Round ball code talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Newcastle have been inundated with loan offers for 18-year-old Australia forward Garang Kuol after his performances at the World Cup - before he has officially joined the club. The Magpies agreed a £300,000 transfer with Central Coast Mariners earlier this year with Kuol set to move to Newcastle in January.
Hopefully central coast have a good sell on % clause. Depending on how he develops could be some big £££ down the track.

Haha - got a tipping reminder today for the A-League, which resumes tomorrow. The comp had been on hold during the World Cup, but they obviously didn't have any faith that the Round Balleroos would progress beyond the round of 16.
Fair call by them, and if they did better than that, the A League is on in prime time and Socceroos finals would be on starting either 2am or 6am so no real clash.

Hopefully central coast have a good sell on % clause. Depending on how he develops could be some big £££ down the track.
1670462109571.png

Speaking of future players - hopefully Cristian Volpato chooses to represent Australia over Italy:

This guy plays for AS Roma, but was rejected by both Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers in the A-League. That's how poor talent identification is in Australia.

Speaking of future players - hopefully Cristian Volpato chooses to represent Australia over Italy:

This guy plays for AS Roma, but was rejected by both Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers in the A-League. That's how poor talent identification is in Australia.

Didnt he have the opportunity to be in the squad for this tournament and declined the offer?

Didnt he have the opportunity to be in the squad for this tournament and declined the offer?
He did but he's only 18.

"I’ve seen lots of speculation about decisions I have supposedly taken at international level: the truth is that I am still just at the start of my professional career and I am totally focused on continuing that process at Roma," Volpato wrote in a message posted on his Instagram.

"Making any sort of rushed decision about my international future at this early stage risks being extremely premature.

"There will be plenty of time for me to take the decision that feels right for me but right now I know my focus needs to be on continuing to work hard each and every day in order to continue improving as a player."

Making the Round of 16 in Qatar while Italy didn't even qualify isn't going to hurt our chances of him choosing us. As Jose Mourinho says, right now it's about his development as a player and you shouldn't try to force him into making decisions like that.

He did but he's only 18.

"I’ve seen lots of speculation about decisions I have supposedly taken at international level: the truth is that I am still just at the start of my professional career and I am totally focused on continuing that process at Roma," Volpato wrote in a message posted on his Instagram.

"Making any sort of rushed decision about my international future at this early stage risks being extremely premature.

"There will be plenty of time for me to take the decision that feels right for me but right now I know my focus needs to be on continuing to work hard each and every day in order to continue improving as a player."

Making the Round of 16 in Qatar while Italy didn't even qualify isn't going to hurt our chances of him choosing us. As Jose Mourinho says, right now it's about his development as a player and you shouldn't try to force him into making decisions like that.

Yep. Making a decision now will hurt his chances of playing for Italy. He has made his mind up where his International priorities lie.

GremioPower this SBS guy is on every night in the WC Daily show and he is based out of Qatar. He's on the Brazil band wagon, his gig is to interview fans from various nations, and last night he interviewed and did the Pombo / pigeon dance with a few Brazilians.

I assume you aren't Geoblocked for this vision. How about the other 2 below.

What about this one with GPS data on Ramos' first goal??

What about this vision from 2014WC?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think there is any other sport / competition that can market its trophy like the WC is. It must be a great revenue earner for whoever makes them. I assume there are the official FIFA licensed versions and unofficial ones you can buy in the bazaars and flea markets in Doha and other cities in Qatar.

Yep. Making a decision now will hurt his chances of playing for Italy. He has made his mind up where his International priorities lie.
We can't quite say this for sure because Italy didn't make it in (though I'll agree it looks more likely).

If he is genuinely on the fence then he wouldn't throw his chance to make that choice away just to go sit on the bench with a side likely to lose three games and bomb out in the group stage.

Correct. He's waiting to see if he's good enough for the Azzurri. He probably isn't.
To be fair, I'd be wanting to play for a team that actually has a shot of winning silverware too and where players who do win cups are deified by the public. He'll know by the 2024 Euros if he's going to have a shot with Italia.

It’s like supporters. Born here to European immigrants, I’ve always had the Socceroos as my team regardless. I know that’s not the case for I’d say the majority of nationalised Australians who migrated here AND their offspring. It’s a case of they’re going to support the team that has the best chance to win silverware.

It’s like supporters. Born here to European immigrants, I’ve always had the Socceroos as my team regardless. I know that’s not the case for I’d say the majority of nationalised Australians who migrated here AND their offspring. It’s a case of they’re going to support the team that has the best chance to win silverware.
If your folks immigrated in the 1950's or 60's from Europe, then the kids who were 10+ in the 70's 80's and 90'sand were soccer fans, then they were going to pick up their parents' national team at the WC, because there was no Socceroos there is probably the real reason. Ask kids of immigrants who were 10+ since 2006 who they support and I bet there is a big discrepancy between the 2 pools of fans.

I’m not nervous. You are nervous!

Lol I used to work with a guy who was like that with his AFL team. I used to drive him crazy by telling him, no worries you have this game in the bag.

I think he went home and rearranged his voodoo tableau to correct for the imbalance in the universe my words had created. :D

If your folks immigrated in the 1950's or 60's from Europe, then the kids who were 10+ in the 70's 80's and 90'sand were soccer fans, then they were going to pick up their parents' national team at the WC, because there was no Socceroos there is probably the real reason. Ask kids of immigrants who were 10+ since 2006 who they support and I bet there is a big discrepancy between the 2 pools of fans.
We made the finals in 74. That’s kind of how I became a Socceroo fan. I was 10 at the time and was caught up in the whole qualifying thing back then.

We made the finals in 74. That’s kind of how I became a Socceroo fan. I was 10 at the time and was caught up in the whole qualifying thing back then.
Yeah but how much coverage was there, and were 10 year old kids get up at 2am? I was 10, and I can remember more from Munich Olympics 1972 than Germany 1974 because there was bugger all coverage and replays in 1974 compare to 1986 when SBS took over.

Yeah but how much coverage was there, and were 10 year old kids get up at 2am? I was 10, and I can remember more from Munich Olympics 1972 than Germany 1974 because there was bugger all coverage and replays in 1974 compare to 1986 when SBS took over.
Pretty sure all the Australian games were live at the 74 WC. The qualifying decider against Sth Korea was live. I remember watching it. Also got up for both the East and West Germany games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back