Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this clothing item of been in the items removed from BRE house after arrest, and has now been confirmed as older telstra uniform, which gives possibility it could of been worn during the commission of the crimes?

If it was found at his house after arrest how did another telstra worker get a hold of it?

"However, as Bradley Robert Edwards listened intently from the dock, she did reveal the item was a piece of clothing obtained from a Telstra worker from the 1990s. "

It could also be hair fibres rather than cloth fibres they are checking for.

the above quote doesn't mean it wasn't BRE's telstra item. it just shows that the item was was obtained from a telstra employee, of which BRE was one. if the uniform item came from another telstra tech, why would they be looking for hair fibers to compare? there would be no fibers from a victim or from BRE if this item belonged to some one else. all it could do if this was the case is suggest fibers found on the bodies/at crime scene are consistent with this telstra uniform item. also if this is the case why all the secrecy?

the above quote doesn't mean it wasn't BRE's telstra item. it just shows that the item was was obtained from a telstra employee, of which BRE was one. if the uniform item came from another telstra tech, why would they be looking for hair fibers to compare? there would be no fibers from a victim or from BRE if this item belonged to some one else. all it could do if this was the case is suggest fibers found on the bodies/at crime scene are consistent with this telstra uniform item. also if this is the case why all the secrecy?

Correct. The prosecution has been deliberately ambiguos and wishy washy with the wording of the information released citing as usual "operational integrity"..deliberately.makes it very hard for us punters to speculate what it might be, where it has come from and why so recently.....makes it very hazardous to have a stab at it.....

any telstra techs on this thread that would of been around in the 90s? what items could of constituted uniform as “utilised by technicians at that time”? considering the current idea of cause of death, and that a telstra knife was found near the crime scene in wellard, would a belt pouch for the knife be classed as a "uniform item"? did telstra supply a belt pouch with the knife? what items of uniform would a technician have that other employees wouldn't have?

Naughty Op Shop for selling it to you. Big no no selling uniforms as people can impersonate staff and do all sorts of things because people trust someone in uniform. Where have I heard that before?
I've seen numerous Op Shop's here in Perth selling brand new uniforms, Overalls, and Polo shirts with company logos here in Perth. I think they're probably dumped by companies that either lose contracts to supply clothing, or are sample pieces from companies that failed to win tenders. Some were brand new Bisley brand shirts in the pattern of a major banking company. The logos on most are big mining companies. Some are government authorities and hospitals. There was a stack of brand new coveralls at Good Sammy's in Gosnells. Most of the Polo shirts were at Good Sammy's in Cannington. Good quality too, if you didn't mind the embroidered logos. If you did, then they make excellent rags for polishing the car anyway.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I've seen numerous Op Shop's here in Perth selling brand new uniforms, Overalls, and Polo shirts with company logos here in Perth. I think they're probably dumped by companies that either lose contracts to supply clothing, or are sample pieces from companies that failed to win tenders. Some were brand new Bisley brand shirts in the pattern of a major banking company. The logos on most are big mining companies. Some are government authorities and hospitals. There was a stack of brand new coveralls at Good Sammy's in Gosnells. Most of the Polo shirts were at Good Sammy's in Cannington. Good quality too, if you didn't mind the embroidered logos. If you did, then they make excellent rags for polishing the car anyway.

I know but strict instructions NOT to. I ran several large op shops for years for Salvos and another charity and we were told to try and remove badging if not possible throw out. I once had whole wardrobe of a major banks uniform from a well meaning person but had to bin the lot, perfect condition. Many volunteers just wouldn't follow policy so constant checks needed to be done. I've also had security companies uniforms, binned also. All binned clothes went to be sold as rags.

Have never worked for Telstra.

How about a Telstra sunhat, cap or protective helmet?

considering crimes were committed at night, what fiber evidence would you need from a hat? and why the secrecy unless you can directly tie BRE hat to the scene? otherwise you could just say fibers similar to a telstra hat, of the kind which would of been issued to the accused around 199x. secrecy to me suggests they want to tie off chain of evidence/ownership of this item, and it hasn't been completed yet. to get chain of evidence/ownership of the item means that particular item is required, not just one of those items in general. Eg, BRE hat vs random similar hat. if this is the case, then they potentially have a significant find.

considering crimes were committed at night, what fiber evidence would you need from a hat?

Could the killer of the three victims have worn a hat during the placements of the deceased in their final positions .

Noting that we can't yet rule out that maybe one of the victims bodies was disposed of during daylight hours.

Or that a hat might have been worn at night in an attempt to assist mask the killers identity.

any telstra techs on this thread that would of been around in the 90s? what items could of constituted uniform as “utilised by technicians at that time”? considering the current idea of cause of death, and that a telstra knife was found near the crime scene in wellard, would a belt pouch for the knife be classed as a "uniform item"? did telstra supply a belt pouch with the knife? what items of uniform would a technician have that other employees wouldn't have?
image.jpeg
Something like this?

"Designed specifically for telecom installers with 18 essential tools in a handy belt kit.
Head to the job site with this tool kit and you'll be confident you have the tools necessary to do the job. In this handy belt kit are 18 of the most popular tools for voice and data network installation"
https://tecratools.com/pages/telecom/80150.html

Edit to add link and description

Last edited:
This is the type of clothing my old school friend's used to wear when he was a Telecom technician.
He also had a jacket. I suppose the nice gear would've been when he worked indoors on clients premises.
Anyhow, my old school friend did say that the accused worked on the team that did emergency repairs. Everyone wanted to be on that team, because you got called out to jobs at anytime, even in the middle of the night, so they got overtime money and on call allowance. My old School friend worked in the other team that was managed by the accused dad. They didn't get to go on any emergency call outs, so they were always jealous of the accused team. They were the privileged mob, he said. When the redundancies came, they were immune from the pressure from Telstra. Telstra even moved my old school friend into working in a windowless building on Wellington St. These were the pressure tactics Telstra used to encourage technicians to take the voluntary redundancy offer. In the end Geoff took the redundancy, but to show how wasteful Telstra was, they had just given him a cupboard of new clothes. I imagine that a techie like my old school friend finally found someone to take their old new clothes off their hands.
0e07450ea00ca3c832e85ef327c7caef.jpg

View attachment 661428
Something like this?

"Designed specifically for telecom installers with 18 essential tools in a handy belt kit.
Head to the job site with this tool kit and you'll be confident you have the tools necessary to do the job. In this handy belt kit are 18 of the most popular tools for voice and data network installation"
https://tecratools.com/pages/telecom/80150.html

Edit to add link and description
Or something like this that has a pouch made of a more woven fabric that looks like it might be stickier when it comes to fibres getting stuck to it.

https://tecratools.com/pages/telecom/84603.html
And let's say you stabbed someone with your Telecom knife and put the wiped, but not 100% cleaned knife back into the pouch (which could be called clothing, considering it's worn). I doubt that happened but you never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a quick scout over on YouTube and came across some old school 1990's telecom Australia ads.
Gives you a pretty good idea of the uniform. One thing that features in almost every scene is the telecom safety helmet. Think you could be onto something with that BFew

old school 1990's telecom ..... One thing that features in almost every scene is the telecom safety helmet.

Head with no helmet on rests on car seat head rest or in back of wagon for an afternoon nap or sandwich bag #*%!
Head gets fibres from head seat in hair.
Later work headgear goes on head and fibres from car seat head test or back of wagon get deposited in headgear.
Wadya reckon?

Head with no helmet on rests on car seat head rest or in back of wagon for an afternoon nap or sandwich bag #*%!
Head gets fibres from head seat in hair.
Later work headgear goes on head and fibres from car seat head test or back of wagon get deposited in headgear.
Wadya reckon?

Unlike someone else's sambo bag mines empty you've rendered me speechless!
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

All systems go for the trial then a piece of evidence materialises that needs to be tested , could lead to delays... a part of a uniform that seems to have been completly forgotten about { It was standard issue , apparently }
This all seems legit to me

I imagine there’s more than one way that the prosecution could try and delay the trial if they really wanted too.

If we’re lucky we’ll find out just how rouge the herring is at some point down the track.

Trying to catch up ... has the judge approved a delay?
All systems go for the trial then a piece of evidence materialises that needs to be tested , could lead to delays... a part of a uniform that seems to have been completly forgotten about { It was standard issue , apparently }
This all seems legit to me

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I think he's always had access to a Telstra vehicle and l think the question will be asked at some point, would he even have managed to get any girls in his car without it and the Telstra image?
Probably not imo. Especially not after Sarah vanished.
Perhaps any incidents other than the allegation regarding Ciara, that may have occurred in 1997 did not happen whilst the accused drove a Telstra connected vehicle.

I think he's always had access to a Telstra vehicle and l think the question will be asked at some point, would he even have managed to get any girls in his car without it and the Telstra image?
Probably not imo. Especially not after Sarah vanished.

The police were searching for a white station wagon. That may have been non Telstra vehicle. The Feb directions transcript detail he had access to Telstra vehicles for business and personal use from 1990.

Page 43 para 109 plus. Also details during period of Telstra living witness between 1995 and 1997 evidence he also had access to other Telstra vehicles.

The driving time in the day was extremely similar

Clara approx 58km, Jane approx 48km from Stirling and Stirling.

Could Sarah be 53 minutes away?

It is the distance to each disposal site that is relevant. To Ciara exactly 46kms not 45 and not 47. The Huntingdale victim alleged attack on 15 Feb 88 occurred on day 46.

Edit to add. 1996 anniversary of Sarahe's abduction to Ciara's 1997 abduction is 28 days. The accused commenced employment with Telecom on 28 January 1986 - detailed in Feb directions transcript. Therefore a
nniversary of commencement date to Ciara's abduction was 46 days. She was placed at 46kms from her abduction point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back