List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post, a good rebuild only needs to drop down the ladder for a couple of seasons before you start making your way back up the ladder. 2019 we got McAsey with pick 6, Thilthorpe last year with pick 2 and then we will get the best mid available this year with a pick in the 4-8 range. Still a good area to grab an elite mid.

As much as we would all love more top 10 picks, we can't stay down the ladder for too long or we will end up like Carlton or Gold Coast.

We just need to hope all 3 of our high picks end up guns to make the most of the slide down the ladder - Thilthorpe looks the goods so far, McAsey still has a bit of work to do but I have faith he will come good and we need to nail our first pick this year.
But they don't all need to be good, Brisbane's only top ten hit is McCluggage traded high picks for Neale and Cameron, bust in Schache and Rayner is a year away still from his chance of ever making it.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good post, a good rebuild only needs to drop down the ladder for a couple of seasons before you start making your way back up the ladder. 2019 we got McAsey with pick 6, Thilthorpe last year with pick 2 and then we will get the best mid available this year with a pick in the 4-8 range. Still a good area to grab an elite mid.

As much as we would all love more top 10 picks, we can't stay down the ladder for too long or we will end up like Carlton or Gold Coast.

We just need to hope all 3 of our high picks end up guns to make the most of the slide down the ladder - Thilthorpe looks the goods so far, McAsey still has a bit of work to do but I have faith he will come good and we need to nail our first pick this year.
McAsey was from Carlton's pick 4 and not from ladder position which allow us to get GWS pick 9 so Carlton really help us out again and the compromised year* was the optimal opportunity to tank given the massive list clean out the previous year which allow us to get Thilthorpe so we really got lucky in this rebuild with McHenry and Fogarty showing development of our previous 1 rounders.

But they don't all need to be good, Brisbane's only top ten hit is McCluggage traded high picks for Neale and Cameron, bust in Schache and Rayner is a year away still from his chance of ever making it.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes good point. I still think it's pretty crucial to our rebuilds effectiveness to nail a gun mid with our first pick this year.

Once it is clear we are on the right track, hopefully we can start to bring in a few experienced A graders like Brisbane did with Neale and Cameron to compliment what we already have.

Thanks for answering for me. I haven't able to go to any football match for years due to health problems. I have been open about that. I was a Gold member of the Crows for 13 years and never missed a home game in that time. Went to Melbourne to watch them at least 6 times. I used to watch every single effing game on the TV for years. I read sites all the time to this day. Right now I'm p*ssed off with the know it alls on here. Anyone that dares to have an independent thought gets pounced on and ridiculed. Enough is enough, all of you take a good hard look at yourselves. I'm out for the foreseeable future. Congrats, you all have driven another one away.
Awwwww.. come on Ozzie.. please dont go.

If I was Adelaide I’d look at trading crouch for a high draft pick. I believe we need to get get some x-factor mids

It would be a sad site to see tbh, I remember being so stoked when we had Brad Crouch and then drafted Matt.

However given the transitional phase we are in at the moment, and how we have fared without him this year so far, knocking off some top teams in Cats and Demons, I think the best list management move the club could make would be to trade him.

Laird and Keays will continue to hold the fort with Sloane contributing what his body allows. Schoenberg, Berry, Pedlar, Hately is a solid enough inside cohort. Grab one of Horne/Roberts or another prolific midfielder with our first pick, and it would be lovely to have another first rounder available to try and grab Draper or the likes.

Has anyone heard some whispers that we are trying to trade for dogs first rounder with Darcy now on the radar for them?

Mutineer what's the latest with that Isaac Keeler kid, he was the big lanky ruckman that was our in academy yeah? Has he fallen off the radar?

It would be a sad site to see tbh, I remember being so stoked when we had Brad Crouch and then drafted Matt.

However given the transitional phase we are in at the moment, and how we have fared without him this year so far, knocking off some top teams in Cats and Demons, I think the best list management move the club could make would be to trade him.

Laird and Keays will continue to hold the fort with Sloane contributing what his body allows. Schoenberg, Berry, Pedlar, Hately is a solid enough inside cohort. Grab one of Horne/Roberts or another prolific midfielder with our first pick, and it would be lovely to have another first rounder available to try and grab Draper or the likes.

Has anyone heard some whispers that we are trying to trade for dogs first rounder with Darcy now on the radar for them?

Mutineer what's the latest with that Isaac Keeler kid, he was the big lanky ruckman that was our in academy yeah? Has he fallen off the radar?

Keeler played last week in the state u17 game. Kicked three goals from memory. He's a key forward, not a ruckman.

The last thing he's done it fall off the radar.

Matt is a RFA, we either match any offer other clubs put at him or we are at the mercy of the AFL's chook lotto compo system.

All indications appear to be Matt wants to stay.

An offer to a Restricted Free Agent may be matched by their Club. Should their original Club match the offer, and the Restricted Free Agent Player does not wish to remain with their original Club, they must enter the National Draft or seek a trade. Compensation in the form of AFL allocated draft picks will apply to clubs with a net loss of Free Agents, based on the formula determined by the AFL.

Draft picks will be allocated to one of five places:

• 1st round
• end of 1st round
• 2nd round
• end of 2nd round
• 3rd round

In applying the formula, an expert committee reviews the formula outcomes. The committee has the power to recommend alternative outcomes to GM – Football Operations where the formula produces a materially anomalous result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt is a RFA, we either match any offer other clubs put at him or we are at the mercy of the AFL's chook lotto compo system.

All indications appear to be Matt wants to stay.

An offer to a Restricted Free Agent may be matched by their Club. Should their original Club match the offer, and the Restricted Free Agent Player does not wish to remain with their original Club, they must enter the National Draft or seek a trade. Compensation in the form of AFL allocated draft picks will apply to clubs with a net loss of Free Agents, based on the formula determined by the AFL.

Draft picks will be allocated to one of five places:

• 1st round
• end of 1st round
• 2nd round
• end of 2nd round
• 3rd round

In applying the formula, an expert committee reviews the formula outcomes. The committee has the power to recommend alternative outcomes to GM – Football Operations where the formula produces a materially anomalous result.
Literally every single AFL rule finishes with "unless we don't want to". It's an absolute farce. Are there rules or just 'guidelines'?

Re Gold Coast players I really want Holland’s end of next year . He will be that classy mid we need that can hurt opposition and kick goals. Luko would also be great pick up as has more talent than currently showing.

Teams in for the Vic Metro vs Vic Country trial games on Sunday, form in these games likely to have a big bearing on selection for the Vic Metro and Vic Country squads for the Nationals.

TRIAL MATCH 1 – 11AM

VIC METRO

1 Harrison White (Western Jets)

2 Giorgio Varagiannis (Oakleigh Chargers)

3 Jake Soligo (Eastern Ranges)

4 Corey Preston (Eastern Ranges)

6 Josh Ward (Northen Knights)

7 Sam Clifford (Western Jets)

8 Marcus Windhager (Sandringham Dragons)

10 Joel Fitzgerald (Northen Knights)

11 Jack Newit (Calder Cannons)

12 Finn Callaghan (Sandringham Dragons)

13 Luke Cleary (Sandringham Dragons)

14 Luke Nankervis (Sandringham Dragons)

16 Liam Conway (Western Jets)

18 Blake Howes (Sandringham Dragons)

19 Mitch Owens (Sandringham Dragons)

21 Jed Rule (Oakleigh Chargers)

22 Dominic Akuei (Northen Knights)

23 Cody Raak (Western Jets)

25 Samuel Paea (Calder Cannons)

28 Sam Tucker (Calder Cannons)

29 Sam Grant (Northen Knights)

30 Dante Visentini (Sandringham Dragons)

VIC COUNTRY

1 Sam Conforti (Bendigo Pioneers)

2 Ben Hobbs (GWV Rebels)

3 Charlie Molan (GWV Rebels)

4 Joshua Rachele (Murray Bushrangers)

5 Cooper Whyte (Geelong Falcons)

6 Marcus Herbert (GWV Rebels)

7 Hamish Sinnott (GWV Rebels)

8 Harvey Gallagher (Bendigo Pioneers)

9 Miller Bergman (Dandenong Stingrays)

10 Bode Stevens (Bendigo Pioneers)

11 Zavier Maher (Murray Bushrangers)

12 Noah Gadsby (Geelong Falcons)

13 Sam Breuer (GWV Rebels)

14 Jamieson Ballantyne (GWV Rebels)

15 Oscar Faulkhead (Bendigo Pioneers)

16 Kai Lohmann (GWV Rebels)

19 Noah Bradshaw (Murray Bushrangers)

21 Joshua Gibcus (GWV Rebels)

23 Jai Neal (Dandenong Stingrays)

25 Angus Bade (GWV Rebels)

27 Josh Rentsch (GWV Rebels)

29 Achaung Agog (Murray Bushrangers)

30 Toby Conway (Geelong Falcons)

TRIAL MATCH 2 – 2PM

VIC METRO

1 Jake Arundell (Eastern Ranges)

2 Massimo D’Ambrosio (Western Jets)

3 Youseph Dib (Oakleigh Chargers)

4 Flynn Gentile (Calder Cannons)

6 Zac Taylor (Calder Cannons)

7 Lachlan Rankin (Oakleigh Chargers)

8 Darcy Wilmot (Northern Knights)

10 Paul Curtis (Western Jets)

11 Nick Daicos (Oakleigh Chargers)

12 Scott Beilby (Oakleigh Chargers)

13 Dylan Thomas (Oakleigh Chargers)

14 Luca Anderson (Oakleigh Chargers)

16 Karl Worner (Sandringham Dragons)

18 Ben De Bolfo (Northern Knights)

19 Braden Andrews (Oakleigh Chargers)

21 Joshua Goater (Calder Cannons)

22 Jackson Weatherill (Eastern Ranges)

23 Tyreece Leiu (Eastern Ranges)

25 Caleb Lewis (Sandringham Dragons)

27 Sam Darcy (Oakleigh Chargers)

28 Ben Woodfull (Oakleigh Chargers)

29 Matthew Gook (Calder Cannons)

30 Liam Podhajski (Calder Cannons)

VIC COUNTRY

1 Josiah Kyle (Dandenong Stingrays)

2 Cooper Alger (Gippsland Power)

3 Max Walton (Gippsland Power)

4 Colby Nayna (Dandenong Stingrays)

5 Cooper Hamilton (Bendigo Pioneers)

6 Connor MacDonald (Dandenong Stingrays)

7 Judson Clarke (Dandenong Stingrays)

8 Hugh Hamilton (Bendigo Pioneers)

9 Mitchell Knevitt (Geelong Falcons)

10 Blake Reid (Geelong Falcons)

11 Will Papley (Gippsland Power)

12 Will Bravo (Dandenong Stingrays)

13 Noah Gribble (Geelong Falcons)

14 James Cahill (Dandenong Stingrays)

15 Bayleigh Welsh (Dandenong Stingrays)

17 Bryce Milford (Dandenong Stingrays)

20 Lachlan Robinson (Dandenong Stingrays)

21 Jess McGrath (Gippsland Power)

24 Oscar Morrison (Geelong Falcons)

25 Justin Davies (Dandenong Stingrays)

26 Zac Tobin (Dandenong Stingrays)

29 Max Annandale (Geelong Falcons)

30 Jed Brereton (Bendigo Pioneers)

Players who were unavailable for selection for the trials due to injury included Sandringham’s Campbell Chesser (knee), Dandenong’s Mac Andrew (concussion), Gippsland’s Jai Serong (hamstring), Eastern Ranges’ Tyler Sonsie (knee) and Sandringham’s Josh Sinn (hamstring).

No ones trading a high draft pick for crouch.. hes a free agent.. they can simply take him for nothing if they really want him.

exactly the same as brad last year.

It’s not exactly the same. It depends if you don’t mind getting stuck with the player if you match and can’t work out a deal.

If we were forced to give Brad a 5 year deal we couldn’t know how his body holds up. I know Matt has been injured this year, but it’s not the same. Brad’s run of breaking down was unprecedented really from past crows players (that I can recall).

I’m definitely on board for trading Matt, but Im not desperate to get him off our list like I was with Brad.

Its an interesting conundrum the club has got itself in with Crouch and our senior mids. It seemed to me earlier in the year that either Laird or Crouch would potentially be moved on and with Laird re signing, it leaves Crouch in a precarious position. Old Crows, the make the eight and anything could happen Crows, would sign him up to a 4 year deal and trot out Crouch, Laird, Sloane and Keays at centre bounces from here on out. Will list management see the writing on the wall with our surplus of similar types and have the tough convo with Crouch about seeking a trade?

Don't get me wrong, at his his best Crouch is a more than serviceable mid. We've currently got two mids in Laird and Keays who are matching or exceeding Matts best output though, a small defender and a delisted rookie. Putting loyalties aside to me its a no brainer, If we could turn Crouch into Rankine as an example we should be doing it.

Last edited:
Its an interesting conundrum the club has got itself in with Crouch and our senior mids. It seemed to me earlier in the year that either Laird or Crouch would potentially be moved on with Laird re signing, it leaves Crouch in a precarious position. Old Crows, the make the eight and anything could happen Crows, would sign him up to a 4 year deal and trot out Crouch, Laird, and Keays at centre bounces from here on out. Will list management see the writing on the wall with our surplus of similar types and have the tough convo with Crouch about seeking a trade?

Don't get me wrong, at his his best Crouch is a more than serviceable mid. We've currently got two mids in Laird and Keays who are matching or exceeding Matts best output though, a small defender and a delisted rookie. Putting loyalties aside to me its a no brainer, If we could turn Crouch into Rankine as an example we should be doing it.
LOL

This boards infatuation with Rankine is next level, pray tell how do we turn Matt Crouch into Rankine given Matt's a Restricted Free Agent.

LOL

This boards infatuation with Rankine is next level, pray tell how do we turn Matt Crouch into Rankine given Matt's a Restricted Free Agent.
So we get no compensation then? I clearly said Rankine as an example, use the compo pick to get a player of need.

Last edited:
So we get no compensation then? I clearly said Rankine as an example, use the compo pick to a player of need.
You must be some sort of wheeler dealer is all I can say when the best we could possibly hope for would be an end of the 1st round pick with the AFL's chook lotto not likely to favour us if past history in an indicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back