McCartin v McAdams

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL just blatant now. The AFL team has a player suspension overturned with finals coming up.
Not surprising though, the legups just continue.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

What alternate world gave we stumbled into where suddenly a player can elect to bump, crack an opponents cheek, and this is not a suspension?

Players from other teams are getting 3 weeks for dangerous tackles right now.

This was a suspension in 1996, let alone today.

I am frustrated that he was even allowed to take his kick. We have to be cautious.

I think you can both be happy your player got off AND refrain from calling a player who sustained an injury an idiot. Get defensive if you like.
Again, I'm not celebrating.

This should never have gone to MRP. Makes a laughing stock of the league.

And yes, I stick by the "idiot" tag of McAdams. At no justification is headbutting a shoulder a good idea.

What alternate world gave we stumbled into where suddenly a player can elect to bump, crack an opponents cheek, and this is not a suspension?

I would agree with you completely, except he didn't elect to bump, so everything you write after that is moot.

And, again, theres no evidence the cracked cheekbone occurred during this impact. Quit the victimhood.

It wasn’t a bump. He decelerated at 43%. Did everything in his power to not injure him a free kick was sufficient and was given

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL were never letting Swans head into finals without him lol
Why did the MRO, employed by the AFL give him two weeks then? If they wanted to "fix" the outcome they'd quash it at that point, like saying Cotchin had no case to answer in the Prelim when he KOd Shiel while shiel had the ball.

LOL LOL LOL tell that to the Doctor that operated on Shane's cheekbone to push it back in place...how ridiculous to assert it wasn't McCartin's hit to Shane's head that didn't to the damage....Get real.

Where was the HIA then? Fox was injured in a similar one with Mitch Duncan.

Why did the MRO, employed by the AFL give him two weeks then? If they wanted to "fix" the outcome they'd quash it at that point, like saying Cotchin had no case to answer in the Prelim when he KOd Shiel while shiel had the ball.
For optics so they could just overturn it later probably? We all know they need you firing for their mission to conquer NSW. You let them down big time in last years granny

McAdam suspended for potential to cause injury, despite their arguably being no head contact and ball in dispute.

McAdam receives an actual facial injury from a player running past the ball and making contact to the head. No suspension.

Someone explain that for me.
McAdams elected to bump when he could have tackled. Not only did he elect to bump, he dangerously jumped at his opponent.

McCartin was just in the way when McAdams over ran a ball that Warnie would be proud of how much it turned.

Pretty simple

you're kidding yourself if you're comparing that previous McAdam 'bump' to this.

That previous citing, it was evident to all McAdam leapt with every sinew of his being into his opponent. Quit it with the SA Victim mentality. It's tedious.
Is it illegal to bump someone? It's not.
McAdam laid a hard bump. To the chest. There was no injury. MASSIVE difference to a bump to the head that injured the player.

FTR I'm not convinced McCartin deserves a suspension, but out of the two, McCartin's was worse than McAdam's. McAdam remains the only player suspended for 'potential' to cause injury through a bump. I think it's fair to ask questions.

Just when you think the scoring farce couldn’t be upstaged the AFL says “Hold my beer”
The MRO / Tribunal is an absolute shitfight….
It could not be more dysfunctional if it tried.
You’ve just gotta shake your head in bemusement
Clearly AFC haven't worked out how to pay off Gil behind closed doors...

McAdams elected to bump when he could have tackled. Not only did he elect to bump, he dangerously jumped at his opponent.

McCartin was just in the way when McAdams over ran a ball that Warnie would be proud of how much it turned.

Pretty simple
That's about as delusional as it gets. Poor McCartin was just standing around minding his own business when that horrible McAdam ran into him.

McAdam suspended for potential to cause injury, despite their arguably being no head contact and ball in dispute.

McAdam receives an actual facial injury from a player running past the ball and making contact to the head. No suspension.

Someone explain that for me.
Shows how farcical the tribunal process is.

Complete chook lotto.

They are not even attempting to be equitable to all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back