Autopsy 2024 Round 1 Blues hold on in yet another heartstopper

Who played well for the Blues in Round 1 vs the Tigers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can honestly say I’ve never been so disappointed after a Carlton game
when you can drive and get to more games you'll fix that.....

The second the game ended I rewound to Boyd's miss to check the before and after scores - the AFL definitely owes us a point
If I’m thinking of the same bit which was Charlie’s air swing.
They paid it as a free kick instead of a point.
Wasn’t sure that was an option for them
When the imp had already soft called a point.

Win ugly, that was the elephant man. Great to keep getting it done in the close ones, builds a lot of belief amongst the group. Crippa loves going beast mode in round one. I thought the defence did okay, Kemp has been better with the spoiling and Gov came good again late after having a poor 3rd quarter. Tigers went hard at that, they'll be shattered.

What a great start to the 2024 season.

The game wasn't great from a defensive point of view, but I'll take it.

That's two in a row.

Now the coaching team and players can take some time to reflect on the first two games - and come back even more focussed after the bye.

It's a weird year, with the Round Zero, but it may work out well for us.

Exciting times - let's go Baggers!!!

Yuck.

The epitome of ugly win, but I never got nervous as this team knows how to win.

The atmosphere at the ground was just average.

Harry was the key and liked Kemp’s game.

Just a crap game, but we’ve got a good team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Do we turn Noah Balta into a superstar..?

A wins A win
I felt sorry for Lewis Young
Small fwds just don't have class.
Mcgovern Bog
Cripps Mckay
Cunners and Carrol were good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marchbank is ready to come back apparently. Elijah Hollands has finished his suspension. We will wait and see on Weiters and Walsh.

its scary really
50% more free kicks (though maybe all ours didnt result in goals)
higher disposal efficiency
30% more inside 50s
30% more shots

just win

Fast And Furious Dude GIF by The Fast Saga

Got abit lucky but we have certainly improved at closing our games.
Couldn’t be more happy with the way Carroll has been playing, I just didn’t think he had the game for AFL level but is proving the opposite. Early days still though.
One positive is that all of Martin, Walsh and Weitering improve us in our weakest spots so the upside is huge.

If I am concerned, what I am concerned about is Tom De Konning.

Nankervis - to be honest, every single Richmond ruck - treated him with utter contempt tonight. He didn't just assume the space, he stood there and invited Tom to do whatever he wanted. In his position, his ribs were available, his head was available, his knees and groin were available; what does Tom do? Absolutely ******* nothing. He doesn't try and force Nank to do anything different; Nankervis just ******* set up under the ball and ******* grabbed it out of the ruck.

To say that the rule change which removes HTB as an option in that situation is dumb is missing the point. Despite the goal he kicked and his last 10 minutes, Tom got smashed tonight by his refusal to get dirty. He wants the clean tap, the massive leap, the globetrotters play, but there's more to rucking than just tapping the ball.

You need to be willing to hurt your opponent some. At the moment, Tom's a labrador when we need a rottweiler.
Dude, he won the game for us!😎

Some great moments and great little plays from pretty much everyone at various times. I loved the team effort and Hazza was awesome. Guv and Ollie and Blakers... just fantastic! Frustrating game but kudos to Tigers for hanging in.
The tiger scratches to Cap and Charlie, not so much.

Back