as well as Hurn who I started in SC. I don't think it hurts to diversify risk across the total fantasy portfolio rather than owning the same players in every single format.

Last edited:
Milera out won't actually affect Laird much. Milera was rolling between mid, wing and high half forward. Laird has been playing his normal role off half back. His scoring is still ok but doesn't look like to rival Lloyd or Whitfield any time soon.

Agree that Milera has been rotated a fair bit, from what I’ve seen he’s still spending a decent amount of time in the back half, looking at his heat maps tells a similar story. The Crows really looked for Milera a lot, it only takes Laird to get on the end of an extra few +6s to make a huge difference to his scoring.

Lloyd and Whitfield are the clear cut two at the moment, and it would suck not having both of them. At his price you're paying a decent premium, there are very few players at ~800k, I’d be willing to trade for this early in the season.

Laird with the 100k savings, I look at it as Lloyd needing to outscore Laird from now by 15points per game. Noting that Lloyd could be close to highest price at the moment and the potential to pick him up cheaper a little later on too.

However this type of thinking has backfired on me before, I got caught out not owning Docherty for 2/3 of the year waiting for him to have a bad game.

Good luck which ever way you go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back