Suns in the Media - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Wil Powell 7 News

Gold Coast Suns midfielder Matt Rowell joined Harf ahead of their opening round clash against Richmond on Saturday.

To be fair, it was in response to someone else's theory that Dimma may have not trying 100% to win the pre-season games and I just provided a real example where that happened with NBA players/coaches. FWIW I thought we were pretty poor in our pre-season games this year, but I'm trying to work out if the high quality opposition made us look worse than we are or if we really do have that much work to do to get it right from here. Saturday against a weaker Tigers side should be telling.

The Lions have a roar followed by a clip of an individual song chosen by the player that kicked the goal and the Lions fans absolutely love it. This is where the famous Charlie Cameron - Country Road situation originated from. Why can't we do something like that? I'm guessing there would be less hatred towards the trumpet sound if it was immediately followed by a song chosen by the player and the whole crowd could get into it. Or just change the trumpet sound to a sun/fire related sound. Either way, I think we're missing the boat on not playing music after each goal.
Yeah I actually don't mind the trumpet and I'm a fan of individual goal songs so I think that's a good way to go about it.

Brisbane will whinge that we're copying them and old whites will complain that it's too American but they can both sod off.

To be fair, it was in response to someone else's theory that Dimma may have not trying 100% to win the pre-season games and I just provided a real example where that happened with NBA players/coaches. FWIW I thought we were pretty poor in our pre-season games this year, but I'm trying to work out if the high quality opposition made us look worse than we are or if we really do have that much work to do to get it right from here. Saturday against a weaker Tigers side should be telling.

The Lions have a roar followed by a clip of an individual song chosen by the player that kicked the goal and the Lions fans absolutely love it. This is where the famous Charlie Cameron - Country Road situation originated from. Why can't we do something like that? I'm guessing there would be less hatred towards the trumpet sound if it was immediately followed by a song chosen by the player and the whole crowd could get into it. Or just change the trumpet sound to a sun/fire related sound. Either way, I think we're missing the boat on not playing music after each goal.

The trumpet has nothing to do with the Suns. Needs to be something blood curdling to the opposition and their crowd and yes followed by the kickers song!! Would be great.

The trumpet just says that all masculinity has left the building.
Period.
If you want to intimidate opposition and get into their heads when they play here, sorry a trumpet won’t cut the mustard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Available now!
cd8178312d5136ffd152ec51c2ad6fa8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sold out of those yellow training jerseys pretty quickly. Mark Evans has said previously that the club was reluctant to make a yellow based away/clash, because he said yellow hasn't been a high seller in his experience. Hoping this turns the tide because our blue jersey is atrocious

Remove this Banner Ad

Back