MRP / Trib. Rampe Gets Two Match Suspension For Off The Ball Bump

Remove this Banner Ad

Just don't know what the swans will argue

Behind the ball incident and player concussed

Don't see any agreements for even downgrading charge

Exactly. Rampe changed direction to move in to him and block his run. The rule on choosing to bump and being responsible for any head injury has been pretty consistent over the last few years.

Don’t really understand what the confusion is with this one.

50m off the ball, bumped him and got him high. No I don’t think he intended to get him high but he did, and as we have known for years now if you bump then you have a duty of care and you are responsible if it goes wrong.

Just didn’t need to do it at all really.
As has rightfully been argued at the tribunal, Rampe is running towards where he believes the ball is going to be kicked. McNeil actually comes back and crosses into the path Rampe is running, he braces at the last minute. The fact is there are so may assumptions being made. Footage shows * all. Assuming it is head high. Concussion was delayed. Assuming it is from this incident. The charge being laid at all, assuming it was a bump and not an accidental collision. So many assumptions being made with little to no actual evidence it is laughable. In a real court, this wouldn't have even made it to courtroom.

Exactly. Rampe changed direction to move in to him and block his run. The rule on choosing to bump and being responsible for any head injury has been pretty consistent over the last few years.
or was he changing direction to cut off a potential pass? I guess we can just make another assumption seeing as what this whole thing is based off.

Its not dangerous to change direction and deliberately run in to someone and concuss them?
Lol, not even the MRO (who thought it should be two weeks) thought it was deliberate, it was graded careless.

Final word from the Tribunal;

Last edited:
Lol, not even the MRO (who thought it should be two weeks) thought it was deliberate, it was graded careless.

The MRO is a moron. Rampe changed direction and charged in to him. But it is interesting to see your stance change on dangerous incidents when its a player from your team.

Im shocked. I was so sure we would see 200 posts by you in this thread demanding Rampe be rubbed out.

The MRO is a moron. Rampe changed direction and charged in to him. But it is interesting to see your stance change on dangerous incidents when its a player from your team.

Im shocked. I was so sure we would see 200 posts by you in this thread demanding Rampe be rubbed out.
Two players running into each other is not the same as one dumping another into the turf and turning their lights out. Sorry, it just ain't.

Why are you so adamant this was deliberate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two players running into each other is not the same as one dumping another into the turf and turning their lights out. Sorry, it just ain't.

Rampe literally changed direction and went to bump. I can only assume you havent watched the video. One player had eyes for where the ball was moving to, the other only had eyes for his opponent who he wanted to bump.

A player who chooses to bump another player, collecting him high and leaving him concussed is now okay? AFL really do make it up each week.

Sydney discount is alive and well.

If the Swans had lost and were out of the finals running I dare say we would have seen a different finding.

Because Rampe admits he changed direction to block / intercept the opponents position. He choose to bump the player (said he would do it again in the same situation) fair enough, it's the right thing to do as long as it's fair and legal. But the AFL has said in the past if you choose to bump and make head high contact the duty of care is with you. So yeah he should have probably gotten a week off

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

So Mansell should've got off too.. he didn't change direction and was contesting too.

Rampe had time to change direction and avoid contact.

Rampe literally changed direction and went to bump. I can only assume you havent watched the video. One player had eyes for where the ball was moving to, the other only had eyes for his opponent who he wanted to bump.

Sydney discount is alive and well.

If the Swans had lost and were out of the finals running I dare say we would have seen a different finding.

Maddo is literally one of the worst posters here, don't even bother.

Because Rampe admits he changed direction to block / intercept the opponents position. He choose to bump the player (said he would do it again in the same situation) fair enough, it's the right thing to do as long as it's fair and legal. But the AFL has said in the past if you choose to bump and make head high contact the duty of care is with you. So yeah he should have probably gotten a week off

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Huh, interesting interpretation of his words there.

"Did you have any intention to make contact with McNeil?

Rampe: Absolutely none.

Rampe says he was trying to get to the space on the outside of McNeil's right shoulder, not to bump McNeil
."

It wasn't a bump. He didn't choose to bump. He was running to pick up a loose man, McNeil didn't realise he was there, turned to follow the ball and they collided.

Personally I think there should be some duty of care seeing as McNeil doesn't have eyes in the back of his head to know exactly where Rampe is. It's fair to say that Rampe contributed to the collision to a degree. But also remember it was a head clash, not a shoulder or an elbow.

Those other posters saying that he deliberately picked him off with a head clash are delusional.

Very strange one. I don’t think Rampe tried to pick him off and don’t think it was intentional.

Really flies in the face of what we’ve seen so far. We’ve got situations like Mansell getting three weeks when he was sprinting for the ball and Aish reaches it 0.1 seconds before him and it was supposedly avoidable and he should’ve accounted for it but this one nowhere near the play was unavoidable. Think it’s fair to say I have no idea what’s going on at the tribunal and every case is a lottery.

Just read an article in the Canberra Times. Bulldogs Chief of Medicine states McNeil came off and was winded. He also started on the ground in the 2nd quarter. This suggests that no concussion test or compulsory 15 minute sit out occurred.

It seems incredibly strange that so many are adamant that this was a head high bump when the Bulldogs themselves (who I can only presume followed the concussion protocol by reviewing vision before making a decision not to test) clearly determined there was no head knock.

Either there was no head knock or, the Bulldogs medical staff have been quite negligent in their handling of the situation.

Just read an article in the Canberra Times. Bulldogs Chief of Medicine states McNeil came off and was winded. He also started on the ground in the 2nd quarter. This suggests that no concussion test or compulsory 15 minute sit out occurred.

It seems incredibly strange that so many are adamant that this was a head high bump when the Bulldogs themselves (who I can only presume followed the concussion protocol by reviewing vision before making a decision not to test) clearly determined there was no head knock.

Either there was no head knock or, the Bulldogs medical staff have been quite negligent in their handling of the situation.

Or not all concussions present immediately. Happens a couple of times a year where someone shows symptoms well after the hit.

Some more info in this twitter thread that didn't make any of the tribunal coverage. Apparently the swans used this footage (but better quality) to argue McNeill did indeed start to change direction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back