Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt4 - Beyond the Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Frankie1972
there's a hot debate happening in the BigFooty Julie Cutler crime thread about whether Bradley ever studied anything at WAIT (now called Curtin Uni) back around 1985-1988.

If you are able to ask Troy, if he can remember, that would be really useful for assisting settling/progressing this debate.

As the media and Coroner are both reporting that Bradley studied a Psychology unit at WAIT in his late teens overlapping with Julie Cutler.
Reports that appear to have originated from info they got from WA Police, which might have been getting Bradley mixed up with Lance Williams (RIP) or some other CSK POI or suspect.
Sorry just read your message and I will ask him on the weekend when I see him.

Does anyone know if BRE was into photography? Mainly bird photography,cheers.
There is currently no evidence that he took pics of his victims before he slaughtered them.

I can't imagine he'd have either the patience or get much pleasure from being into feathered bird photography.

Probs way too busy snowdropping, biking, perving, peeping, flashing, assaulting, drinking, working, studying, gaming, stalking, abducting, raping, murdering, driving, wanking, collecting, fishing, crabbing, prawning, scuba diving, spear fishing, hunting, fathering, writing, tinkering, hiding, digging, volunteering, exercising, rucking, website designing-building-hosting-maintaining, hacking, bugging, moonlighting, evading, lying and abusing.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if BRE was into photography? Mainly bird photography,cheers.
With the Supermoon tonight, I picture you out there at the Parkeville owl sanctuary with spade, 6 pack and umbrella.
Hoping that the Supermoon gravity pulls the evidence closer to the surface.

To locate SS I think she is near a windmill and a pipe is also in the area. Now the on the line theory might be possible. Four beer stubbies are still in a burnt tree right on that line. They are rusty & still full. There is a pipe there but no windmill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unsure if we all missed this article:
April 2023 - Marie Claire:

These Were The Women Who Married The Claremont Serial Killer​

"I feared for my life." - by Teneal Zuvela

A lot of people have an interest in serial killers, but even more have an interest in their wives. We wonder how much these women actually knew. Were they really in the dark? Or did they turn a blind eye out of fear?

When it came to the Claremont serial killer—the case at the centre of Channel 7's new crime drama The Claremont Murders—he was married twice.

The case, which involved the abductions and murders of three women in the late 90s, became Perth's longest unsolved murder case. The murderer—Bradley Robert Edwards—was finally caught in 2016, 25 years after the first disappearance, and sentenced to life-imprisonment in 2020.

While the state finally breathed a sigh of relief that there had finally been an arrest, his two ex-wives learned that they had been married to a killer.

This is what we know about the women who married the Claremont serial killer.

Who Was The Claremont Serial Killer's First Wife?

The state learned about Edward's first wife during his Western Australia Supreme Court trial in 2019. The wife, whose identity is suppressed, told the court about their relationship when she gave evidence.

The couple met as teens in the late 80s, while attending a rock festival in Western Australia's north. She met Edwards through another man she was dating at the time, who worked at Telecom with Edwards.

Edward's first wife told the court that Edwards moved into her three bedroom home in Noranda soon after getting together. They shared two dogs and a horse, which they kept on a property in the Perth Hills.

Edward's ex-wife said that their relationship deteriorated after he brought a computer home and he started spending hours on it.

"It was a long time," she told the court via a video link. "I just felt like he wasn't interested, he wasn't present in the marriage."

Did Edward's First Wife Know That He Was The Claremont Serial Killer?

While Edwards started abducting and assaulting women during his marriage, he didn't commit his first murder until after their separation.

For the most part, Edward's wife wasn't aware of his attacks. The only time she noticed something strange was a day when Edward's didn't pick her up from work as planned. According to his first wife, Edwards always dropped her off and picked her up from her work in the CBD. One day, in May 1990, he didn't show up. This turned out to be the day Edward's attempted to attack a worker at Hollywood Hospital.

Why Did Edwards And His First Wife Break Up?

A few years later, Edwards and his wife rented out one of their bedrooms to a boarder. When Edward's caught his wife cheating on him with the boarder, he barely reacted.

"Bradley didn't say too much to me at all," she told the court, explaining that he "appeared calm" and didn't bring up the incident again.

However, his wife began a relationship with the boarder in 1995, later moving in together and having a child. One time during the separation, Edwards arrived unexpectedly at his wife's parent's house, stayed for dinner and asked his ex-wife to see a fireworks show. She declined.

During the trial, the prosecutors claimed that it was the rejection that prompted Edwards to murder Sarah Spiers later that night. However, as Edward's wife couldn't specify exactly which day the dinner with her parents was, it wasn't certain that the incidents occurred on the same night. His ex-wife also noted that Edwards "did not seem upset" by the interaction.

Edward's ex-wife called him to tell him that she was pregnant with the boarder's child in 1996—around the same time that Edward's abducted and murdered Jane Rimmer.

However, Edward's wife later told the court, "he accepted that [the pregnancy] and did not get upset."

Despite their shared pets, mortgage and car loan, the couple became estranged after that.

Who Was The Claremont Serial Killer's Second Wife?

Edward's second wife, whose identity is suppressed, also gave evidence during his 2019 trial in Western Australia.

Speaking of the couple's initial meeting in April 1997, she told the court they "fell in love pretty quickly".

However, Edward's second wife recalled a strange moment two months later, when a "very edgy" Edwards was driving her home. According to his ex-wife, Edwards suddenly stopped driving and confessed he had a criminal record for assaulting a woman during a "brain snap", triggered by his ex-wife cheating on him.

"He cried and everything ... I felt sorry for him," the second wife told the court. "He was all 'woe is me'."

Did Edward's Second Wife Know That He Was The Claremont Serial Killer?

Edward's second wife might not have known that he was the Claremont serial killer but she was suspicious about his behaviour.

In 2014—the year before she left him—Edward's second wife started taking notes on his bank statements because she was "sick and tired" of his lies.

She recalled rifling through his bank transactions after failing to find a statement covering the period of the final victim's murder.

When asked why she started taking notes on his bank transactions, Edward's ex-wife said their relationship "started to escalate" and that she "feared for her life", but was prevented from elaborating on the reason she was scared.

When Did Edwards And His Second Wife Break Up?

Edward's second wife moved out of their marital home in 2015 but her 21-year-old daughter (Edward's step-daughter) remained living with Edwards.

Unsure if we all missed this article:
April 2023 - Marie Claire:

These Were The Women Who Married The Claremont Serial Killer​

"I feared for my life." - by Teneal Zuvela

A lot of people have an interest in serial killers, but even more have an interest in their wives. We wonder how much these women actually knew. Were they really in the dark? Or did they turn a blind eye out of fear?

When it came to the Claremont serial killer—the case at the centre of Channel 7's new crime drama The Claremont Murders—he was married twice.

The case, which involved the abductions and murders of three women in the late 90s, became Perth's longest unsolved murder case. The murderer—Bradley Robert Edwards—was finally caught in 2016, 25 years after the first disappearance, and sentenced to life-imprisonment in 2020.

While the state finally breathed a sigh of relief that there had finally been an arrest, his two ex-wives learned that they had been married to a killer.

This is what we know about the women who married the Claremont serial killer.

Who Was The Claremont Serial Killer's First Wife?

The state learned about Edward's first wife during his Western Australia Supreme Court trial in 2019. The wife, whose identity is suppressed, told the court about their relationship when she gave evidence.

The couple met as teens in the late 80s, while attending a rock festival in Western Australia's north. She met Edwards through another man she was dating at the time, who worked at Telecom with Edwards.

Edward's first wife told the court that Edwards moved into her three bedroom home in Noranda soon after getting together. They shared two dogs and a horse, which they kept on a property in the Perth Hills.

Edward's ex-wife said that their relationship deteriorated after he brought a computer home and he started spending hours on it.

"It was a long time," she told the court via a video link. "I just felt like he wasn't interested, he wasn't present in the marriage."

Did Edward's First Wife Know That He Was The Claremont Serial Killer?

While Edwards started abducting and assaulting women during his marriage, he didn't commit his first murder until after their separation.

For the most part, Edward's wife wasn't aware of his attacks. The only time she noticed something strange was a day when Edward's didn't pick her up from work as planned. According to his first wife, Edwards always dropped her off and picked her up from her work in the CBD. One day, in May 1990, he didn't show up. This turned out to be the day Edward's attempted to attack a worker at Hollywood Hospital.

Why Did Edwards And His First Wife Break Up?

A few years later, Edwards and his wife rented out one of their bedrooms to a boarder. When Edward's caught his wife cheating on him with the boarder, he barely reacted.

"Bradley didn't say too much to me at all," she told the court, explaining that he "appeared calm" and didn't bring up the incident again.

However, his wife began a relationship with the boarder in 1995, later moving in together and having a child. One time during the separation, Edwards arrived unexpectedly at his wife's parent's house, stayed for dinner and asked his ex-wife to see a fireworks show. She declined.

During the trial, the prosecutors claimed that it was the rejection that prompted Edwards to murder Sarah Spiers later that night. However, as Edward's wife couldn't specify exactly which day the dinner with her parents was, it wasn't certain that the incidents occurred on the same night. His ex-wife also noted that Edwards "did not seem upset" by the interaction.

Edward's ex-wife called him to tell him that she was pregnant with the boarder's child in 1996—around the same time that Edward's abducted and murdered Jane Rimmer.

However, Edward's wife later told the court, "he accepted that [the pregnancy] and did not get upset."

Despite their shared pets, mortgage and car loan, the couple became estranged after that.

Who Was The Claremont Serial Killer's Second Wife?

Edward's second wife, whose identity is suppressed, also gave evidence during his 2019 trial in Western Australia.

Speaking of the couple's initial meeting in April 1997, she told the court they "fell in love pretty quickly".

However, Edward's second wife recalled a strange moment two months later, when a "very edgy" Edwards was driving her home. According to his ex-wife, Edwards suddenly stopped driving and confessed he had a criminal record for assaulting a woman during a "brain snap", triggered by his ex-wife cheating on him.

"He cried and everything ... I felt sorry for him," the second wife told the court. "He was all 'woe is me'."

Did Edward's Second Wife Know That He Was The Claremont Serial Killer?

Edward's second wife might not have known that he was the Claremont serial killer but she was suspicious about his behaviour.

In 2014—the year before she left him—Edward's second wife started taking notes on his bank statements because she was "sick and tired" of his lies.

She recalled rifling through his bank transactions after failing to find a statement covering the period of the final victim's murder.

When asked why she started taking notes on his bank transactions, Edward's ex-wife said their relationship "started to escalate" and that she "feared for her life", but was prevented from elaborating on the reason she was scared.

When Did Edwards And His Second Wife Break Up?

Edward's second wife moved out of their marital home in 2015 but her 21-year-old daughter (Edward's step-daughter) remained living with Edwards.
Thanks E. All very bland info, I do believe they were not aware. Do we ever really know anyone??? Quite obviously not!!

Have you got a link for this please (avail in Australia?)

I can only find this one:

Thanks Eaglette.
I've never got how Dixie committed shocking crimes in Perth back in the time...stabbing the student, sex crime...and got fined? Not a bigger punishment.
I lived in Shenton Park at 25/26yo with 2 mates renting 94-99
Got local paper, Subiaco Post, that reported Karakatta rape incident....no connection to CSK, apparently.
Read it at the time and just believed the police knew stuff that I wouldn't. Complete faith. Apologies to Lance Williams

Sorry, gone off tangent. Dixie stabbed the poor girl and got fined? WTF?

Memories for @Frankie1975.... and utd as at December 2023:

personal; (Sometimes I just freeze when I'm passing here B & Z ;) )

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 55
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 55
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 55
The Claremont Murders makes the front page of this week's Post Newspaper, with Peter Weyger's (a falsely accused CSK ex-suspect) so far unsuccessful attempts to get a Curtin Uni 2019 published doctoral thesis (Our Dark Places), by crime fiction writer Ruth McIver, modified in relation to the CSK case.

Coincidentally, a female "Frankie" pseudonym is part of the thesis's claim.

See here in the Claremont Murders - Media thread for the full article.

THESIS: 'Our Dark Places: the shadows between public record, private lives and ethics in true crime–inspired fiction'

'Claremont murders hangover By BRET CHRISTIAN
20 January 2024'
The thesis says “Frankie” the pseudonym for a friend of Dr McIver, had told her she had a “spectacularly weird ” interaction with the former mayor of Claremont while living next door to him when she was 18.

Dr McIver wrote that the former mayor had come to Frankie’s door about a boundary question.
His interaction with “Frankie” had spooked her, looking past her and asking her if she was alone in the house, the thesis says.

Mr Weygers said the incident never happened.
There was no boundary problem, his mother having built the house in Richardson Avenue, Claremont in the 1930s.
He had never made such a visit. The neighbour on one side was a university professor who lived there 50 years.
Mr Weygers had been to the other house only once, when invited by the owner, a football team doctor.

“In the overall context of the themes in the thesis, I’m beginning to wonder whether the person named as Frankie, raised as a Buddhist, ever existed, although it is stated as fact,” Mr Weygers said.
...'

Last edited:
The Claremont Murders makes the front page of this week's Post Newspaper, with Peter Weyger's (a falsely accused CSK ex-suspect) so far unsuccessful attempts to get a Curtin Uni 2019 published doctoral thesis (Our Dark Places), by crime fiction writer Ruth McIver, modified in relation to the CSK case.

Coincidentally, a female "Frankie" pseudonym is part of the thesis's claim.

See here in the Claremont Murders - Media thread for the full article.

'Our Dark Places: the shadows between public record, private lives and ethics in true crime–inspired fiction'

'Claremont murders hangover By BRET CHRISTIAN
20 January 2024'
The thesis says “Frankie” the pseudonym for a friend of Dr McIver, had told her she had a “spectacularly weird ” interaction with the former mayor of Claremont while living next door to him when she was 18.

Dr McIver wrote that the former mayor had come to Frankie’s door about a boundary question.
His interaction with “Frankie” had spooked her, looking past her and asking her if she was alone in the house, the thesis says.

Mr Weygers said the incident never happened.
There was no boundary problem, his mother having built the house in Richardson Avenue, Claremont in the 1930s.
He had never made such a visit. The neighbour on one side was a university professor who lived there 50 years.
Mr Weygers had been to the other house only once, when invited by the owner, a football team doctor.

“In the overall context of the themes in the thesis, I’m beginning to wonder whether the person named as Frankie, raised as a Buddhist, ever existed, although it is stated as fact,” Mr Weygers said.
...'
IMHO - I wonder what Dr McIver's train of thought could possibly have been giving some one raised as a Buddhist a pseudonym of 'Frankie'? Of all the names in the world, why Frankie? The whole story seems a little bizarre.
Considering the 'theme' of her thesis, I would have thought McIver would have a little more compassion for Weygers.
Curtain needs to modify the thesis, its just not right to name and shame someone like this.

IMHO - I wonder what Dr McIver's train of thought could possibly have been giving some one raised as a Buddhist a pseudonym of 'Frankie'? Of all the names in the world, why Frankie? The whole story seems a little bizarre.
Considering the 'theme' of her thesis, I would have thought McIver would have a little more compassion for Weygers.
Curtain needs to modify the thesis, its just not right to name and shame someone like this.
To be fair of Dr McIver, you would only know of Frankie if you spent your time on True Crime Forums.

Modifying this dissertation can't happen. A thesis can be modified only by its author in response to feedback received by the examiners appointed to assess it – and before it is approved. This PhD was awarded and has been published. It could theoretically be withdrawn, after due process, but only if Curtin was made aware of gross misconduct on the part of the student. This would be most unusual and occur only for significant plagiarism, fabrication of evidence or a third party doing the writing: in other words, substantially abusing the process such that the integrity of the research and the awarding institution are impaired.

I'll go back through the original thread and try to find the statement, but I'm still intrigued by the testimony of one of the witnesses - they stated that they saw one of the victims (apologies, can't remember which one) walking alone on the night she disappeared and was being followed by two men, one on each side of the street and clearly together. I think the witness had just got out of a car and was on his way to an after work function.

I'll go back through the original thread and try to find the statement, but I'm still intrigued by the testimony of one of the witnesses - they stated that they saw one of the victims (apologies, can't remember which one) walking alone on the night she disappeared and was being followed by two men, one on each side of the street and clearly together. I think the witness had just got out of a car and was on his way to an after work function.
Was her name Ciara Glennon?

A while ago my old school friend, who once worked as a Telecom technician under Bradley Edwards dad, came over.

Having seen the Claremont movie I remembered there was a scene where the detective finally confirmed that the commodore station wagon had tear-drop mag wheels.

I looked at my mates car, a commodore station wagon of exactly the same model, his old Telecom car, which he bought after Telstra disposed of the vehicles to the auction yard across the road in Ewing Street.

My mates car had those same tear drop mag wheels.

The HJ boys were not lying.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Of all those years, my mate and I followed the CSK case, speculating on the many theories but never having a clue.
My old school friend worked with him.
I even met him once, when Bradley and another technician Damien dropped into my mate's place whilst I was living there once to pick up something on their way out after work.
Remembering now how one of those two gave me the creeps.
He was right there in front of us at the time of the Claremont Serial Killings!
Admitted, he was in front of a lot of people over the years - there was never a clue.
In the end, it was a Palm Print and DNA.
He's never admitted it.
Probably never will.
I can't help but wonder if there was ever anyone else involved, and was he responsible for more?

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back