Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else finding the crowd chants so annoying? Then they start singing the song every time I kick a few goals. It’s so frustrating

If I were Tru Blu I'd be pissed the AFL aren't advertising this yet. They should have it front and centre on their webpage advertising to everyone to play their own season from home etc., having players play a tournament etc.
Now is the perfect time when everyone is stuck at home bored, they'd make a killing on sales.

Smashing the Swans and Cats by 200+ points is a good thing even on the highest difficulty setting. Every sports game has AI that has a set pattern that you can take advantage of. Even Aussie Rules Footy on the NES (tap ball to rover, kick and mark ball on forward 50, goal - every 13 seconds!), all the cricket games. Even the high profile games get easy very quickly (madden, fifa, nba 2k).

yup, once you get good at NBA2K It’s all fairly systematic, it’s just practice.

Will do. I asked instore (Canning Vale) yesterday and they said they had no copies yet.
I ended up ordering from JB today (Online)
Yesterday it said delivery would be late April, then went on again this morning and said Delivery by Wednesday (must have some stock in a WA distribution centre), I'll take that.

Bug

Playing consecutive matches in competition mode: Lineups and game setups i.e quarter length resets and is set into wack. a bit annoying
Yeah I found that one, it’s just annoying more than anything. Easy fix is going back into the settings.

Encountered a big error in career mode.

Got to the finals of the U/18’s and it has replaced two teams with Essendon and Gold Coast.

Now at the draft and it’s replaced one of the AFL teams with the Stingrays and I can’t progress past it, all that time put in down the drain.

Do any EB Games in WA have any Evo 2 copies yet? Because I have yet to be contacted to pick my preorder up.
I got mine from JB Gateway on Thursday.

Attachments

• 0E1EF397-A4B9-40C6-AC91-72B13ED084A2.jpeg
    0E1EF397-A4B9-40C6-AC91-72B13ED084A2.jpeg
    282.4 KB · Views: 104
Yes, I'm waiting for an honest decent review, can give a toss about graphics just need to know this game is playable and challenging.
It is both of those. Gameplay feels more smooth and realistic. Players don’t feel so light like Evo 1, which is good. More numbers around the ball which makes it more intense. Marking is more solid. I find that I’m getting more handballs out than just chipping it around. Very fast paced. So yes very enjoyable but challenging too.

Only had a quick look at it today but there’s some nice touches with the teams from the other comps - I played as my club (Sydney Uni) and whilst it still has our old alternate strip and fake names, they’ve added the club song which is pretty cool. No idea where they got it from, I got in touch with them ages ago and offered them our high res guernsey artwork, logos and sound files if they wanted them and they said it would be helpful at a later date but then never followed up. I’ll probably get around to updating names at some stage, don’t think I’d be bothered doing it for any of the other NEAFL clubs though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing on legendary since the start and almost every game is close and fun which is good, to be fair I’m in my 2nd season with some good recruits like Pendlebury, Charlie Cameron, Macmillan and I finished 14th in my first season with carlton And got absolutely *ing decimated with injuries. Game feels good on default end to end camera angle however I feel limited in switching, anyone found the perfect camera settings? 7.5 minute quarters makes for some realistic score lines btw. Haven’t touched sliders in fear of making the game too hard/easy, what have y’all adjusted?

If I were Tru Blu I'd be pissed the AFL aren't advertising this yet. They should have it front and centre on their webpage advertising to everyone to play their own season from home etc., having players play a tournament etc.
Now is the perfect time when everyone is stuck at home bored, they'd make a killing on sales.
I think once it has been released on the Playstation store and the major retailers have it in stock they will do this. Not point promoting the s**t out of it, if you can’t get enough copies out. Even by Thursday when it gets released on the store, we might have an update to fix the bugs and then the AFL will go full ham advertising.

Put it next to other sports games on PS2 at least, like Tiger Woods golf, and it’s definitely, laughably comparable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm as much of a Wicked Witch bagger as the next guy but spewing out the "PS2 graphicz lol" cliche just makes you look like a fool. You even had the perfect opportunity to claim it was hyperbole but you doubled down on it 🤦‍♂️

Encountered a big error in career mode.

Got to the finals of the U/18’s and it has replaced two teams with Essendon and Gold Coast.

Now at the draft and it’s replaced one of the AFL teams with the Stingrays and I can’t progress past it, all that time put in down the drain.
Contact them with this type of stuff so maybe can fix coding error in updates online. Assuming that is possible to fix easily and pass onto everyone.
I think we have to be realistic of those that got it already almost accept this is like beta model.

Smh you can edit the weight of a male created player but not a female. We live in glass society

There are still no public listings of AFLW player weights, only height. From a historian’s point of view, that’s sort of disappointing.

EDIT: Sorry for going o/t here, more just from a database perspective I would hate for that information to be lost to history when all the records are tallied up in future.

Last edited:
It's fact. But considering you've already made your mind up youre gonna bitch a moan and like every negative post in the thread without even playing the game I don't really give a * about explaining it to you.

It's fact. But considering you've already made your mind up youre gonna bitch a moan and like every negative post in the thread without even playing the game I don't really give a fu** about explaining it to you.

Maybe you should just follow soccer.

Is it also a cop out that English Premier League players play a whole lot of more games in a season?
That AFL clubs earn peanuts to professional European and American sports?

We should just fold Australian Football with your reasons!

just don’t understand the negativity and what effect you want it to cause?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back