Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be clear: if Clarkson comes to Carlton, it will be ******* huge. Can't see him letting the playing group object or approve of his presence. Can't see him kowtowing to the interests behind the scenes. Can't see him accepting eight less tackles a game than our opponents.

Want us to be careful, though. Don't let the media shape our decision; don't let the coteries shape our decision; don't let the fans shape our decision. Make the right move, based on the recommendations from the review.

He gets paid the difference between his new contract and what he would've earned at Hawthorn
A lot of room to be creative and to strike a deal with the Hawks to pay a percentage. Eddie spoke about it when the Clarkson succession was first decided.

Let's be clear: if Clarkson comes to Carlton, it will be ******* huge. Can't see him letting the playing group object or approve of his presence. Can't see him kowtowing to the interests behind the scenes. Can't see him accepting eight less tackles a game than our opponents.

Want us to be careful, though. Don't let the media shape our decision; don't let the coteries shape our decision; don't let the fans shape our decision. Make the right move, based on the recommendations from the review.

I remember an interview with Clarkson as few years ago around the keys to success. The number one thing was that everyone in the club had to be aligned and on the same page (to use a cliché). Non-negotiable he said.

if he achieves nothing else at Carlton - if he can do this it will be a success.

You could say the same thing about Ross Lyon.

We're a pretty attractive proposition and have been through the hardest part of the rebuild.

We've got a potentially elite spine about to hit their prime, a generational player in Walsh who oozes leadership and a lot of talented youngsters craving proper direction.

I know some are disappointed at the thought of losing Teague but we simply cant afford to waste the years that we've invested in this. The time is now and we can turn this around reasonably quickly.

We've seen this play out before by letting a group of talented youngsters in Kruezer, Gibbs & Murphy come and go with little success.

Before we know it will be year 20 of a 5 year rebuild (we are already in year 6). Our footy club has no idea. The review is a PR stunt to buy us more time from sacking the coach weeks ago. It won’t uncover the real problem which is the culture of the club. It will all be put onto Teague. 80% of this is on the players, the footy department and the board. Teague was never invested in as our coach, and now the scape goat. Our on field leaders should take a look at Patty Mills and the boomers on what culture is, what leadership is and what playing for the jumper is. Our leaders are not leaders, they don’t want it bad enough and are happy just playing AFL.

Richmond had a culture problem until they got Peggy O’Neil, Brendan Gale and Balmey. Those 3 completely change the culture of their footy club. Plus a lot of their board members were removed. Won’t be happening at Carlton. We are putting all our faith in a 4 time premiership coach as the savior. Liddle is a joke and taking us no where, but he will survive. The review will not uncover the real issue of culture in fact that will just be swept under the carpet by the board.

We are in years more of misery unless something drastically changes. Clarkson alone is not the answer.

******* hope not. Need some decent assistants, can't pay them peanuts to fit it all under the soft cap.

Still, it's good to get some news that isn't all rainclouds and famine.
Who cares, the soft cap penalty isn't a big deal. They'll get best available in every position if they want to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can pretty much say Clarkson will be our coach if he’s interested. I’ve always been worried about if he has the hunger etc, but after watching him in the box yesterday losing his s**t while hawks were UP, then you I can say my worries are a little less

Clarkson is very much interested.

Funny how this one leaks now on our end.

Hawks have been saying this for months. We always denied. Until now.

Take this as you wish,

Rumour at seasons end Clarko will be announced as coach.

Source: A business associate who has a contact within Fox Sports contracts have already been signed. and called to see if I have heard anything.

Sceptical?
1. Yes, very as it has come form media
2. If fox sports has this info why hasn't it hit the air as breaking news.
3. Reliability of source? no reason to doubt my associate, however no idea about the original source from Fox.
I Told use all i told use !!!

Would be hilarious. If Clarko coaches us next year, could he actually structure his 2022 salary like that?

Really makes you wonder.

Would be highly unlikely that if he's working in a similar role at another club that Hawks will be required to make sure he's paid enough. I imagine either

1. Negotiated a number well under the $800k that was mentioned. and they've removed any non compete/gardening leave
2. Getting paid his full pay. with an agreement that it will be terminated and no payment required if he enters another role in the industry.

There's no reason the hawks would BOTH pay his wage and allow him to work elsewhere

Would be highly unlikely that if he's working in a similar role at another club that Hawks will be required to make sure he's paid enough. I imagine either

1. Negotiated a number well under the $800k that was mentioned. and they've removed any non compete/gardening leave
2. Getting paid his full pay. with an agreement that it will be terminated and no payment required if he enters another role in the industry.

There's no reason the hawks would BOTH pay his wage and allow him to work elsewhere
Exactly. Clarkson's deal with Hawks would have non-competes in it so they are protected. Come to them with a deal that screws them, and they can just say no and keep paying Clarkson the full whack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back