MRP / Trib. Sam Powell-Pepper bump on Mark Keane

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s pretty well established that Maynard got off on a technicality based on the rules last year and the AFL have since amended the rule so it won’t happen again so it’s not exactly the best comparison

I’m not making a comparison
See where i said rule change

Maynard got off because of the way the AFL decided to interpret and apply it’s own rules lol.

it's like some of you forget that Shane McAdam got 3 weeks last season in Rnd 1 for laying a shirtfront that didn't hit his opponent's head and didn't concuss him

It's always the early season incidents that get the biggest heat from the tribunal

Maynard?

Especially if it's outcome based, not intent

How was it a fraction higher than severe? No broken bones, not unconcious etc

Manard's llawyer proved he was innocent at the time, I don't agree with it but the lawyer proved that. Port didn't help themselves bringing in bio mechanical experts today. The opponent was still suffering symptoms it's a fraction higher, 4 is bang on. They literally told every club all concussions would be severe a month ago, blame your brainless player going out there in a trial for goodness sakes where you don't even need to do what he did.

it's like some of you forget that Shane McAdam got 3 weeks last season in Rnd 1 for laying a shirtfront that didn't hit his opponent's head and didn't concuss him

It's always the early season incidents that get the biggest heat from the tribunal

Yer that one was s**t to.

Name me a Vic one that was rubbish? Struggling to think of one

But can name a number of light one suspensions

That's what you get for charging around like a moron in match simulation, not even a praccy. Now Port are missing their most impactful forwardline player for the first month of the year.

Can never get under 3 with severe impact, learn to read the guidelines. As soon as the bloke had ongoing concussion symptoms it's severe, so that's 3 weeks at a minimum. 4 just seems right, this was a fraction higher than just a normal severe incident

Was it though? 4 weeks certainly seems like it's a bonus week compared to what others have gotten for similar bumps. Maynard is an obvious farce but look at DeGoey getting 3 last year.

If someone knocks someone out cold, I guess we can expect 5-6 weeks. If someone breaks a cheekbone 7-8?

Or, what'll more likely happen, is they'll forget about this decision and go back to the base MRO guidelines when it suits them, and then if a suspension means a player is missing a Grand Final, they'll just throw the guidelines out and let him off.

Was it though? 4 weeks certainly seems like it's a bonus week compared to what others have gotten for similar bumps. Maynard is an obvious farce but look at DeGoey getting 3 last year.

If someone knocks someone out cold, I guess we can expect 5-6 weeks. If someone breaks a cheekbone 7-8?

Or, what'll more likely happen, is they'll forget about this decision and go back to the base MRO guidelines when it suits them, and then if a suspension means a player is missing a Grand Final, they'll just throw the guidelines out and let him off.

Was there genuine and I mean "genuine" remorse? Every other player that has come to the tribunal for severe we have all heard how sorry they were, I put my hand up, etc. You recon it's a good look trying to get experts in? 4 weeks is bang on if there is lasting concussion symptoms, 3 if it's on the weak end, this wasn't.

I assume afl will exercise its discretion to allow Salt and Pepper to serve one of his matches through their preseason game this week

Yer that one was s**t to.

Name me a Vic one that was rubbish? Struggling to think of one

But can name a number of light one suspensions
Mansell copped 3 for this
Pulled out last minute to protect himself running at full steam

Manard's llawyer proved he was innocent at the time, I don't agree with it but the lawyer proved that. Port didn't help themselves bringing in bio mechanical experts today. The opponent was still suffering symptoms it's a fraction higher, 4 is bang on. They literally told every club all concussions would be severe a month ago, blame your brainless player going out there in a trial for goodness sakes where you don't even need to do what he did.

That’s not how it works. The afl decided how it wanted to interpret and apply its own rules. It could have very easily given Maynard 4 weeks. You’re too deep into the smoke screen the afl puts up.

That’s not how it works. The afl decided how it wanted to interpret and apply its own rules. It could have very easily given Maynard 4 weeks. You’re too deep into the smoke screen the afl puts up.

The AFL asked for 3 plus weeks there. Collingwood proved that it was a footy accident, do I agree no. However this was proven categorically that it was NOT a football accident. Therefore the starting position is 3 weeks.

The AFL have definitely backed themselves into a corner. Anyone knocked out cold, even with no malice, or a broken bone now has to be 5 plus.

Next incident will be interesting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL have definitely backed themselves into a corner. Anyone knocked out cold, even with no malice, or a broken bone now has to be 5 plus.

Next incident will be interesting

They will be players have been warned

I will sleep better tonight knowing that salt and pepper is off the streets and unable to hurt anyone in meaningless preseason games this week.

Absolutely unbelievable.
4 weeks for a player getting spun/slung into you. He should have been cleared imho.

Zero intent. 100% accidental.

Disgraceful! The Power cop the rough end once again but this tops them all!
"Should've been cleared".
Port weren't challenging the action, they were asking for 3 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back