Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part III] - 18 week suspension confirmed; ineligible to play in '24 season; NMFC has officially sacked Tarryn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Those texts are pretty off but * me dead if this now the standard for killing careers rhe AFL is going to find itself in a real jam very soon.

Coz every girl who feels done over by a footy player she rooted is going to start screenshotting their deadshit texts

It should end his career with us. If another club wants to look past it then good luck.to them

Ok it’s hard to put a % on it.

But would you say it’s common for you to deal with victims of domestic violence that have never been physically or sexually abused?
sure... feel there was greater context in my last comment but yea, no one form of abuse is gauranteed to be paired with another, but the dehumanising effect of verbal abuse is usually one of the earlier stages of the cycle of abuse

Coz every girl who feels done over by a footy player she rooted is going to start screenshotting their deadshit texts

Well that’s domestic violence.

And not just women.

Have a go at a family member, that’s also domestic violence.

Tell a mate to * off. That’s clearly domestic violence as well.

‘Would do again’: Tarryn Thomas’ shocking text messages exposed​

Damning text messages sent by Tarryn Thomas have emerged on social media in which the North Melbourne player said he had abused women and “would do again”.
Brooke Grebert-Craig

February 20, 2024 - 5:50PM

Damning texts sent by Tarryn Thomas have emerged on social media as the AFL is set to hand down sanctions to the North Melbourne player over fresh allegations of domestic violence.
A screenshot of a message, circulating on Instagram and obtained by the Herald Sun, showed Thomas speaking about abusing women.
“And for them girls I abuse I would do again,” he wrote to a woman.
“After what they did to me if you do me wrong I will let you have it.”
It comes as a source close to another woman, who was previously linked to Thomas, detailed his allegedly abusive nature.
“He harassed, stalked, abused and made threats against her,” they said.
“He made her feel worthless and small with his nasty words.”
The source said the woman was “fearful” of Thomas and isolated her from family and friends.
Thomas’ career at the Kangaroos could be over within days with the AFL expected to suspend him of up to 18 weeks.
On Monday, the AFL said its investigation into the new allegations of domestic violence was not yet resolved.
But it’s understood a suspension of that length had been raised in discussions with the AFL and North Melbourne.
Last year, Thomas escaped conviction after threatening to share an explicit video of his ex-partner Jamai Curran.
Instead, he was ordered to pay $1000 to charity.
At the time, Ms Curran told the Herald Sun that she believed Thomas never faced harsh consequences for his behaviour.
“I think he believes the way he treats women is justified because of his status and power,” she said.
“I think he believes he’s entitled to treat women however he wants.
“North Melbourne and the justice system not punishing him just reinforces it is OK because he never faces consequences.”
Ms Curran said the AFL were “letting women down” by prioritising players and their reputations.
“I think the AFL are letting women down and at this point, need to be held responsible,” she said.
“The AFL and clubs talk so much about domestic violence and taking it seriously but when push comes to shove they don’t do anything about it because it’s more important to protect players and reputations.
“It will be interesting to see how this plays out and if AFL finally matches its actions with its words.”
An 18-week suspension could give the Kangaroos cause to cut ties with Thomas.
He is in the last season of a lucrative contract, currently being paid between $600,000 to $700,000.

Scum.

Well that’s domestic violence.

And not just women.

Have a go at a family member, that’s also domestic violence.

Tell a mate to * off. That’s clearly domestic violence as well.
right, so that's where you're trying to go with this

I think TT's camp leaked it as a clumsy hail-mary attempt at saving face and generating outrage before the punishment was endorsed and confirmed.

Possible.

But I saw Tom Morris at training yesterday and then lo and behold there was the 18 week story in arvo.

I also saw Maffew Lloyd go into the building and again, a few hours later he was running a sympathetic story about not letting Tarryn be lost to the game like Harley Bennell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sure... feel there was greater context in my last comment but yea, no one form of abuse is gauranteed to be paired with another, but the dehumanising effect of verbal abuse is usually one of the earlier stages of the cycle of abuse

I kind of feel that you don’t want to answer my question.

I acknowledge domestic violence can take on many forms. And that you’re saying that emotional abuse for want of a better term can be the catalyst for physical abuse?

But my question should be pretty clear and easy to answer.

What percentage “roughly” of cases you deal with, has the victim never being physically or sexually abused by the perpetrator?

5%, 25%, 50%?

Seriously he is facing 18 weeks for telling someone via text if you * me over, I’ll * you over?
Penalties are always bigger for repeat offenders, this is the latest in a long line of bad behaviour towards women. The effort that the club have put into him in recent times makes this situation even worse because it's clear he's neither learned nor changed his behaviour.

Seriously he is facing 18 weeks for telling someone via text if you * me over, I’ll * you over?
Come on why do you assume the leaked texts are his only indiscretion? He is obviously a piece of s**t. They should put him in the clink for a few months and let’s see how tough he feels in there .

I kind of feel that you don’t want to answer my question.

I acknowledge domestic violence can take on many forms. And that you’re saying that emotional abuse for want of a better term can be the catalyst for physical abuse?

But my question should be pretty clear and easy to answer.

What percentage “roughly” of cases you deal with, has the victim never being physically or sexually abused by the perpetrator?

5%, 25%, 50%?
believe it or not, it's not part of my job to keep running tallies in my mind over the course of 10 years of sessions. so let's just call it, with no confidence whatsover, because all you seem to care about is a number, 31%

Remove this Banner Ad

Back