Training 2024 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't be surprised if you see big Arie debut round one.

People like to hang him on here for absolutely no reason, but the coaches rate him very very highly.

RTB wouldn't have played him in the pre season match otherwise
The Arie bashing was out of control…love to see him make it at the elite level, he’s a bit of a lad but can play!!

The Arie bashing was out of control…love to see him make it at the elite level, he’s a bit of a lad but can play!!

Arie Bashing?
I only saw tongue in cheek jokes about him.

FWIW.
Sharman doesn't really turn like the titanic.
Schoonermaster doesn't really reach for a beer every time he has a break in training.
----
But in order to keep the humour in the thread that is the last time you'll hear me admit those facts.

Arie Bashing?

FWIW.
Schoonermaster doesn't really reach for a beer every time he has a break in training.
----
But in order to keep the humour in the thread that is the last time you'll hear me admit those facts.
Not my idea of humour but whatever turns you on I guess

Arie Bashing?

FWIW.
----

anSLta0.jpeg

Well as they say, one man’s “trash” is another man’s treasure.
Very happy to have him on board if he continues they way he’s started.
You'll have your ups and downs with him, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. He is damaging when on and from what Ive seen in the 2 games hes played for you he looks happy and on!! Really happy for him and your club.

Cheers mate…apparently Riley got no love from Ken!
Riley was the scapegoat for every Port loss, he didn't fit the Port mantra of a bash and crash player. Hinkley didnt use his talents or weapons. Bonner wont win you the hard inside footy, but get it to him on the outside and he will cut you up as you are all seeing now. Ross & Co obviously see his strengths which all good coaches do. Again as a fan Im so happy for him.

Anyone know the schedule for training sessions now that we are moving into the season proper? Tuesdays and Thursdays?

I've seen a few posters put out claims about what Arie apparently did in school that next to noone else has verified... outside of that there hasn't been any bashing of sort

In other news... anyone else find it interesting that George went quiet as soon as Dard Ball Get copped a day off :think: :think:
Blaming Spider-Man GIF
It's sad isn't it. Gee the quality dropped over the last 24 hours!
giphy.gif

Last edited:
You'll have your ups and downs with him, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. He is damaging when on and from what Ive seen in the 2 games hes played for you he looks happy and on!! Really happy for him and your club.
IMG_2144.jpeg

Don't be surprised if you see big Arie debut round one.

People like to hang him on here for absolutely no reason, but the coaches rate him very very highly.

RTB wouldn't have played him in the pre season match otherwise
Allison was an emergency , I wouldn't read too much into playing in a practice match , where did you hear they rate him so highly ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen a few posters put out claims about what Arie apparently did in school that next to noone else has verified... outside of that there hasn't been any bashing of sort

In other news... anyone else find it interesting that George went quiet as soon as Dard Ball Get copped a day off :think: :think:
Blaming Spider-Man GIF
MV5BNTFhNWJjNTQtN2MxNC00NWQzLWIwNjktZjkwZjFkYWYzZmZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODg0OTM4NTc@._V1_.jpg

I like Arie and think he definitely has the tools - at the ground his lack of fitness did show a few times though. He was caught behind and struggling to keep up with his opponent quite a lot.

I think he is a very high chance to be playing regularly come 2025 once that fitness improves though. RTB and co clearly see something they like in him.

I like Arie and think he definitely has the tools - at the ground his lack of fitness did show a few times though. He was caught behind and struggling to keep up with his opponent quite a lot.

I think he is a very high chance to be playing regularly come 2025 once that fitness improves though. RTB and co clearly see something they like in him.
Arie’s fitness is no better or worse than most other first year players. He’s played with men before and held his own. The rumours he did no training in the break are ridiculous - he trained with a combination of ex-AFL, AFL, SANFL and TSL players. He even trained with a player tipped to “breakout” this year and didn’t struggle to keep up. I saw it with my own eyes, spoke to said player.

He can thank former AFL player Mitch Thorp for putting the faith in him. He was so close to the Devils cutting him and had he not played well whilst serving the ban, would have ended up cut. He ended up playing a full season last year and that was because Thorpy chose to support him.

His biggest barrier to success is decision-making, on field and especially off it. But make no mistake, if he stuffs up, his past will come back to bite him.

He can play forward and wing. Did well in the TSL Development League a few years ago, was leading the goal kicking at some stage, could have kicked more with professionalism.

I think you’ll see an early debut regardless. Would not shock me to see him a lock by 2025 if he puts in the work. Athletic-wise, there is a lot to like.

Arie Bashing?

FWIW.
----
What type of beer do you reckon would be his go to? Cascade or Boags😉

Arie’s fitness is no better or worse than most other first year players. He’s played with men before and held his own. The rumours he did no training in the break are ridiculous - he trained with a combination of ex-AFL, AFL, SANFL and TSL players. He even trained with a player tipped to “breakout” this year and didn’t struggle to keep up. I saw it with my own eyes, spoke to said player.

He can thank former AFL player Mitch Thorp for putting the faith in him. He was so close to the Devils cutting him and had he not played well whilst serving the ban, would have ended up cut. He ended up playing a full season last year and that was because Thorpy chose to support him.

His biggest barrier to success is decision-making, on field and especially off it. But make no mistake, if he stuffs up, his past will come back to bite him.

He can play forward and wing. Did well in the TSL Development League a few years ago, was leading the goal kicking at some stage, could have kicked more with professionalism.

I think you’ll see an early debut regardless. Would not shock me to see him a lock by 2025 if he puts in the work. Athletic-wise, there is a lot to like.
IMG_2144.jpeg

Riley was the scapegoat for every Port loss, he didn't fit the Port mantra of a bash and crash player. Hinkley didnt use his talents or weapons. Bonner wont win you the hard inside footy, but get it to him on the outside and he will cut you up as you are all seeing now. Ross & Co obviously see his strengths which all good coaches do. Again as a fan Im so happy for him.

What a pleasure having Port supporters in here to leave comments on Bonner. A great change after the raft of no neck North supporters that invaded the forum after last weeks practice match. Well done Port supporters.

What a pleasure having Port supporters in here to leave comments on Bonner. A great change after the raft of no neck North supporters that invaded the forum after last weeks practice match. Well done Port supporters.
I was in Port Adelaide for work today, and in my last meeting one of the guys announced himself as a Port supporter. I promptly thanked him for Riley Bonner. He did not appear pleased. It made me smile the whole flight home.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back