Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt4 - Beyond the Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Of all those years, my mate and I followed the CSK case, speculating on the many theories but never having a clue.
My old school friend worked with him.
I even met him once, when Bradley and another technician Damien dropped into my mate's place whilst I was living there once to pick up something on their way out after work.
Remembering now how one of those two gave me the creeps.
He was right there in front of us at the time of the Claremont Serial Killings!
Admitted, he was in front of a lot of people over the years - there was never a clue.
In the end, it was a Palm Print and DNA.
He's never admitted it.
Probably never will.
I can't help but wonder if there was ever anyone else involved, and was he responsible for more?

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
Yep, looks can be deceiving. You never really know what is going through some one else's head. Though that said, some times people do give off a creepy vibe, but who would think the creepy bloke before you was the CSK ??? No one had an inkling!!

A while ago my old school friend, who once worked as a Telecom technician under Bradley Edwards dad, came over.

Having seen the Claremont movie I remembered there was a scene where the detective finally confirmed that the commodore station wagon had tear-drop mag wheels.

I looked at my mates car, a commodore station wagon of exactly the same model, his old Telecom car, which he bought after Telstra disposed of the vehicles to the auction yard across the road in Ewing Street.

My mates car had those same tear drop mag wheels.

The HJ boys were not lying.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
The Evidence gave by the Burger Boy about the car being the description it was, was very convincing describing how he was interested in that particular model which was why he was looking at it. Even when the defence got him to admit it could have been another model he added but I am sure it was the other.

I'll go back through the original thread and try to find the statement, but I'm still intrigued by the testimony of one of the witnesses - they stated that they saw one of the victims (apologies, can't remember which one) walking alone on the night she disappeared and was being followed by two men, one on each side of the street and clearly together. I think the witness had just got out of a car and was on his way to an after work function.
I'm wondering if you're recalling this incorrectly. Ciara Glennon was spotted, walking alone, by three lads outside a takeaway/burger bar after 1 a.m. She was on the other side of the road and heading past them from left to right out of town. A short-time later one of the lads saw her stopped at a white car heading the same way and talking (across the passenger side) to the driver. It is thought this was Edwards' car, which looked like a taxi. Ciara, IMHO, probably got in voluntarily – whether or not she realised it wasn't a taxi – and the poor girl was subsequently overpowered.

I have met them both for coffee many years ago on Bay View Tce in Claremont. I sent him a pic last week of a lake that wasn't there in 1996. So all I can say is our search has reduced by about half.
Wait ,so you met both remote viewers?
Are they actually remotely controlled?

Wait ,so you met both remote viewers?
Are they actually remotely controlled?
They tune in. They are given a bunch of numbers and or letters which are assigned to the task, IE; finding SS. They alter their tuning in abilities and draw what they can pick up on. And the location was where I picked up on when simply driving my car or motorbike near Wellard way. I was tuning in a different way. You dont know how you know,you just know. This was about 2003. The remote viewers (I don't know how many were in the session) they did their session @ 2008. But I will confirm the date soon.

The Evidence gave by the Burger Boy about the car being the description it was, was very convincing describing how he was interested in that particular model which was why he was looking at it. Even when the defence got him to admit it could have been another model he added but I am sure it was the other.

What is known as An Expert Witness and the Judge accepted his special interest in cars and mag wheels.

A car enthusiast - thank goodness for him. So to this Witness - thank you mate :).

Oh Metic the remote viewers are not told that the target numbers assigned are for SS, or anyone else. Only the team leader knows. As said they did the task and at least two of the remote viewers drew a windmill & a pipe. I happen to have a windmill. The r,v leader said the reviewers were asked to find the closest manmade object/s closest to the position where person x (who has been assigned whatever numbers etc ) remains are located.

Incidentally I was originally drawn to Lake Coolbelup area. Namely Telegraph Rd. You might be able to find that comment in the early blogs. Now I've been to that road. Nothing is there. After BRE got arrested it dawned on me why Telegraph Rd came into my head. BRE worked for Telstra. (Telegraph wires) I do have another interesting story too, exactly like the above I can tell you.

I'm wondering if you're recalling this incorrectly. Ciara Glennon was spotted, walking alone, by three lads outside a takeaway/burger bar after 1 a.m. She was on the other side of the road and heading past them from left to right out of town. A short-time later one of the lads saw her stopped at a white car heading the same way and talking (across the passenger side) to the driver. It is thought this was Edwards' car, which looked like a taxi. Ciara, IMHO, probably got in voluntarily – whether or not she realised it wasn't a taxi – and the poor girl was subsequently overpowered.
No, definitely wasn't that. I'll take a look through the thread when I get a chance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240311_023639_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240311_023639_Samsung Internet.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20240311_023648_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240311_023648_Samsung Internet.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 47

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as I can recall, did the judge not take the decision to place no weight on this woman's evidence due to the location she said the incident had occurred (and possibly also because of the direction the young woman was heading)? He was not saying she was lying, merely that it could not be relied on. Correct me if I'm wrong about this but I don't think I am.

As far as I can recall, did the judge not take the decision to place no weight on this woman's evidence due to the location she said the incident had occurred (and possibly also because of the direction the young woman was heading)? He was not saying she was lying, merely that it could not be relied on. Correct me if I'm wrong about this but I don't think I am.
All evidence is considered. She did describe Ciara accurately and there possibly was a man walking behind her and another one waving at Bay View Terrace not necessarily related to the first. Claremont would be busy on a Saturday night so these could easily be just a coincidence. She never said she saw the man do anything to Ciara.

Nothing in her statement seems wrong to me with the overall evidence. I don't think anyone would be saying her evidence could not be relied on.

The Crown has to give all sides of the story. If they don't then the defence can pick up on that and say they were ignoring possible sightings. There was also another person that said they saw someone that looked like Ciara further down the highway. That would have been less reliable information than this.

All evidence is considered. She did describe Ciara accurately and there possibly was a man walking behind her and another one waving at Bay View Terrace not necessarily related to the first. Claremont would be busy on a Saturday night so these could easily be just a coincidence. She never said she saw the man do anything to Ciara.

Nothing in her statement seems wrong to me with the overall evidence. I don't think anyone would be saying her evidence could not be relied on.

The Crown has to give all sides of the story. If they don't then the defence can pick up on that and say they were ignoring possible sightings. There was also another person that said they saw someone that looked like Ciara further down the highway. That would have been less reliable information than this.
You are correct about *everything having to be taken into account. My point is that, while we can all have an opinion, it was the judge who discounted this particular witness' evidence in his written judgement – with the caveat that I'm saying so from memory.

You are correct about *everything having to be taken into account. My point is that, while we can all have an opinion, it was the judge who discounted this particular witness' evidence in his written judgement – with the caveat that I'm saying so from memory.
This was what the judge said. Mainly said that she may have been influenced in the description but it was probably Ciara she sawt except perhaps the side of the road she was walking on was probably not logical.

It is suggested that Ms Rogers' description of the woman may have
been influenced by the fact that she had seen the re-enactment by the time
she made her statement. This is certainly true as regards whether the
woman had big hips or had a jacket wrapped around her waist. I also
accept that the opportunity to test how much of her recollection is an
independent memory has now been lost. However Ms Rogers' evidence
must be viewed in the context of other witnesses, who described
Ms Glennon at points both before and after the point at which Ms Rogers
saw the woman she describes. In that light I am satisfied that Ms Rogers
evidence is reliable and that the woman she saw was Ms Glennon. A
suggestion that it is more likely that Ms Glennon would have been
walking on the other side of the road as it would afford better
opportunities to flag down a taxi coming from Stirling Highway seems to
me to be arguable and of slight significance.

This was what the judge said. Mainly said that she may have been influenced in the description but it was probably Ciara she sawt except perhaps the side of the road she was walking on was probably not logical.

It is suggested that Ms Rogers' description of the woman may have
been influenced by the fact that she had seen the re-enactment by the time
she made her statement. This is certainly true as regards whether the
woman had big hips or had a jacket wrapped around her waist. I also
accept that the opportunity to test how much of her recollection is an
independent memory has now been lost. However Ms Rogers' evidence
must be viewed in the context of other witnesses, who described
Ms Glennon at points both before and after the point at which Ms Rogers
saw the woman she describes. In that light I am satisfied that Ms Rogers
evidence is reliable and that the woman she saw was Ms Glennon. A
suggestion that it is more likely that Ms Glennon would have been
walking on the other side of the road as it would afford better
opportunities to flag down a taxi coming from Stirling Highway seems to
me to be arguable and of slight significance.
I must bow to your superior knowledge here – i.e. you're right and I'm wrong! Something was telling me that the judge had discounted this witness although acknowledging she'd been well meaning. I'll revisit that evidence tomorrow and come back with anything that jumps out at me.

Ms Rogers was one the few witness sightings he didn't discount. If you click the link at the top of the page
"Justice Hall's Decision 619 pgs" and go to page 278 section titled "Conclusions – Ciara Glennon's movements and the car that took her" you will find Judge Halls reasons on why the others (excluding the Burger Boys) were discounted.

I must bow to your superior knowledge here – i.e. you're right and I'm wrong! Something was telling me that the judge had discounted this witness although acknowledging she'd been well meaning. I'll revisit that evidence tomorrow and come back with anything that jumps out at me.
I was just curious. I did a search for Rogers and found the answer. I hadn't specifically remembered her testimony.

You
I was just curious. I did a search for Rogers and found the answer. I hadn't specifically remembered her testimony.
User 'Redacted' was wondering earlier if anyone else might have been involved. Margaret Rogers' evidence does not assist in that regard, for the two men she mentions were not together and are not recorded on Stirling Highway. Her evidence is crucial, however, for placing Ciara walking straight down Bayview Terrace (to turn right into SH) and not, for instance, turning right into St Quintin Ave. Had she done so, she could not have passed the Burger Boys on SH who were (again, IIRC) the very last people to see her. I believe BRE acted alone. Incidentally, it was Karen Mabbott I was thinking of when noting that the judge did not rely on her evidence – of seeing Ciara on the same side of the road as the Burger Boys but a little further along SH heading out of Claremont.

Last edited:
not being insensitive in anyway if the guys were outside a burger joint close to a pub and after 12 is not a good evidence, nothing good happens after 12 pm.

not being insensitive in anyway if the guys were outside a burger joint close to a pub and after 12 is not a good evidence, nothing good happens after 12 pm.
Normally, fair enough to a degree. Judge Hall found the Burger Boys' evidence convincing, though, in particular because one of them was knowledgeable about the type of car he saw Ciara stopped at. Each saw Ciara pass them on SH.

I am on a train heading to Mandurah. I was looking out the window at the bush and just before Kwinana train station I saw a palm tree in the bush. So random. It got me thinking, would someone, BRE for example, plant a sign post or something. Where Sarah is, or perhaps another person. How did a palm tree get into the middle of the bush?

I am on a train heading to Mandurah. I was looking out the window at the bush and just before Kwinana train station I saw a palm tree in the bush. So random. It got me thinking, would someone, BRE for example, plant a sign post or something. Where Sarah is, or perhaps another person. How did a palm tree get into the middle of the bush?
Possibly, but more likely the remnants of a garden from a house which no longer stands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back