Injury 2024 Crows Injury Update

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a gut punch to kick off our season!

Fortunately the forward line is not where we're lacking, but damn it, Thilly made it look so much more imposing.

We'll really miss his slick hands and quick thinking in the scrums in front of goal and when he's rucking around the ground.

Hoping he only misses a few.

Buggerbumshitpoowee! :rage:

Long term osteoarthritis , knee replacements , medium term further arthroscopy etc

Short term -once he gets over it he will probably be stronger in it than previous as they rehab well these days
so likely an injury he will need to manage theought his career, rather than a fix up and its gone scenario?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had this op nearly 20 years ago. Recovery about 8 weeks. Felt great for years, starting to play up a bit again now tho.

Edit - I’ve wondered for a while whether TTS knees are a bit like mine. My surgeon thought I had a ruptured ACL on examination, and made me get an MRI. Turns out my acl was fine, just loose AF.

This is the second or third time TT has gone down with a knee problem, iirc, but the earlier ones were not a big deal.

Bit of a disaster, really. Hope this doesn't mean our injury luck will turn bad this year. Interesting selection choice now: Burgess or Gollant. Guess given his prominence throughout pre-season and his superior ability as a ruck, it'll be Burgess (at least vs the Suns).

So anywhere from Round 3 to Round 10
Knee injuries can often knock you out for a full season so good that we will most likely see him back in the first half of the season.

Any idea about the long term implications? Is that knee know weaker?
Depends what path they opt for repair or menisectomy. Menisectomy is the quick fix, but defi
Some articles saying recovery time can be 6-9 months post op. So we might not see him at all. That would be a disaster.
I'd hope at his young age where he'd still have a semi reasonable blood supply to the meniscus it wouldn't be more than 6 months, but that's pretty much a season either way

This is a gut punch to kick off our season!

Fortunately the forward line is not where we're lacking, but damn it, Thilly made it look so much more imposing.

We'll really miss his slick hands and quick thinking in the scrums in front of goal and when he's rucking around the ground.

Hoping he only misses a few.

Buggerbumshitpoowee! :rage:
Your right, We can cover losing him for a little while at this stage. Losing Dawson, Walker, Rankin or O'Brian now would have been a lot worse. It hurts his development though.

Repair is best for long term. Menisectomy is the quick fix (4 to 6 weeks) but you really do need that cartilage in the joint long term. But I'd suggest a repair is generally more than the 10 to 12 weeks I'm hearing quoted though, more like 4- 6 months but there are variables, size of the tear, location of the tear etc. Sometimes it's possible to do a partial menisectomy only and that might mean a little shorter recovery/rehab

Remove this Banner Ad

Back