Streaming Beef - Netflix

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Went bang, bang, bang tonight. Could've gone another but letting the wise me say go to bed. First 3 are great though.

Steven Yeun is on the 'watch whatever he's in' level for me. It's not just that he's turned himself into a terrific actor - which I honestly did not see coming from his TWD days - but his taste for writers and projects since then has been flawless.

Beef is terrific. Anytime Yeun and Wong are 'together' the show is electric. Does social media, both in how the characters use it and how it's visually depicted, as well as anywhere I've seen.

Could maybe critique it for being a little padded, probably could have trimmed some of it. But even when I thought it might start to lose its steam, it never really did.

Finished it within 2 nights, loved it. From vague exposure to Ali Wong on the internet, stand up clips she seemed obnoxious but didn't mind her and she was great alongside Steven.

The ending surprised me.

The themes explored were excellent, was a good balance of this and humour. Think the narrative of the last couple of episodes was pretty overkill though and that whole
hostage situation after Isaac got out of jail
Still enjoyable and entertaining, didn’t really know which way it was gonna go the whole way through. The last 10 minutes of the final episode was very well done. Good show.

Really, really appreciated the first couple of episodes.

Probably didn't enjoy the rest of the series as much as I had hoped, but still binged it in a couple of sessions.

And yeah, Steven Yeun is very good, +1 for the church scene.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really, really appreciated the first couple of episodes.

Probably didn't enjoy the rest of the series as much as I had hoped, but still binged it in a couple of sessions.

And yeah, Steven Yeun is very good, +1 for the church scene.
Yeah same. Fell off after the first few eps, overrated reviews on the whole, still decent.

Really enjoyed binging this all on a long flight home from the states.

Never would have predicted I would enjoy Yeun as an actor from his TWD days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back