MRP / Trib. Pickett Kicked Kemp After He Took The Hanger (Carl V Melb)

Remove this Banner Ad

If you honestly think he's getting cited for a slight tap of a foot, good luck. Odd thing to do but it's not an MRP issue.

It's not "odd", its unacceptable.

Regardless of the level of force, he kicked him.

As we have seen with the tackles issue, its the action not the outcome they are looking at these days.

No matter how stupid, or how bad a look, at some point there just isn't enough impact for it to be reportable. This is way too soft.

Unless you wanted to go for "bringing the game into disrepute" but even that is a huge stretch.

I don't understand the current obsession with wanting people rubbed out. Leave that crap for Jon Ralph or wowee boy.

If I understand the grading system (and there's no real indication that anyone at AFL House does), it'd be Intentional, Low Impact, Body which would grade it as a fine.
It doesn't deserve any more than a slap on the wrist, but there's gotta be some scope for the "don't be a tosser" message to be sent.

Pickett is a w***er on field - one of those who is the first to throw a shoulder out after someone has disposed of it, first to get in an opponents face with that stupid clapping/head rubbing fad that’s in the game right now - but this is nothing.

Yes it’s typical of his sportsmanship but you can’t cite that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I understand the grading system (and there's no real indication that anyone at AFL House does), it'd be Intentional, Low Impact, Body which would grade it as a fine.
It doesn't deserve any more than a slap on the wrist, but there's gotta be some scope for the "don't be a tosser" message to be sent.
I kinda of agree in your assessment but its also too low an impact to be assessed. But I do really like the "dont be a dickhead" tax idea. Its such a stupid action that shouldnt happen

Pay a 50 as he was clearly trying to knock the ball out of Kemp's hands but yeah, I don't think this needs to go to the tribunal.

Pickett should be cited by the MRO for trying to kick the ball out of Kemp's arms when he was on the ground after taking that hanger.

If you have the game on tape/Kayo etc, go and have a second look, it's in the slow-mo replay.
Amazed Kemp lived through this, one of the most violent acts I've ever witnessed in world sport.

There's obviously bugger all in it, but just why?
If one of my players did that, I wouldn't have a problem with them getting a fine. Just for the AFL to draw attention to it and say 'hey, we see all the stupid little things you guys do, so stop it'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back