Oh, Shane Mumford....

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the idea of big guys throwing their weight around. I've always liked that about Mumford.

But why is Mumford doing s**t like this to little guys who won't be able to return the favour next time they meet?

Try this against a Preuss or a McEvoy or even a Hawkins.

Not against Murphy who is a midget by AFL standards.

Very disappointing. Throw the book at him, I say.

It was a legal bump with the ball in play. I don't see why the outrage and the hanging by media he is receiving. You play football you expect that might happen to you.
He has form. Mitch Duncan in 2017

But why is Mumford doing **** like this to little guys who won't be able to return the favour next time they meet?

He barrelled Jack Riewoldt once when he was attempting a mark, but Jack's not the type to get up and pop him. Especially when he's groggy from a head knock.

This will be interesting because Murphy went to hospital, and the AFL hates that. Mumford caught him late and with his usual intent to hurt.

Quite a few incidents this week that will test the AFL's capacity for consistency. We know they will fail once again. The lack of media coverage of Cripps' two-fisted jumper punch that felled Finlayson says the Brownlow favourite gets off with a fine.

It was a legal bump with the ball in play. I don't see why the outrage and the hanging by media he is receiving. You play football you expect that might happen to you.
I agree.

But since we play GWS this week I hope he gets rubbed out!

He doesn't ******* need to it's a contact sport
Why do you NEVER see Mumford apply similar tackles / contact on players of his own size? Instead he goes the little man, e.g., Liberatore, Duncan, Murphy BECAUSE HE CAN.

He is nothing but a thug of the highest order

I like his physicality and wish we had someone like him so don't want to be a hypocrite here.

He wasn't going the ball though and went in to a player who was already down, with the intention to hurt him. Murph was wide open.

It wasn't tough in any way and was a fairly cheap shot. I won't complain if he gets off but won't feel sorry if he cops a week either.

Reckless, low contact, high severity. What does that equal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He barrelled Jack Riewoldt once when he was attempting a mark, but Jack's not the type to get up and pop him. Especially when he's groggy from a head knock.

This will be interesting because Murphy went to hospital, and the AFL hates that. Mumford caught him late and with his usual intent to hurt.

Quite a few incidents this week that will test the AFL's capacity for consistency. We know they will fail once again. The lack of media coverage of Cripps' two-fisted jumper punch that felled Finlayson says the Brownlow favourite gets off with a fine.

Cripps incident doesn’t even warrant a fine based on Ablett, Ablett, Dusty and Fyfe being able to throw elbows. Finlayson took a page out of the Rance book of exaggeration there.

Cripps incident doesn’t even warrant a fine based on Ablett, Ablett, Dusty and Fyfe being able to throw elbows. Finlayson took a page out of the Rance book of exaggeration there.

The AFL has put its players on notice that every player who punches an opponent will be either suspended or fined this year.
"For a whole range of reasons we want to get rid of punching from the game. The message when we go and see the clubs is don’t do it. If you do it and it doesn’t get to low impact, we are still going to get you" [, Hocking said].

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/9f39dcb93dde97d1c6fba91d6638b3bf

Don't get me wrong, I like Cripps. He will get off with a fine. But the jumper punch will be back with a vengeance.

de Boer is owning all the stars. Martin, Dangerfield and Cripps lash out... but only one of them gets suspended.

I like his physicality and wish we had someone like him so don't want to be a hypocrite here.

He wasn't going the ball though and went in to a player who was already down, with the intention to hurt him. Murph was wide open.

It wasn't tough in any way and was a fairly cheap shot. I won't complain if he gets off but won't feel sorry if he cops a week either.

Reckless, low contact, high severity. What does that equal?
You should. It was weak and one of your veterans, a smaller dude by AFL standards, ended up in hospital.

I like Mumford and his physicality. But you cannot take players out of the game like that.

Could have killed Sydney Stack iirc

Wasn’t going for the ball and he always takes out little guys. Severe outcome so suspect he will get a suspension.

I'm genuinely surprised that he has gotten away with this.

What the ****?

Joke of a competition.

If I didn't grow up playing and watching footy, there's no way I'd bother with this farce.

As it is, well, what else am I gonna do?

Honest to god, the state of the competition's tribunal and match review system is deplorable.

Mumford made late contact with excessive force causing significant injury, but Daisy Thomas is at the Tribunal for calling the umpire a cheat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back