Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Taking it to the tribunal as you’d expect, but I can’t see any chance he’d get off for that. Was a pretty bad look
I’ve seen a lot of football in my life. This to me is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. Quite clearly they were going to win, the siren had gone and the player he hit was just a kid. I actually think it was so dumb that the guy just must have a penchant for violence and can’t help himself. A real shame as he can play and he’s worked all year just to throw it away.

I’ve seen a lot of football in my life. This to me is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. Quite clearly they were going to win, the siren had gone and the player he hit was just a kid. I actually think it was so dumb that the guy just must have a penchant for violence and can’t help himself. A real shame as he can play and he’s worked all year just to throw it away.
Yep not real smart, and you can’t get away with something like that at quarter quarter time when the camera is on you. Probably lucky to get 2 down to 1 really but it’s still a massive week to miss. And yeah like you’ve mentioned, up by a fair bit at quarter time with all the momentum.

Thorp officially done after failing at the tribunal and copping a 2 match ban.

What a goose, but hardly suprising, I think it puts him within a couple of weeks of the 16 match threshold of a life time ban.

Thorp officially done after failing at the tribunal and copping a 2 match ban.

What a goose, but hardly suprising, I think it puts him within a couple of weeks of the 16 match threshold of a life time ban.

All you have to do is apply, and you can get that overturned. The Daryl White rule

Good to hear Thorp won't be playing - what a cheap shot that was. Lucky to only get that IMO. Would be good to see the blame pointed at him if the Blues get beaten (which I think will happen anyway). Unfortunately Thorp wasn't given too many smarts to play footy - dumb and stupid would be a suitable description of him onfield.

Agree about Green, is not fit and not interested either. Clarence wouldn't miss him in his current state. As for Burbury, he still looks fit enough to get a kick with Geelong.

Can I get what you are on re. Glenorchy and Clarence leaving the TSL..... 😀

Good to hear Thorp won't be playing - what a cheap shot that was. Lucky to only get that IMO. Would be good to see the blame pointed at him if the Blues get beaten (which I think will happen anyway). Unfortunately Thorp wasn't given too many smarts to play footy - dumb and stupid would be a suitable description of him onfield.

Agree about Green, is not fit and not interested either. Clarence wouldn't miss him in his current state. As for Burbury, he still looks fit enough to get a kick with Geelong.

Can I get what you are on re. Glenorchy and Clarence leaving the TSL..... 😀
Maybe new coach will try and get Green in shape. He could be a massive difference maker with a good pre season

You think Burbury is any chance of playing TSL? Seems a waste playing old Scholars

Maybe new coach will try and get Green in shape. He could be a massive difference maker with a good pre season

You think Burbury is any chance of playing TSL? Seems a waste playing old Scholars

I think Clarence wouldn't miss Green if he moved on/ retired. Has ability but his level of interest has certainly waned.

Burbury getting looked after in the scholars and enjoys his footy with his mates. Could easily play TSL again if he wanted. A club in the rise like the tigers should contact him, would be a terrific acquisition to a developing/ improving team.

Mitch Thorp to name himself in the team tonight is the word, will he play?
I thought it was a genuine chance, if he plays he’ll do what he did last year and try unsettle north Launie you’d imagine, that’s about all he’s good for these days especially against NL.

I thought it was a genuine chance, if he plays he’ll do what he did last year and try unsettle north Launie you’d imagine, that’s about all he’s good for these days especially against NL.
Thorpe 3 peat. 3 pocessions 3 buffs behind the ears and 3 weeks suspension. Last year's granny stats.

I’ve seen a bit commentary on social media saying there was no contact in the the Thorp incident and Borsboom took a dive, what a joke, Clearly intentionally struck him in the back of the head from behind, absolute dog act. 093B33E5-7FA8-4D2F-BF87-48147F902BD2.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

52/66. This is hard...Launceston might have shot themselves in the foot, lost both games to North at YP, didn't get the week off...North would have a grudge to settle after last season...

Bombers...nah...Blues...god...Bombers - no, Launceston...but....South over Bracknell...

Launceston.

F###...

52/66. This is hard...Launceston might have shot themselves in the foot, lost both games to North at YP, didn't get the week off...North would have a grudge to settle after last season...

Bombers...nah...Blues...god...Bombers - no, Launceston...but....South over Bracknell...

Launceston.

Launie beat NL in round one @ UTAS.

I agree I got no idea who wins this.

Launceston only cos they are older.

F###...

NL by 6.

If it wasn't for the games played on heavy Riverside bog of late, then losing 2 key forwards, Launy would be clear favorites

But really, either team could win it.

I reckon it comes down to Mitch Thorp, if he can clunk a few and convert the Launnie probably win, if he can’t I am not sure they can kick a big enough score with Riley and his brother not there.

Anyone hearing Ian Callinan to coach Clarence?

Got my games mixed up...

I don't change tips, it guarantees the footy gods' unhappiness, but I'm swinging all over the place...North are in the box seat. Same side as last year pretty much, and they were the best then despite coming up short. They will be pretty determined not to make it two in a row...

Launceston but...

Got my games mixed up...

I don't change tips, it guarantees the footy gods' unhappiness, but I'm swinging all over the place...North are in the box seat. Same side as last year pretty much, and they were the best then despite coming up short. They will be pretty determined not to make it two in a row...

Launceston but...
It’s nowhere near the same North Launceston as last year….

Ponting, Whitford, Egger, McCulloch, Laskey, Withers, Lowe, Callow and Richter-Salter all played in last years grand final and aren’t this year.

Well Lonnie took the cup in the end. Nearly 6 goal win in a tight game for 3/4s. The Blues kicked away in the last quarter. Wasn't a really high scoring game but it was a good game to watch and sounded like a pretty reasonable crowd turned up, maybe 5k?
Mitch Thorp did end up playing and kicked a couple.
Joe Groenewegan won the Baldock for best on.
Clarence won the DL over Lonnie by 3 goals, that was also a good game.
Roos won the state under 18s on Friday night over Lauderdale as well so they appear to have a bright future if they keep them, their 15s also won the flag beating Lauderdale by 130 points last weekend with names like Cooney, Hurd, Richards, etc playing.

Last edited:
Well Lonnie took the cup in the end. Nearly 6 goal win in a tight game for 3/4s. The Blues kicked away in the last quarter. Wasn't a really high scoring game but it was a good game to watch and sounded like a pretty reasonable crowd turned up, maybe 5k?
Mitch Thorp did end up playing and kicked a couple.
Joe Groenewegan won the Baldock for best on.
Clarence won the DL over Lonnie by 3 goals, that was also a good game.
Roos won the state under 18s on Friday night over Lauderdale as well so they appear to have a bright future if they keep them, their 15s also won the flag beating Lauderdale by 130 points last weekend with names like Cooney, Hurd, Richards, etc playing.
Blackberry would have been my pick for the Medal thought he was excellent. North Launceston didn't have a marking option or an effective method going forward so many times they just kicked too to a pack of players where the ball was easily killed. They needed to keep their forwards separated as much as possible to try create a better chance to mark or to turn it into something when the ball hit the ground. I thought they missed a trick not playing Oli Sanders forward as well kicked a ripper set shot for goal and when they couldn't find a winner up forward he looked liked one who could have hit the scoreboard a few times. Launceston did look the better side even when the scores were close. They got lucky with the Mitch Thorp inclusion he was scratchy and couldn't take a mark but got a valuable contribution by converting two free kicks for goal. Not a memorable day for a Competition star in Cox Goodyear they kept mentioning his arm on the commentary?

Any news on Glenorchy coaching position?
I’ve heard Clarence had interviews this week. Didn’t have any playing coaches apply so will be non playing coach.Looks like they’ll lose all their ex- AFL guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back