Metal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched it last night. Man how they survived on a constant diet of drugs and booze is beyond me. Was funny though in how extreme it got. Was a pretty good movie.
They went hard that's for sure. My favourite bit was the Tommy Lee montage of being on tour where he spews on the stripper.
Cracked me up

Anyone like doom metal? Came across these guys on Spotify and reckon they're good

Yeah I like it. I think. Slow and tuned down?
Really like Crowbar and Eyehategod if that's counted as Doom metal.
That band you posted sounds good. Reminds me a bit of Kyuss with heavy vocals

Yeah I like it. I think. Slow and tuned down?
Really like Crowbar and Eyehategod if that's counted as Doom metal.
That band you posted sounds good. Reminds me a bit of Kyuss with heavy vocals
Yeah slow and tuned down. Very much a blues style of doom metal. Quite like those examples you posted.

Marty Friedman playing the Bendigo hotel in Melbourne (not in Bendigo). His solo work has gotten a lot heavier since recording “scenes” while he was in Megadeth.

Anyone tried the Metallica beer? I ordered some through beercartel.com.au
Not a fan. Much prefer Iron Maiden trooper. Anyone had the Def Leppard or Anthrax or Megadeth beer?

Not a fan. Much prefer Iron Maiden trooper. Anyone had the Def Leppard or Anthrax or Megadeth beer?
Nah haven't tried any of them. Maiden one doesn't surprise me, apparently Bruce put heaps of effort into getting it right.

Oh yeah, dunno if you torrent stuff but I found scream for me Sarajevo. About Bruce going there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't the Bendigo bandroom a tad small for someone of Marty's rep? I thought he'd be doing somewhere like the Croxton at the very least? I mean, it's fantastic for the Bendigo and everyone there will be close to the action and that's what matters. But the numbers, man!

Big weekend for the 'Go. Just checking their website Chris Holmes (ex WASP) is playing the very next night. I've checked out some of his stuff on youtube - he seems a bit too washed-up these days to be fair. Dunno how that gig would pan out.

Isn't the Bendigo bandroom a tad small for someone of Marty's rep? I thought he'd be doing somewhere like the Croxton at the very least? I mean, it's fantastic for the Bendigo and everyone there will be close to the action and that's what matters. But the numbers, man!

Big weekend for the 'Go. Just checking their website Chris Holmes (ex WASP) is playing the very next night. I've checked out some of his stuff on youtube - he seems a bit too washed-up these days to be fair. Dunno how that gig would pan out.
Last time I went to the Bendigo I thought the drums were too overpowering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back