Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Pepsi “ Where’s my Jet “ ??

Fantastic true story about an event I had no idea really happened regarding Pepsi Points and redeemable prizes.

Pepsi stuffed up when they aired an add for a Harrier Jet regarding points and there was always going to be 1 person out there that took it seriously!

Really good doco and worth the 4 episode binge. 👌

I finished 1899 and I thought it was great.

The first 4 episodes are a slow build up (but I found them riveting) and the last 4 really pick up the pace.

I’m really hoping to a season 2 which must be a near sure thing with it being the number 1 watched show on Netflix at the moment.

Conor McGregor Notorious - came up as recomended on my netflix so watched it last night. Pretty good viewing and comes across as a better bloke as he does when see him on tv (wouldnt be hard to be better than how he comes across on tv). I dont follow UFC except what you hear on news etc so was interesting to watch.

What’s a good tv show to watch when you’ve completed: Lost, Sons of Anarchy, Walking Dead, Vampire Diaries, Breaking Bad, Peaky Blinders, Wentworth, Prison Break and Animal Kingdom

Top 3 in bold but I’m assuming Shameless?
Game of Thrones
Better Call Saul
Black Mirror

Difficult to keep it to 3 though

What’s a good tv show to watch when you’ve completed: Lost, Sons of Anarchy, Walking Dead, Vampire Diaries, Breaking Bad, Peaky Blinders, Wentworth, Prison Break and Animal Kingdom

Top 3 in bold but I’m assuming Shameless?
Sopranos
Deadwood
Love/Hate
Ray Donovan
Mr In-Between
Treme
Mad Men
Snowfall
Narcos
The Shield
Rome
Mindhunter
Euphoria

On top of Alesana's great little list, here's a dozen or so I'd prioritise, almost in that order. Watch them all then get back to me for more.

My bad! I’ve actually seen Sopranos and Narcos! As well as Ozark.

Ray Donovan is a great shout mate, always wanted to watch it. Cheers to both of you for your lists
Apologies for doing this on the Netflix thread. I doubt too many of these are actually on Netflix, so you might have to hit up your other streamers for the most of them.

You're gonna love Ray Donovan - wish I was back watching it for the first time too. Mickey Donovan is one of the truly great characters of modern television :thumbsu:

Had a quiet night at work so binged Wednesday was quietly surprised actually loved the show and Jenna Ortega was great as title character.

Had a quiet night at work so binged Wednesday was quietly surprised actually loved the show and Jenna Ortega was great as title character.
Have heard it’s good, Tim Burton right? My daughter’s started watching it. Was asking her if Uncle Fester was in it, Cousin It, the hand, Who else was there…Morticia, Lurch? Used to love the reruns of Addams Family as a kid.

She said the hand things in it.

Have heard it’s good, Tim Burton right? My daughter’s started watching it. Was asking her if Uncle Fester was in it, Cousin It, the hand, Who else was there…Morticia, Lurch? Used to love the reruns of Addams Family as a kid.

Yeah Tim burton directs half of 8 episodes.
Things (the hand) in every episodes the rest all make an appearance at some point but it’s a scene here and there.

Haven't been on this thread for ages, so a bit out of touch. I'm about half-way through 1899, it's no Dark, but it's absorbing and I'm enjoying it. Clearly aimed at the Anglophone demographic (that's where the money is), bit I do think the way that characters persist on holding conversations in mutually unintelligible languages stretches it a bit. Although realism doesn't really come into it that much. At this stage it's reminding me of a Western a bit: the drunken town sheriff pulls himself together in a crisis with the help of a good woman.

Yeah Fred Armisen is playing fester. Thing looks a little different in this.

They have a 24 hr Addams Family re run channel on you tube as well.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm surprisingly enjoying it. Agree with the Jenna Ortega statement. It's a different story than what you're used to with Addams Family shows/movies.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

I just finished 1899, really liked it. It won’t be for everyone, got a bit repetitive at times, and took a little too long to get going, plus the direction was mostly awesome but sometimes a little clunky here and there.

But the work they put into the character backgrounds is excellent and the sheer audacity of the story, right up to the last moment is on another level - as you’d expect from the makers of Dark.

It’s not as brilliant so will be enjoyed more if not compared to Dark. Loved the ending too.

One thing I'll say in passing about 1899 that they have carried over from Dark, the pleasingly low-tech SFX! No sense that millions of dollars were wasted on that scene. Modest, and functional! I like that! :D

One thing I'll say in passing about 1899 that they have carried over from Dark, the pleasingly low-tech SFX! No sense that millions of dollars were wasted on that scene. Modest, and functional! I like that! :D
You should watch the ‘making of’ for the show, explains how they used LED volume studio in Germany for background scenes ..interesting stuff

Pepsi Where's My Jet was really entertaining.

Length was about right as it was as much a retelling of events, as it was a dramatic narrative about David taking on Goliath.

That Pepsi doco seems to take bloody ages to get to the point. I've watched one and a half episodes and while it's entertaining enough so far it's frustrating how often they seem to cut away from the main story and go off on a tangent. There was one about a McDonalds scam I watched a while back on Foxtel that was the same, it really could have been wrapped up in one episode but went on for four or five.

That Pepsi doco seems to take bloody ages to get to the point. I've watched one and a half episodes and while it's entertaining enough so far it's frustrating how often they seem to cut away from the main story and go off on a tangent. There was one about a McDonalds scam I watched a while back on Foxtel that was the same, it really could have been wrapped up in one episode but went on for four or five.
It was told effectively in a single podcast episode.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back