List Mgmt. 2021 Draft picks: 4/33/75

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is such daylight between Horne and the rest, do you offer North pick 2 and next year’s first? Or Pick 2 and McAsey?
If we offer up two top 5 picks (pick 2 and 2022 1st) for Horne we are complete idiots. Offer pick 2 and Smith for Horne. There would be a player they would like that we are willing to give up. Handing over two firsts would be a massive fail in the Gibbs category.

Last edited:
We couldn't even beat North if we wanted too.... they have been x10 better than us since the bye
Yeah they will likely beat us but we are some chance at home. Many on here haven't been watching north the 2nd half of the season. They along with Hawthorn have been one of the best performed clubs in the bottom 6-8 the past couple of months.

Here you go GreyCrow that 190cm+ mid I was talking about, another impressive performance again on the weekend, think he'll be on the move up draft boards.

Geelong Falcons prospect Mitchell Knevitt has strengthened his draft standing with an imposing performance to lead his side to a 38-point win over the Bendigo Pioneers.
The powerful 193-centimetre midfielder was a standout with his strong overhead marking, contested ball-winning and forward presence as the NAB League returned for Victorian country teams on Sunday after a two week hiatus.
Playing through the midfield and up forward, Knevitt clunked several contested marks, booted a goal and won a stack of the footy in the midfield in a performance that will give recruiters plenty to think about ahead of the national championships scheduled for next month.
The Vic Country squad member has put his hand up as a potential second-round selection this season, averaging 22.9 disposals, 12 contested possessions, 4.8 clearances and 117 ranking points.

Mitchell Knevitt helped improve his draft standing with another strong performermance. Picture: Martin Keep/AFL Photos via Getty Images

Mitchell Knevitt helped improve his draft standing with another strong performermance. Picture: Martin Keep/AFL Photos via Getty Images
Knevitt’s overhead marking was a highlight. Picture: Martin Keep/AFL Photos via Getty Images

Knevitt’s overhead marking was a highlight. Picture: Martin Keep/AFL Photos via Getty Images

Do you - or anyone else- get the feel we are on the Roberts train? IE we are locked in on Matt?
I hope not, unless we're trading down to get a pick for a shot also at lads like Arlo Draper, Ned Long, Josh Goater or Mitch Knevitt.

Do you - or anyone else- get the feel we are on the Roberts train? IE we are locked in on Matt?
I’d highly doubt they are locked, mainly because of state champs not complete. But I would certainly imagine all of the SA crop of boys will be front and centre. Provided the Vic boys get a decent run at things, I don’t believe our crew will ignore them.

I’d highly doubt they are locked, mainly because of state champs not complete. But I would certainly imagine all of the SA crop of boys will be front and centre. Provided the Vic boys get a decent run at things, I don’t believe our crew will ignore them.

Hard to see the Championships being a goer unfortunately with Covid raising it's ugly head again.
Will Premier McGowan give the SA lads dispensation to allow them to fly into WA?

NAB AFL U19 Championships
Sunday August 29

Western Australia v South Australia, Lathlain Park, WA, Time TBC

Saturday September 18

Victoria Metro v Victoria Country, GMHBA, VIC, Time TBC

Friday September 24

ALLIES v South Australia, Venue TBC (VIC), Time TBC

Victoria Metro v Western Australia, Venue TBC (VIC), Time TBC

Tuesday September 28

South Australia v Victoria Metro, GMHBA, VIC, Time TBC

Victoria Country v Western Australia, GMHBA, VIC, Time TBC

Victoria Country v ALLIES, Venue TBC, Time TBC

Hard to see the Championships being a goer unfortunately with Covid raising it's ugly head again.
Will Premier McGowan give the SA lads dispensation to allow them to fly into WA?

NAB AFL U19 Championships
Sunday August 29

Western Australia v South Australia, Lathlain Park, WA, Time TBC

Saturday September 18

Victoria Metro v Victoria Country, GMHBA, VIC, Time TBC

Friday September 24

ALLIES v South Australia, Venue TBC (VIC), Time TBC

Victoria Metro v Western Australia, Venue TBC (VIC), Time TBC

Tuesday September 28

South Australia v Victoria Metro, GMHBA, VIC, Time TBC

Victoria Country v Western Australia, GMHBA, VIC, Time TBC

Victoria Country v ALLIES, Venue TBC, Time TBC
Agree - will be very surprised.

I see no game v Vic Country. The COVID stuff may have saved a bit of a show down between the SANFL and the schools too.

Some notable stats from the 2 NAB League games played on the weekend.

Ben Hobbs ( GWV Rebels) : 32 disposals - 17 kicks - 15 handballs - 2 marks - 5 tackles - 4 i50's - 1 goal

Sam Butler (GWV Rebels) : 27 disposals - 11 kicks - 16 handballs - 4 marks - 2 tackles

Mitch Knevitt (Geelong Falcons) : 36 disposals - 20 Kicks - 16 handballs - 10 marks - 3 tackles - 8 i50's - 1 goal

For those hyper-focused on pace through the midfield, think back to Hawthorns Mitchell-Hodge-Lewis. If what you have around the ball is elite, then adding pace on the outside works just fine.
Our mids can get enough ball but they instinctively follow it with a hack kick. Look for outside runners with handball will change everything going into the forwards next year.🎯

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you would prefer selecting not the best player?

doesn’t that defeat the purpose
Yeah, so not to overcomplicate your 'best player' situation, but there's also trade possibilities and you can actually plan your future draft picks into the current season's draft. Sometime picking the best player this year may not be as good as moving back, grabbing additional great players and possibly getting a better player next year. They actually have analysts and draft teams dealing specifically with this kind of stuff.

But that's way over our heads here, we just speculate and guess what could be some of these crazy trade possibilities that likely will happen on draft day, just for discussion and possibly some insight to players we may not know or other clubs situations that we may be interested in. But you know, best player, thanks.

Last edited:
Some notable stats from the 2 NAB League games played on the weekend.

Ben Hobbs ( GWV Rebels) : 32 disposals - 17 kicks - 15 handballs - 2 marks - 5 tackles - 4 i50's - 1 goal

Sam Butler (GWV Rebels) : 27 disposals - 11 kicks - 16 handballs - 4 marks - 2 tackles

Mitch Knevitt (Geelong Falcons) : 36 disposals - 20 Kicks - 16 handballs - 10 marks - 3 tackles - 8 i50's - 1 goal
Knevitt's gotta be rising close to first round calculations now, right? If he isn't already there

Yeah, so not to overcomplicate your 'beat player' situation, but there's also trade possibilities and you can actually plan your future draft picks into the current season's draft. Sometime picking the best player this year may not be as good as moving back, grabbing additional great players and possibly getting a better player next year. They actually have analysts and draft teams dealing specifically with this kind of stuff.

But that's way over our heads here, we just speculate and guess what could be some of these crazy trade possibilities that likely will happen on draft day, just for discussion and possibly some insight to players we may not know or other clubs situations that we may be interested in. But you know, best player, thanks.

yeah, they iz awesome.

For those hyper-focused on pace through the midfield, think back to Hawthorns Mitchell-Hodge-Lewis. If what you have around the ball is elite, then adding pace on the outside works just fine.
Lewis and Hodge spent plenty of time outside the centre square.

Burgoyne, Sewell, Shiels, Langford were far from outside players.

Arlo Draper:

And there you see what some of us already knew, he's going to be a very very good AFL footballer and much more than a consolation prize if Jason Horne-Francis is off the table, way more upside to come than JH-F and Matt Roberts who are already physically ready for AFL midfield from day 1, Arlo might take a little longer but I suspect he might be the best of the lot.

I love the uncertainty of the draft, we all get a little obsessed with who is the player that is put up in headlines as the number 1 pick but history shows the the number 1 pick will often have good careers but how many have ELITE careers and lived up to their pre-draft hype?

Murphy, Kruzer and Gibbs, all 3 were inconsistent throughout their careers and failed to take Carlton to regular finals.

Swallow, Scully and McGraph have all had good careers, but would we call their careers elite and worthy of pick 1?

Watts, Boys, Mcartin, and Patton all had massive wraps and all failed to get anywhere near the hype, all 4 were massive BUSTS.

Sam Walsh is the only player coming close to fulfilling the number 1 hype.

I wont be surprised that if Horne-Francis goes number 1, that in 5 years time we will be talking about couple other players in this draft that has exceeding him as a player.

I am always cautious about believing the hype, there are just to many variables moving from a junior ametuer career to a senior professional career.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd say it's not looking likely the Crows will be able to trade down this year (assuming we get the 2nd or 3rd) pick.

Only two ways I could see it happening is if:
1. There is a player like a Mac Jones that a club rates up there in terms of potential with that top 3 tier of guys
2. We take an average or prospective return back for that pick (in terms of the player/s, and or picks that we take back)

Even then it's a stretch though.

Gold Coast has flagged their willingness to offload their pick for an established player or another key forward, which with a supposed evenness in that second or third tier of prospects, weakens our leverage a little bit.

GWS having Collingwood's pick - being so well stocked in the midfield and having at least a serviceable forward line, they may be open to moving back as well depending on whether they think they could get a guy like Gibcus a bit further down the order come draft time to stock up on bigs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back