MRP / Trib. Shane McAdam Bump on Jacob Wehr

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Very similar to Kossie Pickett on Bailey Smith. Could be set for a holiday.

3-4 weeks

Last edited:

Didn't hit the head. I think if they start rubbing these out you have to start thinking about simply outlawing the bump.

All this bump does is prove it is possible to hit hard and clean and not injure a player.
It’s pretty hard to argue that there is no contact to the head. You can say that the majority is to the chest but there is clearly shoulder on head here.

Attachments

• 2FAAC72E-2348-4FBE-B400-487D04B43AEB.png
    2FAAC72E-2348-4FBE-B400-487D04B43AEB.png
    662.7 KB · Views: 103
It’s pretty hard to argue that there is no contact to the head. You can say that the majority is to the chest but there is clearly shoulder on head here.

I'm always iffy on blurry still shots that can look like X from one view but Y from another.

Looking at replays I don't see the head contact but I'm absolutely happy to be proven wrong by more conclusive evidence. I'm not saying yours doesn't look like what you are describing but I'd be more comfortable to concede the point if there was an image from 2 other angles that show the same.

As I said, I'm not above changing my view on the matter.

The tough thing about a front on bump to the body is that the head rolls forward into the shoulder with momentum. It’s almost unavoidable.

Can't bump from behind and in a 360 degree game such as ours deciding what's from the side or not would be a nightmare.

May as well ban the bump and make the game safer (as well as for lower leagues)

I'm always iffy on blurry still shots that can look like X from one view but Y from another.

Looking at replays I don't see the head contact but I'm absolutely happy to be proven wrong by more conclusive evidence. I'm not saying yours doesn't look like what you are describing but I'd be more comfortable to concede the point if there was an image from 2 other angles that show the same.

As I said, I'm not above changing my view on the matter.
There is no head contact. The impact is to the chest it’s why the head flicks forward on impact.

I can't believe that in one round of footy, after all the media about Gary Ablett and other players revealing their problems, thay two players have tried to bump their opponent with moves that belong in the WWE.
And equally the grading of Pickett’s bump would appear “lite”

I can't believe that in one round of footy, after all the media about Gary Ablett and other players revealing their problems, thay two players have tried to bump their opponent with moves that belong in the WWE.
And the 100 plus players suing clubs and AFL. Just shows ignorance

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stopped, propped and then drove leading with the shoulder - and connected with Wehr’s head.

anyone saying he didn’t hit the head and that it was a perfect front on bump is an idiot.

absolutely unnecessary cheap shot.
I'm not sure he hit the head though. There's one angle with grainy footage, everything else looks like it's to the chest.

There is no such thing as a good front on bump. A shirtfront has always been illegal in footy, it's rarely paid though.

This is an outcome vs action case

Remove this Banner Ad

Back