Pickett bump on Cripps

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think you're up to date with the rules.
If you elect to bump and hit him high, you're responsible.

A clash of heads makes no difference

He can and will blamed for it because he got him high.
Some people just don't get it do they.

That shows exactly what I said. He should be suspended based on current interpretations but can't be because of the Maynard result. The tribunal's hands are going to be tied on this one.
Maynard is a completely different scenario. This is a bump.

Be interesting to see how Goodwin sees this. If he has even a shred of integrity he'll have a go pretty hard at Pickett like he went at Maynard. Pickett's was a dirty hit though, only difference.
Ill tell you what.. I bet he won't.

We won't hear anything from the Melbourne coterie this week criticising their little thug sniper Pickett.

Crickets out of Melbourne. Morally bankrupt the lot of them.

Maynard is a completely different scenario. This is a bump.

Very poorly executed smother. He was going to have his arms out but needed to tuck them into protect himself.

Will be 1 or 2 weeks depending on whether the nose was broken.

The jumper punch was a dumb move but not sure sufficient force for a week.

He was a huge liability for 3 quarters. Faux tough guys generally are.

They really don’t have to.

Malicious would require intent so would be intentional. Google the definition of malicious and you will find that the definition actually has the word intentional in it.

Careless and reckless the AFL already consider together I believe under the careless category.

malice
/ˈmalɪs/
noun
noun: malice
the desire to harm someone; ill will.
"I bear no malice towards anybody"
Similar:
spitefulnes
s
spite
LAW
wrongful intention, especially as increasing the guilt of certain offences.

Do you have a better word for a higher grading?

There’s been a precedent set in finals, not that it matters now but this gets nothing. You can argue between bump and smother but the thing is, he didn’t knock a bloke out cold, nor even daze him. No case to answer.

nothing in it, just an accident he was charging hard to pressure the player who had the ball an it is unreasonable to expect him to stop on the spot. what could he do? cut off his head?

He could've smothered the ball. And in fact of he did, he would've affected the disposal

There’s been a precedent set in finals, not that it matters now but this gets nothing. You can argue between bump and smother but the thing is, he didn’t knock a bloke out cold, nor even daze him. No case to answer.

Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pickett was trying to smother, Cripps was in his way
What would of made this interesting is if Pickett had the slightest intention at the ball. Had he of stuck his hands out and cleaned cripps up at the same time then I'd imagine the Dees would have the same argument and be fine. But the fact is he had not even looked at the ball. Chose to launch into cripps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back