Rules North v Sydney Round 10 Interchange Mistake

Remove this Banner Ad

That was insane and pretty irionic!

From Wiki if anyone remembers 2008

Sydney played in a controversial draw against North Melbourne at Telstra Dome in round 6 2008; it was later revealed that Sydney had nineteen men on the field for a brief period of play before, during and after the behind that tied the scores was scored.[13] As a direct consequence of this, the league amended the interchange laws in round 9, appointing interchange stewards to police the players and to signal to the field umpires if an infringement has occurred. Any infringement now results in a free kick being awarded.

A COSTLY North Melbourne interchange infringement in the final minute has gifted Sydney a much-needed three-point victory in a thriller.

Swans tall Hayden McLean was awarded a free kick for the Kangaroos' error and converted from point-blank range to seal the 14.9 (93) to 14.6 (90) win at Marvel Stadium.

KANGAROOS v SWANS Full match coverage and stats

The penalty came when Liam Shiels and Will Phillips left the ground and were replaced by Will Powell and Hugh Greenwood.

The two interchanges took North Melbourne over the maximum 75 for the game.

Last edited:
That was insane and pretty irionic!

From Wiki if anyone remembers 2008

Sydney played in a controversial draw against North Melbourne at Telstra Dome in round 6 2008; it was later revealed that Sydney had nineteen men on the field for a brief period of play before, during and after the behind that tied the scores was scored.[13] As a direct consequence of this, the league amended the interchange laws in round 9, appointing interchange stewards to police the players and to signal to the field umpires if an infringement has occurred. Any infringement now results in a free kick being awarded.
Oh don't worry, North supporters more than remember that one. It gets mentioned every time we play them.

• Admin
Oh don't worry, North supporters more than remember that one. It gets mentioned every time we play them.
Terrible way to lose through no fault of the players. Someones head should roll.

This day just keeps getting worse.
I dunno what to say, you couldn’t make this s**t up, If you don’t drink it might be a good time to start.
Do you guys have any footage yet?

I dunno what to say, you couldn’t make this s**t up, If you don’t drink it might be a good time to start.
Do you guys have any footage yet?

Still on the way home from Marvel but have already decided to start drinking when I get in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still on the way home from Marvel but have already decided to start drinking when I get in.
What was it like at the ground if I may ask? You guys really stepped up and did yourselves proud I thought..I’m still gobsmacked by that finish I actually screamed for my family to come and ‘OMG LOOK AT THIS’

What was it like at the ground if I may ask? You guys really stepped up and did yourselves proud I thought..I’m still gobsmacked by that finish I actually screamed for my family to come and ‘OMG LOOK AT THIS’

Pretty wild. No one knew what the free was for, so it was a chorus of boos and fans were chucking rubbish on the ground from the stands.

Pretty wild. No one knew what the free was for, so it was a chorus of boos and fans were chucking rubbish on the ground from the stands.
Do they show the decision on the big screen? To explain to people there what happened?

Do they show the decision on the big screen? To explain to people there what happened?
Nah, I only knew when my old man called me after the game to tell me. Wasn't communicated to the fans at all, most of the players didn't have a clue either.

Nah, I only knew when my old man called me after the game to tell me. Wasn't communicated to the fans at all, most of the players didn't have a clue either.
Well that’s pretty dumb. At least on tv we got an explanation.

A COSTLY North Melbourne interchange infringement in the final minute has gifted Sydney a much-needed three-point victory in a thriller.

Swans tall Hayden McLean was awarded a free kick for the Kangaroos' error and converted from point-blank range to seal the 14.9 (93) to 14.6 (90) win at Marvel Stadium.

KANGAROOS v SWANS Full match coverage and stats

The penalty came when Liam Shiels and Will Phillips left the ground and were replaced by Will Powell and Hugh Greenwood.

The two interchanges took North Melbourne over the maximum 75 for the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back