List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better kick by a fair margin is one area that stands out as a point of difference between the pair.
A lot of casual observers wouldn't have seen much of Roberts too due to school commitments.

I like him though, I'd be happy to have him on the list but not with our first pick.

A lot of casual observers wouldn't have seen much of Roberts too due to school commitments.

I like him though, I'd be happy to have him on the list but not with our first pick.
Roberts was going at 90% DE in the U18's this season.

Hawks did us a huge favour with that draw. Pick 1 or 2 definitely still on the cards. We are currently the worst team going around based on form so I don't expect us to win another game this year.

He won’t be there for our 2nd pick that’s for sure, unless we get a 2nd too 10 pick. Agreed it’s a big call. Mutineer hits the nail on the head with the kicking and I’d also add decision making to that.

Jason absolutely is a great prospect and will be selected higher, but I’ve a feeling it’s the eye catching stuff rather than the nuts and bolts. I saw some vision recently that was a worry. Looked magnificent stepping 2 players but then ignored the right easy option to hand pass to 1 of either 2 free players - deciding to bomb long to a contest which was cleared easily. Just a little thing.

Roberts isn’t a human highlight reel but he just does everything well. Versatile- inside/outside, covers both ends of the field, damaging kick, good overhead , makes great decisions. I just don’t see many weakness’s to his game. My only criticism of his game that I noticed in a school match was that he hasn’t quite worked out how to shake a good tag.

Big call ? Yes for sure but happy to put it out there and be belted later on ha ha

Hawks did us a huge favour with that draw. Pick 1 or 2 definitely still on the cards. We are currently the worst team going around based on form so I don't expect us to win another game this year.
Form only lasts a week

Teams can go from good to shite, or the other way in space of a week

Today's game, and our games against North and Hawthorn will determine where we finish on the ladder

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He won’t be there for our 2nd pick that’s for sure, unless we get a 2nd too 10 pick. Agreed it’s a big call. Mutineer hits the nail on the head with the kicking and I’d also add decision making to that.

Jason absolutely is a great prospect and will be selected higher, but I’ve a feeling it’s the eye catching stuff rather than the nuts and bolts. I saw some vision recently that was a worry. Looked magnificent stepping 2 players but then ignored the right easy option to hand pass to 1 of either 2 free players - deciding to bomb long to a contest which was cleared easily. Just a little thing.

Roberts isn’t a human highlight reel but he just does everything well. Versatile- inside/outside, covers both ends of the field, damaging kick, good overhead , makes great decisions. I just don’t see many weakness’s to his game. My only criticism of his game that I noticed in a school match was that he hasn’t quite worked out how to shake a good tag.

Big call ? Yes for sure but happy to put it out there and be belted later on ha ha
Yep that's probably a fair assessment on what I've seen of Matty too.

A top 3 pick is a big reach for him mind you, if we win a couple more games and finish 13th or so that might be the spot

This is what worries me. Improvement next year will not come easily. An early draft pick helps but doesn't guarantee success. I dont trust our recruiters.

Have to admit I'm getting a laugh from Knightmare's draft board this season with the Collingwood supporters indeed Knighta himself continually marking down Horne's game, of course that has nothing to do with their boy Nick Daicos in the Pick 1 discussion.

What really gets me is when someone questions his assessment he has double downed more and more pointing out his perceived weaknesses in Horne's game so much so you would think Horne will be lucky to go top 5 or 6 let alone pick 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only are we the worst performing team, our talent stocks are still fairly depleted. Our list still needs a few turnovers before we are close to finals.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not only are we the worst performing team, our talent stocks are still fairly depleted. Our list still needs a few turnovers before we are close to finals.

I dunno, maybe we need to play our midfield draftees in the midfield for more than 5 minutes before we make the judgement.

Have to admit I'm getting a laugh from Knightmare's draft board this season with the Collingwood supporters indeed Knighta himself continually marking down Horne's game, of course that has nothing to do with their boy Nick Daicos in the Pick 1 discussion.

What really gets me is when someone questions his assessment he has double downed more and more pointing out his perceived weaknesses in Horne's game so much so you would think Horne will be lucky to go top 5 or 6 let alone pick 1.
That's him to a tee.

Yet they'll still cry foul when if we select Daicos with pick 1 in the draft and force them to match.

Is roberts like cotchin..less flashy than others but (apart from being an umpires pet) just does footy well

You think we have our next finals pushing team on our list?

I reckon we've got significant building blocks there yep.

Need to find another KPF, hopefully they persist with McAsey rather than drafting another. Need 2 more mids and a small forward, small defender and maybe another KPD.

Can all happen pretty quick.

Need to find another KPF, hopefully they persist with McAsey rather than drafting another. Need 2 more mids and a small forward, small defender and maybe another KPD.

The lack of midfield talent is the main problem, as well as our refusal to play them there. We need two top five pick quality mids in the next 1-2 drafts.

I admire the optimism but I think we are a while off from truly competing. We aren't putting the final puzzle pieces together yet as you suggest above, we still need need major turnover. Not every promising youngster will make it and we will miss plenty more picks so we just need to keep drafting talent and weeding out the players who won't make it. Priority picks would speed this up a bit.

At least the obsessed Collingwood fan actually went to the trouble of watching some Horne games to critique. Maybe KM could give that a shot too.

Who’d have thought an 18 year old in the team to apply defensive pressure across half forward wouldn’t be leading the team for clearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back