Movie Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon (Netflix)

Remove this Banner Ad

I quite enjoyed it. Nowhere near a Film of the Year contender, will not be a classic, but it was an enjoyable couple of hours. Given the film it rips off the most (Star Wars) wasn't exactly free from influence, and look how it's regarded now I think the "relies on tropes" argument is a little shallow.

Solid 7/10 from me.

It’s pretty bloody average.

Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven meets Star Wars meets Guardians of the Galaxy.

The script/dialogue is awful.

Stupid Snyder slo-mo everywhere.

It’s just entertaining enough not to turn off. I may bother to watch the second part but won’t be looking forward to it.

What a steaming pile of c***

Zack Snyder is the most overated hack in hollywood and noone can change my mind. 300 is the only decent thing his done and he gets the "Zack Snyder's blah blah movie title"

This type of marketing should be reserved for the Nolans of the world, not this hack

Zack Snyder is the most overated hack in hollywood and noone can change my mind. 300 is the only decent thing his done and he gets the "Zack Snyder's blah blah movie title"

This type of marketing should be reserved for the Nolans of the world, not this hack
Dawn of the Dead

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I guess the thing I'll say for him, as someone who has no desire to watch this, is that Snyder has a distinctive style that is his and I think that's an increasingly rare thing in Hollywood. I'd rather that be true of better directors, but it's nice that there's some auteurs able to operate within the modern corporate system, even if those auteurs are Zack Snyder and Michael Bay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw the criticisms but I was in the mood for a Star Wars type romp. How bad could it be?

Well after half an hour I've binned it. It's ******* awful. The visuals are cliched. The dialog is like something a 15 year old might write. There's a mixture of overacting and wooden delivery.

I quite enjoyed it. Nowhere near a Film of the Year contender, will not be a classic, but it was an enjoyable couple of hours. Given the film it rips off the most (Star Wars) wasn't exactly free from influence, and look how it's regarded now I think the "relies on tropes" argument is a little shallow.

Solid 7/10 from me.

It's not just based off Star Wars, it was literally Star Wars and then he just changed the names.

It's not just based off Star Wars, it was literally Star Wars and then he just changed the names.

lol.. had there even been the slightest hint of humour or that semiotician analysis would be welcome, this show could have evaded the title of biggest turkey of 2023.

I was really looking forward to this. Thought we might get a new universe and characters to enjoy. It didn't seem to try to hide in some instances a complete copy paste of stuff from other movies. Gay cantina scene. Glowing swords. I could go on.

Not sure if the directors cut will make it a different movie altogether or not because it needs to be a different movie altogether.

I might have been swayed by what's written here (and tried really hard not to) but lasted only 5 minutes. I can handle cheesy dialogue - but I can't handle outright bad dialogue.

It was a B movie with blockbuster effects.

Just awful story and illogical jumps.

Characters making over-emotional leaps that weren't driven by anything.

They were really ACTING HARD. You could see them squeezing out the words and facial expressions with all their might.

The Goodies meets Warhammer 40k meets Gladiator meets Vikings meets Magnificent Seven meets Days of our Lives.

Hollywood writers proving they were right to strike: they can write s**t just as bad as any AI!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back